Jump to content
Cris.R

RFE - Petitioner's Court Records

6 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Dear Fellow VJers,

 

My Fiancé and I received an RFE requesting for "certified copies of all court and police records, showing the charge and disposition for the mentioned case. This is required even if your records were sealed or otherwise cleared or if anyone, including a judge, law enforcement office, or attorney told you that you no longer have a record."

 

In our K1 packet, we included a copy of of the Abstract of Court Record, stamped and signed by the Richland MS Municipal court. It had the Defendant's details, stated the Violation and Disposition of the case (case is stamped Remanded). Since we received the RFE letter, my fiancé again went to the court and presented the RFE letter to ask for more assistance. He was informed it was all they have on the case and recommended for him to contact the PD via email which he did. Days later, he was informed that they only have the Abstract (same document that he had obtained before) and that it should suffice. However, we are quite nervous to submit the same document we attached before but problem is we feel like we have exhausted the resources to get more documentation from the authorities. Hoping someone can help us or give their opinion on this?

 

Many thanks in advance,

 

Maria

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Cris.R said:

Dear Fellow VJers,

 

My Fiancé and I received an RFE requesting for "certified copies of all court and police records, showing the charge and disposition for the mentioned case. This is required even if your records were sealed or otherwise cleared or if anyone, including a judge, law enforcement office, or attorney told you that you no longer have a record."

 

In our K1 packet, we included a copy of of the Abstract of Court Record, stamped and signed by the Richland MS Municipal court. It had the Defendant's details, stated the Violation and Disposition of the case (case is stamped Remanded). Since we received the RFE letter, my fiancé again went to the court and presented the RFE letter to ask for more assistance. He was informed it was all they have on the case and recommended for him to contact the PD via email which he did. Days later, he was informed that they only have the Abstract (same document that he had obtained before) and that it should suffice. However, we are quite nervous to submit the same document we attached before but problem is we feel like we have exhausted the resources to get more documentation from the authorities. Hoping someone can help us or give their opinion on this?

 

Many thanks in advance,

 

Maria

Well, "remanded" doesn't mean the case was closed, is that right? That means it was sent back somewhere? Is there a different court it was sent to that you're missing docs from? Something from somewhere needs to show the conclusion of the case, I don't think "remanded" is a conclusion. This is just a guess though based on info you have given.

 

Also do you have the original police report, that the officer wrote up at the scene? That could possibly be what they are looking for. They could have also misplaced your original court record.


4/14/2018 - Mailed I-129f

4/17/2018 - NOA1

10/16/2018 - NOA2

11/13/2018 - NVC received 

11/20/2018 - Case # assigned

11/27/2018 - Left NVC

11/29/2018 - Consulate Received

12/12/2018 - P3

12/31/2018 Sent P3

1/10/2018 - P4

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MeghanK said:

Well, "remanded" doesn't mean the case was closed, is that right? That means it was sent back somewhere? Is there a different court it was sent to that you're missing docs from? Something from somewhere needs to show the conclusion of the case, I don't think "remanded" is a conclusion. This is just a guess though based on info you have given.

 

Also do you have the original police report, that the officer wrote up at the scene? That could possibly be what they are looking for. They could have also misplaced your original court record.

Hi MeghanK,

 

My fiancé gave the court a call again and this time he was asked to get a public records request. We're waiting to hear back from them. Thank you so much for your suggestion, we almost submitted what we have but at least this is more thorough! I'll update once we have news from the court and police department. 

 

Many thanks,

 

Maria

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Cris.R said:

Hi MeghanK,

 

My fiancé gave the court a call again and this time he was asked to get a public records request. We're waiting to hear back from them. Thank you so much for your suggestion, we almost submitted what we have but at least this is more thorough! I'll update once we have news from the court and police department. 

 

Many thanks,

 

Maria

Try calling the police station again and hunting down that arrest report too! Might not be the missing piece, but won't hurt! They might even be able to email something for free pretty quickly. Good luck! Don't send that RFE back until you have every possible doc you can find.


4/14/2018 - Mailed I-129f

4/17/2018 - NOA1

10/16/2018 - NOA2

11/13/2018 - NVC received 

11/20/2018 - Case # assigned

11/27/2018 - Left NVC

11/29/2018 - Consulate Received

12/12/2018 - P3

12/31/2018 Sent P3

1/10/2018 - P4

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/4/2018 at 12:33 AM, MeghanK said:

Try calling the police station again and hunting down that arrest report too! Might not be the missing piece, but won't hurt! They might even be able to email something for free pretty quickly. Good luck! Don't send that RFE back until you have every possible doc you can find.

Hi MeghanK,

 

Just wanted to share the good news with you that after submitting out reply on December 10, we got our approval letter today dated December 28!!!!

 

Best regards,

 

Cris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cris.R said:

Hi MeghanK,

 

Just wanted to share the good news with you that after submitting out reply on December 10, we got our approval letter today dated December 28!!!!

 

Best regards,

 

Cris

Yay! Congrats! 


4/14/2018 - Mailed I-129f

4/17/2018 - NOA1

10/16/2018 - NOA2

11/13/2018 - NVC received 

11/20/2018 - Case # assigned

11/27/2018 - Left NVC

11/29/2018 - Consulate Received

12/12/2018 - P3

12/31/2018 Sent P3

1/10/2018 - P4

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×