NDP22

What Follows After NOA2?

30 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

Hi,

We just recently got our NOA2 on November 16th. I was just curious on what followed after this and what I need to get prepared and so on. We are filing for the I-129f and I just want to make sure that I have everything needed to make this process as quick and efficient as possible. I appreciate any help in advance!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

you dont need to do anything. theyll finish their final check of everything and issue a case number and send it to the consulate.

call NVC in about a month and see if they have a case number. once you have that you can file the ds160 online. it can take up to 8 weeks for a case # to be assigned. there are cases of it happening much sooner, but calling every day (or multiple times a day as some people ive seen do🙄) will only stress yourself out and take up WAY too much of your time lolol

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Should only take 2 to 4 weeks at NVC, sometimes it may take a little longer though. After 2 weeks you can go ahead and start to call for an update. If your fiance hasn't had all their vaccinations done yet, now would be a good time to get them done. Also, start getting all the documents ready for the embassy phase.

Removing Conditions 

I-751 Sent:    04-Nov-2020

i-751 Received: 10-Nov-2020

Fee charged: 14-Dec-2020

NoA1: 14-Dec-2020

NoA1 Received: 17-Dec-2020

24 mo. Extension: 15-Nov-2021

Timeline

2 hours ago, Calidas said:

Should only take 2 to 4 weeks at NVC, sometimes it may take a little longer though. After 2 weeks you can go ahead and start to call for an update. If your fiance hasn't had all their vaccinations done yet, now would be a good time to get them done. Also, start getting all the documents ready for the embassy phase.

2 hours ago, debbiedoo said:

you dont need to do anything. theyll finish their final check of everything and issue a case number and send it to the consulate.

call NVC in about a month and see if they have a case number. once you have that you can file the ds160 online. it can take up to 8 weeks for a case # to be assigned. there are cases of it happening much sooner, but calling every day (or multiple times a day as some people ive seen do🙄) will only stress yourself out and take up WAY too much of your time lolol

So just to clarify, I know it is currently at the NVC. It'll take anywhere from 2-4 weeks to be processed there. Following that, it'll be sent to the embassy of her country, correct? They will in turn, contact her with an interview date. I know she has to go to a doctor to have a "check-up" type of appointment. Is that something we have to set up ourselves or is that something that the embassy will give her? Also, when will I need to fill out the DS-160? I am just trying to get a tentative timeline/guideline on what is left in the process and what is needed. Thanks everyone so far for the responses!

Timeline
Just now, NDP22 said:

So just to clarify, I know it is currently at the NVC. It'll take anywhere from 2-4 weeks to be processed there. Following that, it'll be sent to the embassy of her country, correct? They will in turn, contact her with an interview date. I know she has to go to a doctor to have a "check-up" type of appointment. Is that something we have to set up ourselves or is that something that the embassy will give her? Also, when will I need to fill out the DS-160? I am just trying to get a tentative timeline/guideline on what is left in the process and what is needed. Thanks everyone so far for the responses!

up to 8 weeks, at least thats what i was told when i called to check on mine.

you cant do medical or complete the 160 until you have the case number from nvc, and some consulates wont allow you to have medical until the interview appointment is set. check with your consulate specific sub forum on here for details.

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

ROC

Timeline
2 hours ago, debbiedoo said:

up to 8 weeks, at least thats what i was told when i called to check on mine.

you cant do medical or complete the 160 until you have the case number from nvc, and some consulates wont allow you to have medical until the interview appointment is set. check with your consulate specific sub forum on here for details.

Where exactly is that sub forum? I'm new to this site so not familiar where everything is at.

Timeline
14 hours ago, NDP22 said:

Once your case gets to the embassy you won't immediately get an interview date. First you have to complete the packet 3 documentation. Which you have to send a few things to the embassy, those things include: copies of passport, birth certificate (translated to english), kids birth certificate, former marriage / termination of former marriage, single status certificate, immigration records. They also need originals of the following: DS-2001 (print-out after completion), 2 passport style photos, confirmation print-out of completed global support strategy registration, evidence of financial support (I-864, most recent federal income tax), police records of the country they live in, police records of any country they have lived in for more than 12 months, court & prison records, and military records.

It's best to use the time the case is at the NVC to start preparing all the documentation for the packet 3. My wife was able to send in the packet 3 before she actually received the packet 3 paperwork in the mail. The packet 3/4 information that pertains to the country your fiance is coming from can usually be found on the US Embassy website for that country.

Removing Conditions 

Timeline
11 hours ago, NDP22 said:

Where exactly is that sub forum? I'm new to this site so not familiar where everything is at.

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/95-europe-amp-eurasia-except-the-uk-and-russia/

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

ROC

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Calidas said:

Once your case gets to the embassy you won't immediately get an interview date. First you have to complete the packet 3 documentation. Which you have to send a few things to the embassy, those things include: copies of passport, birth certificate (translated to english), kids birth certificate, former marriage / termination of former marriage, single status certificate, immigration records. They also need originals of the following: DS-2001 (print-out after completion), 2 passport style photos, confirmation print-out of completed global support strategy registration, evidence of financial support (I-864, most recent federal income tax), police records of the country they live in, police records of any country they have lived in for more than 12 months, court & prison records, and military records.

It's best to use the time the case is at the NVC to start preparing all the documentation for the packet 3. My wife was able to send in the packet 3 before she actually received the packet 3 paperwork in the mail. The packet 3/4 information that pertains to the country your fiance is coming from can usually be found on the US Embassy website for that country.

all consulates are different. most of the information you said, for example, is submitted at the actual interview for most consulates. OP needs to check in his regional forum for specific advice on what is needed.

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

ROC

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Calidas said:

If I'm not mistaken, II have already attached all of that information in the original package. Is this something I need to send again?

Timeline

Wasn't sure for Norway. That was all that was need for the US Embassy of Thailand for my wife's packet 3.

Removing Conditions 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

This thread just became very interesting to me.

We got our NOA2 today.  Beyond excited.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
28 minutes ago, NDP22 said:

When can I see my status of my application on the CEAC website? Can I see it now?? @debbiedoo @Calidas anyone?

after you have acase number from NVC

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

ROC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.