Shellimedz

Visits After Sending in I-129F Packet

10 posts in this topic

I'm curious as to whether USCIS or the consulate knows about trips that I took to my fiance's country during the period after sending the I-129F packet off. I've seen my fiance twice in person, I met him on vacation and then went back and spent 5 days with him prior to sending off the packet. I didn't send a lot of extra proof (front loading), I just sent what they asked for and about 5 or 6 pictures. I'm not a big picture person and I didn't make the trip with thoughts of sending off paperwork, so I didn't go out of my way to gather proof, keep receipts or boarding passes. I did have a future trip planned that I sent the Expedia and airbnb receipt for and I just decided to go back to spend Christmas and New Years, both for a little over a week. So at the interview, I'd have made at least 5 trips to his country (Trinidad) because I plan to be there for the interview. 

I'm just worried now, since I didn't send as much extra relationship evidence as so many others have, if it will be enough. Other than me telling them, will they have prior knowledge about all these extra visits? I met him in June and we got engaged in October, so it's short but I think it's reasonable. I keep reading that everything else can be photoshopped and altered but I know these trips cannot, I'm hoping they'll help. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Shellimedz said:

I'm curious as to whether USCIS or the consulate knows about trips that I took to my fiance's country during the period after sending the I-129F packet off. I've seen my fiance twice in person, I met him on vacation and then went back and spent 5 days with him prior to sending off the packet. I didn't send a lot of extra proof (front loading), I just sent what they asked for and about 5 or 6 pictures. I'm not a big picture person and I didn't make the trip with thoughts of sending off paperwork, so I didn't go out of my way to gather proof, keep receipts or boarding passes. I did have a future trip planned that I sent the Expedia and airbnb receipt for and I just decided to go back to spend Christmas and New Years, both for a little over a week. So at the interview, I'd have made at least 5 trips to his country (Trinidad) because I plan to be there for the interview. 

I'm just worried now, since I didn't send as much extra relationship evidence as so many others have, if it will be enough. Other than me telling them, will they have prior knowledge about all these extra visits? I met him in June and we got engaged in October, so it's short but I think it's reasonable. I keep reading that everything else can be photoshopped and altered but I know these trips cannot, I'm hoping they'll help. 

Once he has his interview...you can let them know of ongoing proof of the relationship.  Show them your passport stamp entries into the country and other proof. They don't automatically know of your visits to your fiance. 

8/7/2017                    NOA-1

3/1/2018                    NOA-2

3/15/2018                  NVC case received

3/22/2018                  NVC case assigned

3/23/2018                  Consulate ready

4/11/2018                  Medical

4/17/2018                  Visa Approved

4/24/2018                  Visa on hand

5/23/2018                  Point of Entry ATL

5/24/2018                  Marriage license, officiant and certificate / applied for SS#

5/31/2018                  AOS/AP/EAD

6/7/2018                    email notification of NOA-1

6/11/2018                  NOA-1 hard copies for AOS/EAD/AP

6/27/2018                  Biometrics for AOS/EAD

7/7/2018                    ready to be scheduled for interview

7/11/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (email from USCIS)

8/22/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (same email again)

9/5/2018                     We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is getting boring!!!)

10/3/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is insanity, 4th time while some got GC)

10/17/2018                After 136 days of wait in HELL, finally EAD in production

10/21/2018                Card was mailed to me, and yes it said so on a Sunday night, while Vj-ing

10/22/2018                Card was picked up by the USPS

10/24/2018                EAD in hand. F%^&& finally

12/28/2018                Interview has been scheduled. Waiting for notification with date by snail mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Make copies of receipts via paid through debit or credit card. You should save boarding tickets for future, or future receipts when you do go places or eat out.

They will ask at interview, this is why you show your proof.  Do collage of 5-6 pictures on one page. Make copies of passport  to show entry/ exit of country. (Since yo didn’t save boarding passes) I also did screen shoots of conversation/ call& video log on WhatsApp, one per month- printed  6 on one sheet paper. I had boarding passes of 2 trips and showed them itinerary of next trip as well with receipt paid.

I also use my credit cards for everything and the statements clearly show the American Airlines tickets going to Trinidad (actually says American Airlines to Miami toTrinidad on the statements) and the names and locations of some of the restaurants we ate at and the airbnb purchases with confirmation codes that match the confirmation numbers on the receips. Do you think they'll accept those?

I wasn't worried until I kept reading that they don't even look at the proof a lot of the times. I'm guessing that's either because they already planned to deny the visa or they've gotten so much stuff with the original packet that they don't need it, is this correct?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Did you include anything with dates on them that prove you were in the beneficiary’s country with your submission? EG your credit card statement, passport stamps. If so you should be fine (but keep your additional evidence, future boarding passes and itineraries etc).

K1 Visa Timeline [Approved]

Spoiler

07/23/2018    I-129F sent

07/25/2018    NOA1 email notification

07/30/2018    NOA1 hard copy

12/21/2018    NOA2 hard copy

01/10/2019    NVC Case # assigned

01/22/2019    Left NVC

01/29/2019    Embassy received

01/29/2019    Pkt 3 sent

02/01/2019    Pkt 4 received

02/13/2019    Medical

03/00/2019    Interview approved!

04/01/2019    Visa issued

04/02/2019    Visa received in mail

04/06/2019    POE

05/04/2019    Wedding

Adjustment Of Status Timeline [Approved]

Spoiler

05/31/2019    I-485, I-131 and I-765 sent

06/10/2019    NOA1 (electronic) & check cashed

06/11/2019    NOA1 hard copies

07/05/2019    Biometrics walk-in

09/30/2019    Interview scheduled (electronic notification)

10/23/2019    EAD/AP approved

11/00/2019    AOS Interview approved!

11/08/2019    Green card is being produced

11/16/2019    Green card in hand

Yes, I had two passport stamps, one from June 2018 and one one from October 2018 and the Expedia receipts from the purchases. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Shellimedz said:

Yes, I had two passport stamps, one from June 2018 and one one from October 2018 and the Expedia receipts from the purchases. 

I think you’re fine then :) passport stamps are solid proof that you were there. Just keep saving your evidence as you go in case you need to provide more in future.

Edited by Ethan & Shannon

K1 Visa Timeline [Approved]

Spoiler

07/23/2018    I-129F sent

07/25/2018    NOA1 email notification

07/30/2018    NOA1 hard copy

12/21/2018    NOA2 hard copy

01/10/2019    NVC Case # assigned

01/22/2019    Left NVC

01/29/2019    Embassy received

01/29/2019    Pkt 3 sent

02/01/2019    Pkt 4 received

02/13/2019    Medical

03/00/2019    Interview approved!

04/01/2019    Visa issued

04/02/2019    Visa received in mail

04/06/2019    POE

05/04/2019    Wedding

Adjustment Of Status Timeline [Approved]

Spoiler

05/31/2019    I-485, I-131 and I-765 sent

06/10/2019    NOA1 (electronic) & check cashed

06/11/2019    NOA1 hard copies

07/05/2019    Biometrics walk-in

09/30/2019    Interview scheduled (electronic notification)

10/23/2019    EAD/AP approved

11/00/2019    AOS Interview approved!

11/08/2019    Green card is being produced

11/16/2019    Green card in hand

6 hours ago, Shellimedz said:

I also use my credit cards for everything and the statements clearly show the American Airlines tickets going to Trinidad (actually says American Airlines to Miami toTrinidad on the statements) and the names and locations of some of the restaurants we ate at and the airbnb purchases with confirmation codes that match the confirmation numbers on the receips. Do you think they'll accept those?

I wasn't worried until I kept reading that they don't even look at the proof a lot of the times. I'm guessing that's either because they already planned to deny the visa or they've gotten so much stuff with the original packet that they don't need it, is this correct?

The us embassy in Trinidad will look at the proof of bonifide relationship, when I did my petition I didn't sent any proof of bonifide relationship and I was approved. It is not a difficult embassy.

7 minutes ago, Ann&James said:

The us embassy in Trinidad will look at the proof of bonifide relationship, when I did my petition I didn't sent any proof of bonifide relationship and I was approved. It is not a difficult embassy.

Thank you so much for responding! There's not a ton of information on this embassy compared to many others. I'm relieved to hear this. I'll still do my due diligence but this helps a lot. 

Just now, Shellimedz said:

Thank you so much for responding! There's not a ton of information on this embassy compared to many others. I'm relieved to hear this. I'll still do my due diligence but this helps a lot. 

I tried posting under embassy reviews for Port of Spain but it didn't go through guess other people are having the same problem. You'll have to read reviews under members profile, that is what I did or you can private message members. Most of them are very helpful. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.