Jump to content
success4ve

How to answer the question "Has anyone else ever filed a petition for the beneficiary?" in form I-130.

5 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I am a U.S. Citizen and I am filling I-130 petition for my spouse. I married her in November 3, 2018.  Her mother who is also a US citizen filed a I-130 petition  to change her status from B2 visa to F1 in May 2015 then in  April, 2016 the petition was approved, in June, 2016 she receive a letter for the National Visa Center telling her  "A visa number is unaivalable and this petition is not elegible for further processing".  Now, I don't know how to answer the question  "Has anyone else ever filed a petition for the beneficiary?" in form I-130, in other word, I don't know if counts as a petition or not. Should I answer YES or NOT? I need help! Please. Thanks! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, success4ve said:

I am a U.S. Citizen and I am filling I-130 petition for my spouse. I married her in November 3, 2018.  Her mother who is also a US citizen filed a I-130 petition  to change her status from B2 visa to F1 in May 2015 then in  April, 2016 the petition was approved, in June, 2016 she receive a letter for the National Visa Center telling her  "A visa number is unaivalable and this petition is not elegible for further processing".  Now, I don't know how to answer the question  "Has anyone else ever filed a petition for the beneficiary?" in form I-130, in other word, I don't know if counts as a petition or not. Should I answer YES or NOT? I need help! Please. Thanks! 

if you have never filed for someone before, just said NO. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The answer would be yes. Her mother filed an I-130 for her.

Any accepted petition counts - approved, withdrawn, denied, still pending, etc. Read the questions literally and answer honestly and you'll be fine.

 

31 minutes ago, Mara0899 said:

if you have never filed for someone before, just said NO. 

"anyone else" is key here. Somebody else is known to have done so.

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago

9/27/17: received by USCIS

10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received

10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received

10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update)

1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed

1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received

1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice

10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice

10/25/18: Formal approval

10/31/18: Green card received

 

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/17: sent

12/14/17: NOA1 hard copy received

3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification)

3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved!

3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

 

NVC

4/6/2017: Received

4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy

4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy

4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

 

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, geowrian said:

The answer would be yes. Her mother filed an I-130 for her.

Any accepted petition counts - approved, withdrawn, denied, still pending, etc. Read the questions literally and answer honestly and you'll be fine.

 

"anyone else" is key here. Somebody else is known to have done so.

YES, please. best of luck. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×