VALU

What's the NVC online CEAC Case Review time frame?

15 posts in this topic

I just finished submitting all my documents ONLINE at the CEAC site this morning Dec. 2, 2018. How long will it take them to review and close my case?

Edited by VALU

1 hour ago, VALU said:

I just finished submitting all my documents ONLINE at the CEAC site this morning Dec. 2, 2018. How long will it take them to review and close my case?

Online? Which documents? Are you in the NVC stage? 

21 minutes ago, VALU said:

Yes I am at the NVC stage.

To my knowledge I mailed everything when I was at the NVC stage. I never uploaded anything online. I do not think Dominican Republic is one of the countries that downloads their documents online. I suggest you call NVC tomorrow and double check if you havent already. 

18 minutes ago, Beltre0519 said:

To my knowledge I mailed everything when I was at the NVC stage. I never uploaded anything online. I do not think Dominican Republic is one of the countries that downloads their documents online. I suggest you call NVC tomorrow and double check if you havent already. 

My Dominican Republic case is an CEAC (online) case. They specifically emailed me my NVC notice and instructed me to log into the online portal and upload all documents there. They made it clear that I should not mail anything in and everything should be done online. I'm not sure how they decide who should mail in stuff vs who should strictly do everything electronically.

Just now, VALU said:

My Dominican Republic case is an CEAC (online) case. They specifically emailed me my NVC notice and instructed me to log into the online portal and upload all documents there. They made it clear that I should not mail anything in and everything should be done online. I'm not sure how they decide who should mail in stuff vs who should strictly do everything electronically.

oh then you good to go if you were instructed to do so. Everyone case is different. Good Luck! 

Filed: R-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 12/2/2018 at 12:21 PM, VALU said:

Hey, is there a limit to how many documents u can upload on ceac site??

1 hour ago, AfricanQ said:

Hey, is there a limit to how many documents u can upload on ceac site??

There's a size limit. I think you can submit as many documents under additional as long as they don't exceed the size allowed per document. I had to shrink a couple of my large documents to a smaller size in order to upload them. It was quite a pain and I hope they accept the lesser quality as a result.

Filed: R-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
12 hours ago, VALU said:

There's a size limit. I think you can submit as many documents under additional as long as they don't exceed the size allowed per document. I had to shrink a couple of my large documents to a smaller size in order to upload them. It was quite a pain and I hope they accept the lesser quality as a result.

Ok, thank u so much this was very helpful. Because I was worried abt not being able to submit additional evidence. When u say size allowed,  r u talking abt a normal size paper? My husband will be going thru Ghana for his interview 

Edited by AfricanQ

Ok, thank u so much this was very helpful. Because I was worried abt not being able to submit additional evidence. When u say size allowed,  r u talking abt a normal size paper? My husband will be going thru Ghana for his interview 

You're welcome. By size, I mean file size. They have instructions on the CEAC site on uploading stuff etc.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.