dwheels76

NVC Filers - December 2018

410 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Jacque e Andrew said:

Like did you receive the email right now? Haha 

Yes, my husband got the email in the UK.  I haven't gotten mine yet.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 minute ago, Jere & Kath said:

In uscis site says they sent our case to nvc nov 15 then my hsbnd called in nvc then agent told him they received it nov 20 and stil no case nmber until now. How long wil it take for them to assign a case nmber for us? 

It's taking approx 6 week from the day they receive your case 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
39 minutes ago, Cam & Thomas said:

Yes, my husband got the email in the UK.  I haven't gotten mine yet.

Mine was approved on Oct 15 2018. Sent to NVC on Oct 17 2018. NVC Recieved on Oct 25 2018. NVC gave me Case and invoice number on Dec 3 2018. Just an idea how they are processing cases right now. You may be lucky to have your case processed faster. :)

March 6, 2018: i-130 petition filed.

March 14, 2018: i-130 Petition received. (8 days)

October 15, 2018: i-130 Petition approved. (7 months, 1 day)

October 17, 2018: Case sent to NVC. (2 days)

October 25, 2018: Case received at NVC. (8 days)

December 4, 2018: NVC case# Generated. (1 month, 9 days)

December 5, 2018: Fee paid online. (1 day)

December 7, 2018: DS-261 submitted online and Other documents e-mailed. (2 days)

December 20, 2018: Case closed. (13 days)

January 8, 2019: Interview Scheduled. (19 days)

February 26, 2019: Interview. (49 days) ....Pending....

5 minutes ago, Shan2019 said:

Mine was approved on Oct 15 2018. Sent to NVC on Oct 17 2018. NVC Recieved on Oct 25 2018. NVC gave me Case and invoice number on Dec 3 2018. Just an idea how they are processing cases right now. You may be lucky to have your case processed faster. :)

Ours was received on Oct. 27th. at the NVC.  I was going to call today but decided to give it another week.  My husband contacted me as soon as he received the e-mail in the UK this evening.  I don't know if we are lucky.  But, I  know we are happy that there is a light at the end of this tunnel. I have my fingers crossed for everyone who is waiting for the magic numbers that will make their lives moved forward.  My little boy thinks his daddy lives in a cell phone on skype.

Filed: Timeline

Hello Fellow Immigrants :)

I am also waiting for my case number from NVC, they have received my case on Nov2 and my consulate would be Mumbai likely because rules changed and even for the people of North India have to goto Mumbai :-| 

I am self petitioning for my wife and I have a confusion it would be awesome if someone would shed some light on it that would save time in future. 

I have downloaded AOS (i-864) from USCIS filled all the required information printed and signed it which is required as per instruction. Now question is:

when we upload i-864 to CEAC do I have to scan/click evey individual pages of i-864 most importantly signed page and make a PDF in photoshop then Upload to CEAC right?

OR 

We can just upload the completed i-864 page without worry about the signature and bring the original to the interview?

Thank you everyone for your time :)

47 minutes ago, sarav said:

Hello Fellow Immigrants :)

I am also waiting for my case number from NVC, they have received my case on Nov2 and my consulate would be Mumbai likely because rules changed and even for the people of North India have to goto Mumbai 😐

I am self petitioning for my wife and I have a confusion it would be awesome if someone would shed some light on it that would save time in future. 

I have downloaded AOS (i-864) from USCIS filled all the required information printed and signed it which is required as per instruction. Now question is:

when we upload i-864 to CEAC do I have to scan/click evey individual pages of i-864 most importantly signed page and make a PDF in photoshop then Upload to CEAC right?

OR 

We can just upload the completed i-864 page without worry about the signature and bring the original to the interview?

Thank you everyone for your time :)

You can just sign it electronically and upload that whole one I-864 PDF file to CEAC .It should be one file ,you can't upload separate pages

Edited by Mr & Mrs

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
17 hours ago, Cam & Thomas said:

My little boy thinks his daddy lives in a cell phone on skype.

Lol :D

its just about time. There was that time when even USCIS didn’t approved our case yet. Finally good news came. Now I Look and my wife look back all this time. We talk how we spent so many months living away. But finally things are moving and bit faster now. 

Here’s my timeline so far: 

USCIS Recieved/ Approved: March 16 2018/ Oct 15 2018

USCIS Send/ NVC Recieved: Oct 17 2018/ Oct 25 2018

NVC Case Number Generated: Dec 3 2018

AOS/ IV fee paid: Dec 4 2018

Now waiting lol 

March 6, 2018: i-130 petition filed.

March 14, 2018: i-130 Petition received. (8 days)

October 15, 2018: i-130 Petition approved. (7 months, 1 day)

October 17, 2018: Case sent to NVC. (2 days)

October 25, 2018: Case received at NVC. (8 days)

December 4, 2018: NVC case# Generated. (1 month, 9 days)

December 5, 2018: Fee paid online. (1 day)

December 7, 2018: DS-261 submitted online and Other documents e-mailed. (2 days)

December 20, 2018: Case closed. (13 days)

January 8, 2019: Interview Scheduled. (19 days)

February 26, 2019: Interview. (49 days) ....Pending....

13 minutes ago, Mr & Mrs said:

You can just sign it electronically and upload that whole one I-864 PDF file to CEAC .It should be one file ,you can't upload separate pages

Thank you for your reply.

My confusion was created by this line in https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-864instr.pdf

"Signature. Each affidavit must be properly signed and filed. For all signatures on this affidavit, USCIS will not accept a stamped or typewritten name in place of a signature" 

is it sufficient to sign it electronically and upload directly completed I-864 to CEAC and then take the signed one to the interview? 

16 minutes ago, Mr & Mrs said:

Also, I understand I cant upload separate pages. I was thinking more like scan/click individual pages then combine them into one pdf in photoshop.

5 minutes ago, sarav said:

Thank you for your reply.

My confusion was created by this line in https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-864instr.pdf

"Signature. Each affidavit must be properly signed and filed. For all signatures on this affidavit, USCIS will not accept a stamped or typewritten name in place of a signature" 

is it sufficient to sign it electronically and upload directly completed I-864 to CEAC and then take the signed one to the interview? 

Yes , it will be fine or you can just print it out the I-864 and then sign it but then you have to scan all the pages into one pdf file, i just uploaded my signs and paste it on i-864ez . Its hard to tell if they are done manually or copy paste...haha

Just make sure you have same sign everywhere ,like same as in original application .It will be better if either take print out or sign or sign on white paper then upload and paste it on signature section ,this is how i done it.

Edited by Mr & Mrs

Just now, Mr & Mrs said:

Yes , it will be fine or you can just print it out the I-864 and then sign it but then you have to scan all the pages into one pdf file, i just uploaded my signs and paste it on i-864ez . Its hard to tell if they are done manually or copy paste...haha

I see. If that is accepted it seems like a good idea. Also there is pdf efill feature which you can sign with a mouse 🙂

and if I scan/click every individual pages then combine them into one pdf that should also be accepted ? this is the route i am planning to go because I have already printed everything hopefully this should not be an issue, if anyone can confirm it would be a peace of mind. Ty

Signing it electronically = typewritten and instruction says not to do that. 

6 minutes ago, sarav said:

I see. If that is accepted it seems like a good idea. Also there is pdf efill feature which you can sign with a mouse 🙂

and if I scan/click every individual pages then combine them into one pdf that should also be accepted ? this is the route i am planning to go because I have already printed everything hopefully this should not be an issue, if anyone can confirm it would be a peace of mind. Ty

Signing it electronically = typewritten and instruction says not to do that. 

yes in adobe reader you get that feature ,you can either sign it through mouse kind of draw your sign or you can upload your signs .I just simply sign on white paper and upload it just to make sure it exactly matches with with my original sign ,with drawing you can't get same sign and easily to find out plus they can find its typewritten.

But yes if you have print out that's best ,just scan them in right order into one single pdf file and upload it.

Edited by Mr & Mrs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.