Timeline
5 minutes ago, NDP22 said:

Thank you.

Not a lot but some information for you

https://se.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/the-interview/

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

NVC received our packet today.  Reviewing similar timelines tells me we have about 10 or 11 days to get a case number.  

This is really happening, after all this time.  Beyond excited.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline
9 hours ago, EllisAndRenz said:

NVC received our packet today.  Reviewing similar timelines tells me we have about 10 or 11 days to get a case number.  

This is really happening, after all this time.  Beyond excited.  

Awesome! It's definitely exciting! This waiting process is definitely a test of patience though! Lol!  It's been right at 3 weeks since they received our package at the NVC so I am hoping to hear something soon! Good luck with your process! It's nice to see someone else in the same time frame as me too going through the same process. Helpful to see I am not the only one doing this! 😅

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, NDP22 said:

Awesome! It's definitely exciting! This waiting process is definitely a test of patience though! Lol!  It's been right at 3 weeks since they received our package at the NVC so I am hoping to hear something soon! Good luck with your process! It's nice to see someone else in the same time frame as me too going through the same process. Helpful to see I am not the only one doing this! 😅

Your case number has probably been assigned; my NOA2 was three days earlier than yours and we were assigned one on December 10.  I wouldn't necessarily rely on them telling you anything though; I had updated my email address, etc. with askNVC and the only thing I ever got was an email back 10 days after our NOA2 saying they hadn't received yet (and then three days later we called and were able to confirm receipt).  

Anyways, long story short - if you call, you're reasonably likely to have a case number, and then can hang out with the rest of us hoping to be in the next shipment out.

Timeline
9 minutes ago, d24v said:

Your case number has probably been assigned; my NOA2 was three days earlier than yours and we were assigned one on December 10.  I wouldn't necessarily rely on them telling you anything though; I had updated my email address, etc. with askNVC and the only thing I ever got was an email back 10 days after our NOA2 saying they hadn't received yet (and then three days later we called and were able to confirm receipt).  

Anyways, long story short - if you call, you're reasonably likely to have a case number, and then can hang out with the rest of us hoping to be in the next shipment out.

Okay, gotcha. I was planning on calling them this evening actually so hopefully I'll get something and we can continue to move forward in this process! I appreciate you sharing that with me though! Very helpful! Good luck on your process from here on out!

Timeline
5 hours ago, NDP22 said:

The test of patience was absolutely the time between NOA1 and NOA2.  Distance relationships are very hard, and add in the uncertainty of an immigration process and it will test the best of couples.  There were a few times that I wasn't sure we were going to make it.  But we did.  Now we are at the tail end.  For the first time in a few months, I hear happiness and optimism in her voice.  I am just praying that the rest of this goes off without a hitch.

But yes, we are all in this together.  Just waiting on our case number.  In the meantime I am gathering and copying a bunch of documents to send to her so she has them for her interview.

2 hours ago, d24v said:

How do you know when your packet actually ships? 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, EllisAndRenz said:

The test of patience was absolutely the time between NOA1 and NOA2.  Distance relationships are very hard, and add in the uncertainty of an immigration process and it will test the best of couples.  There were a few times that I wasn't sure we were going to make it.  But we did.  Now we are at the tail end.  For the first time in a few months, I hear happiness and optimism in her voice.  I am just praying that the rest of this goes off without a hitch.

But yes, we are all in this together.  Just waiting on our case number.  In the meantime I am gathering and copying a bunch of documents to send to her so she has them for her interview.

How do you know when your packet actually ships? 

You can track on ceac.state.gov 

YMMV

Timeline
On 12/18/2018 at 10:00 AM, d24v said:

Was you able to track your application right away or did it take some time for it to process. I've looked on the CEAC website but it says that the application number is invalid.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, NDP22 said:

Was you able to track your application right away or did it take some time for it to process. I've looked on the CEAC website but it says that the application number is invalid.

Are you tracking as an immigrant case?  If not you need to 

YMMV

Timeline
5 hours ago, NDP22 said:

Received my confirmation number yesterday! One more step down!

How did you receive it?  By e-mail?  Or did you have to call?

Timeline
6 minutes ago, EllisAndRenz said:

How did you receive it?  By e-mail?  Or did you have to call?

I actually sent an email to them around the 11th of this month and received an email from them giving my confirmation number. I would say they would've gave me the same info if I would've called.

Timeline

Seems other folks that were received by the NVC on the same day as I got their case #'s assigned yesterday.  I'll try and call later and see if they've given me one.  Seems things are moving fast.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.