Lieza16

My dad will pick up us even if we are still on administrative processing (Ir2)(merged)

52 posts in this topic

48 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

Strange response to drug use by the way, what is this 1 year “remission” thing? Why not a waiver? Nothing in the inadmissibility documentation has a one year ban or remission or anything like that for drug use afaik??? It’s also confusing because poster says both that the embassy denied the visa and that St Luke’s “automatically denied” the visa, not sure what actually happened. 

This is typical for drug use. They will be denied the visa until they can complete a clean medical. Usually with drugs this means a 1 year period, during which they may or may not want drug tests to confirm they are still clean.

As noted above, SLEC cannot refuse a visa. They can only refuse to send a medical report OR send one with a finding that indicates a danger to oneself or others (due to drug use).

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

If your mother did in face use drugs then she did absolutely the right thing in admitting to it. Never, ever lie when it comes to immigration. Typically when an applicant admits to prior drug use the visa is deferred for a year and the applicant has to complete another medical andnay also be required to undertake random drug tests. This will not affect your visa as you are each handled as an individual case. You can still travel to the USA to live with your father. Your visa has an expiration date on it. You must enter the USA with the visa before this date or it becomes void. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

23 hours ago, Illiria said:

Is your dad a green card holder or a us citizen? This will determine if your father could file for you as a derivative of your mothers petition. 

Did he file separate petitions for you and your brother or are you a derivative of your moms petition (I.e. did he file separate 130s for each of you or just one 130 for your mom)? If the latter then you cannot get the visa until she does. 

He is a citizen. He file us w different case. My mom is ir1 and i and my bro are ir2 and we go to the interview together. 

23 hours ago, Illiria said:

Is your dad a green card holder or a us citizen? This will determine if your father could file for you as a derivative of your mothers petition. 

Did he file separate petitions for you and your brother or are you a derivative of your moms petition (I.e. did he file separate 130s for each of you or just one 130 for your mom)? If the latter then you cannot get the visa until she does. 

He file separate petition we have different case. We’re not covered from my mom. So we’re confuse why the embassy did not issue this visa of my brother and mine. I think my dad just send a request to u.s embassy so he will just pick up us here in the philippines because we are minors i am 17 and my brother is 11 yrs old

21 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

Strange response to drug use by the way, what is this 1 year “remission” thing? Why not a waiver? Nothing in the inadmissibility documentation has a one year ban or remission or anything like that for drug use afaik??? It’s also confusing because poster says both that the embassy denied the visa and that St Luke’s “automatically denied” the visa, not sure what actually happened. 

This is the mail we got from the us embassy. What does it mean? But before we receive that. The us embassy sent as a priority mail that states my mom has inegibilities and under that it states that “updated medical report in or after january 2019” we’re confused where we will follow. The first mail we got that it states that he can get updated medical report in january 2019 or the mail we received earlier which is after a year she can reapply and send the medical report.😭

253D38A4-2BC4-40B9-B4F8-158E1B0D8A7C.png

On 10/27/2018 at 7:27 PM, Lieza16 said:

Hi guys can i ask? My dad file us diffrent cases my mom is IR1 and i and my brother are iR2. This is the problem, my mom got a refusal letter from the us embassy tells us that they will not resume the processing the case of my brother until we give the request from us embassy which is the us embassy give my mom a 1 year of remission. They will not issue the visa of mine and my brother. What will we do? Our medical report will expire this february

11 hours ago, JFH said:

If your mother did in face use drugs then she did absolutely the right thing in admitting to it. Never, ever lie when it comes to immigration. Typically when an applicant admits to prior drug use the visa is deferred for a year and the applicant has to complete another medical andnay also be required to undertake random drug tests. This will not affect your visa as you are each handled as an individual case. You can still travel to the USA to live with your father. Your visa has an expiration date on it. You must enter the USA with the visa before this date or it becomes void. 

They will issue our visa after they get the medical report of my mom. We receive 2 mails about the case of my mom. The first mail they sent it is a letter, a priority mail that states the inegibilities of my mom it also states there “updated medical report in or after january 2019” then the next mail we received which we got it from email states ”existing regulation require a 1 year of remission period before the applicant can re-apply for a visa”. We are confused where we will follow.😞 i hope my mom can send the medical report earlier so that she can follow right away if there is a possibility that we can travel first w my bro to the u.s.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Seems they have you all down with the same issues.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

1 hour ago, Lieza16 said:

He is a citizen. He file us w different case. My mom is ir1 and i and my bro are ir2 and we go to the interview together. 

Ah, this thread is in the wrong place then, I’ve asked it to be moved for you.

Then as @Boiler has said it looks like they have tarred you with the same brush as it were (assumes that you also were admitting to drug use).

Maybe contact the embassy and ask that your application be looked at separately as you have a separate petition and that you didn’t admit to use in your medical.

Edited by Illiria

K-1 Met:2002 Dating :2003 I-129F Sent : 2013-06-01 I-129F NOA2 : 2013-08-20 Medical: 2013-12-20 Interview Date : 2014-01-22 POE: 2014-02-19 Wedding: 2014-03-18

AOS/EAD Date Filed : 2014-04-04 BioAppt: 2014-05-13 EAD in Production: 2014-07-08 Interview date: 2014-07-14 Green Card received: 2014-07-19

ROC Date Filed: 2016-04-26 Cheque Cashed: 2016-05-10 NOA1: 2016-04-28 Biometrics: 2016-06-30 Approved: 11-08-2016 Green Card Received: 11-18-2016

Citizenship Date Filed: 2017-04-18 Cheque Cashed: 2017-04-24- NOA1:2017-04-21  Biometrics: 2017-05-19 Inline: 2017-07-12 Interview Date: 2018-02-13 Oath: 2018-03-15

• 2 weeks later...

OP have you contacted the embassy to ask about your case (not your moms) pointing out that you were not a drug user and asking to be adjudicated separately? 

K-1 Met:2002 Dating :2003 I-129F Sent : 2013-06-01 I-129F NOA2 : 2013-08-20 Medical: 2013-12-20 Interview Date : 2014-01-22 POE: 2014-02-19 Wedding: 2014-03-18

AOS/EAD Date Filed : 2014-04-04 BioAppt: 2014-05-13 EAD in Production: 2014-07-08 Interview date: 2014-07-14 Green Card received: 2014-07-19

ROC Date Filed: 2016-04-26 Cheque Cashed: 2016-05-10 NOA1: 2016-04-28 Biometrics: 2016-06-30 Approved: 11-08-2016 Green Card Received: 11-18-2016

Citizenship Date Filed: 2017-04-18 Cheque Cashed: 2017-04-24- NOA1:2017-04-21  Biometrics: 2017-05-19 Inline: 2017-07-12 Interview Date: 2018-02-13 Oath: 2018-03-15

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys. Actually i am not who’s applying the cr1 visa. It's my mom’s and my application was 1r2. My mom received a letter from embassy that she has ineligibilities to have a visa that is ina act 212A1A4 that state she has been used drugs and in the letter it also state that she can have her updated medical report this january 2019 or after. I saw some post that if u admit past drug used it wolud have a 1 year ban. We don’t where to follow. After we receive the letter we called the embassy what are the requirement to have an updated medical report. Their reply is she will have a 1 year remission. We dont know where to follow. The first letter we got ? Or the second mail that embassy sent us? Plss help us. Bdw, our interview date was september 7 and our medical exam was in august 28. Pls help us😭 my dady also petitioned me and my brother which is Ir2 and our medical will expires this february and i think the case of my mom will affect our case. Even if we files us separately.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Lieza16 said:

my dady also petitioned me and my brother which is Ir2 and our medical will expires this february and i think the case of my mom will affect our case. Even if we files us separately.

It shouldn't affect your and your brother's case. If you have to, you can enter the US with IR-2 before your mother.

Your Input Is Appreciated On This VJ Guide Proposal: 

Just now, TM92 said:

It shouldn't affect your and your brother's case. If you have to, you can enter the US with IR-2 before your mother.

We called the us embassy they said that they will just continue process my visa after we will send the new medical examination of my mom. We’re still confused. Why the embassy did not release our visa. Coz we have applied independently.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Lieza16 said:

Plsss help us what to do?

Hmm. One option is for your father to contact his Senator's office and have them inquire why aren't they processing the cases separately. Where does your father live?

Your Input Is Appreciated On This VJ Guide Proposal: 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.