msrodriguez

Emotional Support

21 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
11 minutes ago, msrodriguez said:

No red flags. I’ve even tried to catch him in lies. I met him in Feb of this year. The moment I saw him I looked at my friend and said “that’s my new boyfriend”. Haha. I pursued him honestly. He doesn’t even speak English. Luckily, I speak Spanish. I even watched him for a few days to see if he was super flirty with other women. Nada. So we did end up spending a few days together in February. I went back in May and we spent a week together. The third trip was in September. The next trip is planned for late February. But, we talk from the moment we wake up until the moment we go to sleep pretty much every single day. We also video chat constantly. I’m sure these are the things everyone else does to keep connected. 

Lol I met my husband in February of this year too! Your fiancé may be from a high fraud country but at least you didn't marry on the first visit like we did. Apparently that's considered a major red flag. We're trying to combat this by having lot of visits before his interview. Hoping it helps us. 

Also my husband didn't speak any English when we met but he picked it up so quickly. I feel like a proud mother when I hear him speak English now lol

Edited by Apple Bee

Marriage :

2018-04-19

I-130 Sent :

2018-05-18

I-130 NOA1 :

2018-05-22

I-130 Approved :

2018-11-28

NVC Received :

2019-01-03

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill :

2019-02-20

Pay AOS Bill :

2019-02-20

Send AOS Package :

2019-03-05

Receive IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Pay IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Send IV Package :

2019-03-05

Case Completed:                      

Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter :

Interview :

2019-03-15

2019-04-11

2019-05-21

APPROVED

54 minutes ago, Apple Bee said:

Lol I met my husband in February of this year too! Your fiancé may be from a high fraud country but at least you didn't marry on the first visit like we did. Apparently that's considered a major red flag. We're trying to combat this by having lot of visits before his interview. Hoping it helps us. 

Also my husband didn't speak any English when we met but he picked it up so quickly. I feel like a proud mother when I hear him speak English now lol

Yes I have a friend who got married the first time he met his wife in Africa. They have been waiting for over a year! 

Packet Sent 10/18

Delivered to Lockbox 10/21

Fee Paid 10/25

NOA1 10/25 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
5 minutes ago, msrodriguez said:

Yes I have a friend who got married the first time he met his wife in Africa. They have been waiting for over a year! 

Over a year since her interview? Or over year just to hear back on the initial petition??

Marriage :

2018-04-19

I-130 Sent :

2018-05-18

I-130 NOA1 :

2018-05-22

I-130 Approved :

2018-11-28

NVC Received :

2019-01-03

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill :

2019-02-20

Pay AOS Bill :

2019-02-20

Send AOS Package :

2019-03-05

Receive IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Pay IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Send IV Package :

2019-03-05

Case Completed:                      

Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter :

Interview :

2019-03-15

2019-04-11

2019-05-21

APPROVED

10 hours ago, Apple Bee said:

Over a year since her interview? Or over year just to hear back on the initial petition??

For her interview.

We were going to go the CR1 route. He was willing to wait longer but I wasn’t lol. 

Packet Sent 10/18

Delivered to Lockbox 10/21

Fee Paid 10/25

NOA1 10/25 

naysayers for the most part have your best interest in mind, they do not want you to be hurt. All of us receive negative reinforcement from family or friends but it's for the right reasons, they care for you and do not realize the love you and your partner have for each other. 

All of us have heard negative anecdotes about conniving foreigners it happens but not as often as what you are experiencing

over time they will realize or they won't, not your concern, you can only account for your own happiness 

• 8 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
On 12/3/2018 at 12:31 AM, msrodriguez said:

Hello everyone. I'm wondering how the Americans deal with all of the negativity from friends and/or family members. I have a few friends who are convinced that I am being used. They have never met my fiance, but are convinced that because he is from the DR and we met while I was on vacation that he must be using me to get to the US. I'm feeling pretty low right now. How do you guys handle criticism? 

Hope it has gotten better for you. 

I've had to completely delete people from my life that were "friends". One thing that happens is showing you who your real friend are, the ppl that love you and the ppl that respect you. It's totally normal to ask questions about having a foreign spouse and to make sure you are ok, but many people I've found aren't that. What is really hard is when family does it. It's not as easy to delete them from your life. It then comes down to time and educating them. But honestly, if they haven't walked in your shoes its very hard to understand, especially if the cultures are very different. 

Has anyone faced the misconceptions that the 90 day fiancé shows are giving? To me they find the most drama couples for the show and people believe that is the norm.