2,915 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

@Milestone2017

Again Congratulations! 🍾 Could you please let us know for those that we are still waiting I485 to get adjudicated...

How long from I360 approval to get a notice either of transfer to Visa Center Local Office? Thanks in advanced.

let us know how does it go on the interview, we will be sending positive waves and prayers to you!

19 hours ago, Milestone2017 said:

This journey has transformed me and appreciated all the sacrifices that we have gone through. Through all the challenges, I have always been reminded that it's not only about surviving the violence. It's also about the strength of character. There's always a rainbow at the end of the tunnel. Always listen to your guts. If something is not right, walk away. Sometimes the red flags are obvious but we try to ignore. To God Be the Glory! Bless us all!

I am so much grateful I chanced upon this forum. My vow is to help in anyway I can. And if my journey can help to share, just let me know. My timeline below. Detailed journey coming soon. Thanks.

June2016 Got married
Sept 2016 Filed 130 485 131 765
Dec2016 1st combo card received
Jan2017 notice to AOS interview on Feb2017. Ex spouse tore the letter. DV gotten worse.
Jan2017 fled marital home with my child, straight to DV shelter.
Feb2017 AOS interview, showed up alone. Requested the IO to hold 485. Given 84days to file.
Mar2017 filed 360
April 2017 1st Prima Facie
Sep2017 2nd combo card renewal c9 to VSC
Oct 2017 2nd Prima Facie 180days
Oct2017 received 2nd combo card
April 2018 3rd PF 60days
May 2018 Traveled outside US with AP (6weeks)
June 2018 4th PF 180days
July2018 asked Congressman for help to inquire status of 360 (taking 16mos already)
July2018 3rd combo card renewal c9 to VSC
Aug2018 received 3rd combo card
Aug2018 360 Approved! NO RFE . Praise God!
Jan2019 traveled with AP (2weeks)
Feb 7 notice of AOS Interview on Feb 26, 2019 (6mos from 360 approval)

On this very special day, I am praying for the great weather, for the officer who will handle the interview, for the traffic, for my energy and stamina. Shed buckets of tears. Heart broken, penniless, jobless, homeless, a child to take care of, traumatized by DV, and going thru divorce filed by ex thinking I could be deported if I became unmarried. Plus the continuous bullying by calling our friends to stop communicating with me. But I have rose above my circumstances victoriously. I have prepared myself so much for this day to come. Mind , body, soul. Thanks for your support and prayers.

Congratulations, the nightmare is almost over one more step left!!!!  Are you going  to interview with your attorney?

41 minutes ago, Korolek said:

Congratulations, the nightmare is almost over one more step left!!!!  Are you going  to interview with your attorney?

Thank you! Yes, agree its been over. I will be going alone. No lawyer since I started 360 filing. All info and resources came from different organizations such as DV shelters, probono lawyers, online links and of course, from this forum. It is worth the months of research and all the required preparations. It pays to read and read. I was actually approved to have probono lawyer. But I believed at the time that I would be more solid to prepare all the paperworks myself-  the outline, the table of contents, the way I wanted everything presented with feelings and so much passion, like the reader was with you in those moments.

Dont get me wrong, I trust lawyers but they are also busy handling other cases. And to me, I dont want anything half baked because this is a piece of my life that I could not afford to compromise. I am only speaking on my own experience- the way my lawyer wanted to edit or revise my affidavit did not match how  wanted it. The only person who can take care of my case is me. And Thank God, everything was right on time especially the combo cards (I had 2 renewals from VSC)

1 hour ago, FridayGirl@69 said:

@Milestone2017

Again Congratulations! 🍾 Could you please let us know for those that we are still waiting I485 to get adjudicated...

How long from I360 approval to get a notice either of transfer to Visa Center Local Office? Thanks in advanced.

let us know how does it go on the interview, we will be sending positive waves and prayers to you!

Thank you and I will be praying for everyone. 2019 is my year. So is yours! I am only reading other memebers experience here. It gives positive nervousness and excitement. 

March27, 2017 filed 360

July 20 2018 Contacted Congressman for help. They said it was with the adjudicating officer already. 

Aug29, 2018 360 approved after 16mos waiting

Feb5, 2019 Notice of interview on date below

Feb26, 2019 485/AOS interview from local office. (6mos after 360 approval)

3 hours ago, xoxox said:

Thank you so much for your respond .

Did you received G 56 form or i 797 form for your interview  ?

The heading only says Appointment Notice, on a plain bond paper.  Not the usual I-797 NOA that I usually receive

Timeline
1 hour ago, Milestone2017 said:

Thank you and I will be praying for everyone. 2019 is my year. So is yours! I am only reading other memebers experience here. It gives positive nervousness and excitement. 

March27, 2017 filed 360

July 20 2018 Contacted Congressman for help. They said it was with the adjudicating officer already. 

Aug29, 2018 360 approved after 16mos waiting

Feb5, 2019 Notice of interview on date below

Feb26, 2019 485/AOS interview from local office. (6mos after 360 approval)

So if I understand correctly all went silence for 6 months until you got the notice appointment, correct?!

1 minute ago, FridayGirl@69 said:

So if I understand correctly all went silence for 6 months until you got the notice appointment, correct?!

Aw! I remember receiving a courtesy reminder letter for medical exam saying that my last 693 submitted in 2016 together with 485 already expired. That I will will needing this for AOS interview or as RFE in case interview is waived. 

Aug 29, 2018 360 approval

Oct 5, 2018 Medical exam Notice (I-693)

Feb 5, 2019 AOS Interview Notice for Feb 26

My VJ member, I'm happy at least my file was visited, its a big deal for me after 15 mths and 21 days.  So I got sms today that my case is now updated.  I went straight to check my status online and it shows "REQUEST FOR ADDITIONAL EVIDENCE". I don't know what it is until my attorney gets it. Finger crossed.

Timeline
34 minutes ago, Victorycoming said:

My VJ member, I'm happy at least my file was visited, its a big deal for me after 15 mths and 21 days.  So I got sms today that my case is now updated.  I went straight to check my status online and it shows "REQUEST FOR ADDITIONAL EVIDENCE". I don't know what it is until my attorney gets it. Finger crossed.

No worries, it must be a missing document. I got my RFE (divorce decree) on 9/7/18, I responded 9/27/18 and it got approved on 10/29/18 (USCIS responded after 34 days) cheer up! Getting closer now!!! I am May 25 2017 filler.

2 minutes ago, FridayGirl@69 said:

No worries, it must be a missing document. I got my RFE (divorce decree) on 9/7/18, I responded 9/27/18 and it got approved on 10/29/18 (USCIS responded after 34 days) cheer up! Getting closer now!!! I am May 25 2017 filler.

Thanks @FridayGirl@69 for your kind words and encouragement, fingers crossed. I'm getting police clearance from my country ready just in case. I remb it wasn't included with the initial documents I submitted..... I'm not divorced yet, filing soon.

Filed: Other Timeline

I received my NOA's today for my EAD/AP renewal same as the 180 day extension. It was received at Vermont on Feb 08,2019. My current EAD/AP expires in August 2019 but I just decided to send an early renewal just to prevent future delays.

Filed: Other Country: Gambia
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Willow81 said:

Hi everyone,

I attended my interview today everything went well. I did not take my lawyer to me.

The interview lasted about 10 minutes I was sworn in and finger printed then asked to confirm my name. My medical and passport was checked and I was asked some yes or no questions from the i485 form. She never mentioned the abuse, marriage etc. she did ask if I was divorced and took a copy of the divorce decree.

After the above she told me I was approved and my GC will be sent to my Lawyer’s office. Within 5 minutes I received an update that my card was being produced.

I am so elated that the process is over. I wish you all the very best...and thank you to everyone for your support.

congratulations dear!God is great!please can you share your timeline please?thanks

18 minutes ago, Willow81 said:

Hi everyone,

I attended my interview today everything went well. I did not take my lawyer to me.

The interview lasted about 10 minutes I was sworn in and finger printed then asked to confirm my name. My medical and passport was checked and I was asked some yes or no questions from the i485 form. She never mentioned the abuse, marriage etc. she did ask if I was divorced and took a copy of the divorce decree.

After the above she told me I was approved and my GC will be sent to my Lawyer’s office. Within 5 minutes I received an update that my card was being produced.

I am so elated that the process is over. I wish you all the very best...and thank you to everyone for your support.

Congratulations on your journey ❤️

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.