Smashy

k1 filers - NOV-DEC 2018 NOA2-->Consulate.

628 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, uhohmel said:

embassy received our case on december 31 - on january 17th i emailed in hopes of some clarification on time frame/wondering if i could send packet 3 - got a response from that email with instructions and a link for packet 3. i sent it in that same day, in a separate email like instructed.

on the 22nd got an email response saying we needed proof of my fiancés residence and current address (Australian citizen on a work/tour visa in canada - doing our interview at the mtl embassy), he also got a physical copy in the regular mail - it was dated the 16th and said our case had been paused until they received that. (i also received this in a SECOND email and a physical copy mailed to me days later) *eye roll* 

so i have two separate email chains now, both saying 'we acknowledge receipt of your email blah blah" one saying they will forward to visa unit and they'll advise me of the next step - and the other saying "You will be contacted with further instructions as soon as we are able to do so." 

5 days ago now and I'm obsessively checking my email hoping for the ok to book an interview.

is this normal?! I've been lurking some posts and it seems the embassy has slowed to almost nothing the last month and we're feeling very in the dark over here!

sounds similar to my situation.  They needed proof of legal status (fiance is PR of canada) we sent that through the email as well the same day on  jan 18th. We're waiting to hear   back as well. We're in the same boat and that boat is ''dark".   

Timeline

Got the P4 this morning and booked our interview date! 🙂 Hoping the same for all that are waiting. 

Question: Did anyone select premium delivery service for their visa delivery? We decided to have it shipped within montreal. Would it be worth it even paying the extra 21 CAD for it? 

Timeline

Just received the P4 this morning but when I go on the website to schedule the appointment it says "There are no available appointments at the selected location. Please try again later."

Is this normal and should I just try again in a few hours/tomorrow? :(

*EDIT*

Never mind, chose the incorrect option at first. (Didn't see where it mentioned K1)

Edited by jladell

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, Hook_Grapp said:

Got the P4 this morning and booked our interview date! 🙂 Hoping the same for all that are waiting. 

Question: Did anyone select premium delivery service for their visa delivery? We decided to have it shipped within montreal. Would it be worth it even paying the extra 21 CAD for it? 

I got my P4 this morning as well!! My interview date is March 6th!! I can't believe after almost a year I finally have it haha!!!

I didn't get the premium delivery but I may change my mind later! 

Timeline

Holy #######, it's about time!  I was guessing yesterday that no one was getting P4 until they finally released the March availability.  That was probably it.

I paid for the premium delivery as it seemed like otherwise I had to go pick it up at Depot, and I feel better about having it delivered to me at work.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, d24v said:

Holy #######, it's about time!  I was guessing yesterday that no one was getting P4 until they finally released the March availability.  That was probably it.

I paid for the premium delivery as it seemed like otherwise I had to go pick it up at Depot, and I feel better about having it delivered to me at work.

I guess i just didn't understand what premium delivery does. We'll be staying in Montreal after the interview so we picked a Montreal post office location to be delivered. Would premium deliver it faster? 

Great news for everyone who got their P4 btw. Almost there!

Timeline
1 minute ago, Hook_Grapp said:

I guess i just didn't understand what premium delivery does. We'll be staying in Montreal after the interview so we picked a Montreal post office location to be delivered. Would premium deliver it faster? 

Great news for everyone who got their P4 btw. Almost there!

Oh yeah, not too sure.  I'm heading back to AB after my interview; I'm sure one of the people who waited it out will have good advice though.

Home stretch for the Canadian contingent!  I had to stop looking at the November NOA2=>NVC thread because it was too annoying to see how much quicker things move in other countries lol

Timeline
1 hour ago, KelsJosh said:

I got my P4 this morning as well!! My interview date is March 6th!! I can't believe after almost a year I finally have it haha!!!

I didn't get the premium delivery but I may change my mind later! 

Us as well! *highfive* and we're on the same date! 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, jladell said:

Just received the P4 this morning but when I go on the website to schedule the appointment it says "There are no available appointments at the selected location. Please try again later."

Is this normal and should I just try again in a few hours/tomorrow? :(

*EDIT*

Never mind, chose the incorrect option at first. (Didn't see where it mentioned K1)

Hey! When did you receive your P3? It looks like we sent our I-129Fs on the same day in June. I’m still waiting for my P3! 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

After waiting over 2 weeks for my P4 after sending my P3 (and receiving confirmation about receiving my P3 documents and forwarding them to the Visa Unit), I decided to send an inquiry to Montreal yesterday asking for an update. 
Well, I just got this email back from them... asking for me to send in all my documents again!
How frustrating this process can be! Hopefully I don't have to wait weeks again before receiving my P4. 

51007115_359365287949747_3928583650525839360_n.jpg

K1 & K2:
I129f Sent: March 23, 2018

NOA1: March 29, 2018
RFE: September 29, 2018
RFE reply: October 12, 2018 (Re-sent USC birth certificate and beneficiary's divorce certificate)
NOA2: November 03, 2018 (219 days from NOA1)
NVC Received: November 23, 2018 (20 days from NOA2)

NVC Case Number: December 07, 2018 (14 days from NVC received)
NVC Left: December 26, 2018 (19 days from NVC case number)
Consulate Received: December 31, 2018 (5 days from NVC left)
CEAC status 'Ready': January 7, 2019 (7 days from consulate received)
P3 Sent: January 14, 2019 (7 days from 'Ready')
P4 Received: February 1, 2019 (18 days from P3 sent)
Interview: March 13, 2019- APPROVED! (40 days from P4; 349 days from NOA1)
Visa in Hand: June 3, 2019 (82 days since interview)

(Guaranteed delivery date March 21, 2019- Canada Post "lost" my package)
                               Passports/Visas officially declared "lost": April 15, 2019 (33 days since interview)
                               Reapply for new passports: April 16, 2019 (34 days since interview)

Received New Passports: April 29, 2019 (47 days since interview)
                               New Passports Delivered to Consulate: May 2, 2019 (50 days since interview)
                               USC Contacted State Senator to request inquiry: May 23, 2019 (71 days since interview)

POE: June 20, 2019
Marriage: August 13, 2019

AOS

I-485, I-765, I-131 Sent: September 9, 2019
I-485, I-765, I-131 NOA1: September 16, 2019
I-485, I-165 Biometrics: October 10, 2019
I-485 Case update- ready to be scheduled for interview : November 8, 2019

I-485 Case update- Interview has been scheduled: November 13, 2019 (Dallas, Tx)
Interview:

event.png

So many P4s today wahoo!

K1 Visa:
Filed I-129f 4/14/2018
Interview 3/27/2019 (Approved)
Visa received 4/4/2019

AOS:
Filed I-485, I-131, I-765 6/21/2019

NOA1 6/24/2019

Biometrics 7/15/2019

EAD/AP Approved 11/12/2019

Interview 2/20/2020 (Approved pending missing medical)
Approved 3/23/2020

ROC:
Filed I-751 2/15/2022 

Case Received 2/17/2022
Text message received 2/22/2022

NOA1 Recieved 2/26/2022
Biometrics Waved 3/28/2022

We'll be staying in Montreal after the interview so we picked a Montreal post office location to be delivered.

Are you staying indefinitely? Just a word to be cautious with that if not and you live far away. You never know if they could end up keeping your passport due to AP for an extended time. You just never know...

K1 Visa:
Filed I-129f 4/14/2018
Interview 3/27/2019 (Approved)
Visa received 4/4/2019

AOS:
Filed I-485, I-131, I-765 6/21/2019

NOA1 6/24/2019

Biometrics 7/15/2019

EAD/AP Approved 11/12/2019

Interview 2/20/2020 (Approved pending missing medical)
Approved 3/23/2020

ROC:
Filed I-751 2/15/2022 

Case Received 2/17/2022
Text message received 2/22/2022

NOA1 Recieved 2/26/2022
Biometrics Waved 3/28/2022

Timeline
1 hour ago, raptora said:

While I'm thinking about it, any ideas on how long it would be from interview to visa in hand for a Vancouverite? Trying to get a rough idea of when we should be ready to move. 

Reviewing other timelines (with the caveat now that Montreal seems to be running at a snail's pace), it seemed to be 1-2 weeks.  

There's a lot of January timelines who haven't updated since their interview (either because they don't have their visa, or because they haven't updated), but there's one from the 16th that got their visa on the 21st too.  

Timeline
42 minutes ago, MeghanK said:

Are you staying indefinitely? Just a word to be cautious with that if not and you live far away. You never know if they could end up keeping your passport due to AP for an extended time. You just never know...

Yes, thats the plan. We're planning on staying there till we get the passport back. What do you mean by AP?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.