G C

What should I do with my SSS, PhilHealth, and Pag-Ibig?

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello, Kababayans! I'm getting ready for my visa application and will leave my 8-year call center job soon. For 8 years, they deducted from my paycheck to pay for SSS, PhilHealth, and Pag-Ibig. What should I do now that I will be leaving my job soon? Can I "suspend" my contributions? Is that even possible? How did you continue paying for these benefits? Those who have moved to the USA, did you continue paying for the benefits or did you stop becoming a member of these? Thank you in advance for your answers. So lost. Lol

2 hours ago, G C said:

Hello, Kababayans! I'm getting ready for my visa application and will leave my 8-year call center job soon. For 8 years, they deducted from my paycheck to pay for SSS, PhilHealth, and Pag-Ibig. What should I do now that I will be leaving my job soon? Can I "suspend" my contributions? Is that even possible? How did you continue paying for these benefits? Those who have moved to the USA, did you continue paying for the benefits or did you stop becoming a member of these? Thank you in advance for your answers. So lost. Lol

Suspend your contributions? My asawa just stopped participating in SSS and Philhealth when she came here to the USA. Philhealth can't be used here in the USA, and we already have SS here in the USA which will pay out more than you will ever get from SSS. 

16 hours ago, G C said:

CFO Seminars back in the days would try to convince you to keep contributing from your USA job.  (Just another reason I am not a fan of te CFO Seminars)

Me personally unless you plan on only spending a few years in the USA I would be done contributing

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

Timeline
20 hours ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Suspend your contributions? My asawa just stopped participating in SSS and Philhealth when she came here to the USA. Philhealth can't be used here in the USA, and we already have SS here in the USA which will pay out more than you will ever get from SSS. 

Okay, thank you. I might just do that. 

Timeline
5 hours ago, Chris Duffy said:

CFO Seminars back in the days would try to convince you to keep contributing from your USA job.  (Just another reason I am not a fan of te CFO Seminars)

Me personally unless you plan on only spending a few years in the USA I would be done contributing

Yeah, contributing after the move doesn't make a lot of sense. Thanks.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello, I knew I didn’t have plans of using my sss, Phil health and pagibig when I got here. So what I did when I went back, I went to closed my account and was able to get a check( lump sum) of my contributions in pagibig. I will wait till I get old for my sss because I do not believe you can close that ( I could be wrong of course). Good luck

😁

On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 1:06 PM, mrsartis said:

Hello, I knew I didn’t have plans of using my sss, Phil health and pagibig when I got here. So what I did when I went back, I went to closed my account and was able to get a check( lump sum) of my contributions in pagibig. I will wait till I get old for my sss because I do not believe you can close that ( I could be wrong of course). Good luck

May I ask Magknano/Pila?

How long did you contribute?  

Did they charge you a fee or penalty for early withdrawl?

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 11/29/2018 at 2:48 AM, Chris Duffy said:

May I ask Magknano/Pila?

How long did you contribute?  

Did they charge you a fee or penalty for early withdrawl?

Hi sorry for late reply, anyway I got about 10k pesos for 3 years contribution which is not too bad. I gave it to my mom. There could be a fee but I it probably insignificant that I do not remember. The line wasn't too bad either it's in Pampanga coz that's where I lived. As long as you have all the companies you have worked with established or your pagibig number you should be ok.

😁

Timeline
On 12/17/2018 at 6:56 AM, mrsartis said:

Hi sorry for late reply, anyway I got about 10k pesos for 3 years contribution which is not too bad. I gave it to my mom. There could be a fee but I it probably insignificant that I do not remember. The line wasn't too bad either it's in Pampanga coz that's where I lived. As long as you have all the companies you have worked with established or your pagibig number you should be ok.

Hi! what are the requirements did you submit/bring to close your PAG IBIG and how long til you get the check? 

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline
On 12/19/2018 at 12:34 AM, rashie said:

Hi! what are the requirements did you submit/bring to close your PAG IBIG and how long til you get the check? 

Called their hotline last night and here's what I gathered.

1. Go to pagibigfund.gov.ph

2. Scroll down to Downloadable Forms. On the left, choose Provident Related. Under Claims, download Application for Provident Benefits (APB) Claim. Download, print and fill this out.

3. Submit the form to any Pag-Ibig branch. Bring two valid government-issued IDs and a photocopy of your passport. 

Idk how long til they issue the check. I'll be submitting my claim next week to find out.

Ok, according to their Provident Benefits Claim charter, it can take 8-20 days. 

Apart from a photocopy of your passport, they also require a sworn Declaration of Intention to Depart from the Philippines permanently (notarized, no need to submit of already based abroad). This is also in their downloadable forms.

Edited by G C
Additional requirements

Timeline
3 hours ago, G C said:

Called their hotline last night and here's what I gathered.

1. Go to pagibigfund.gov.ph

2. Scroll down to Downloadable Forms. On the left, choose Provident Related. Under Claims, download Application for Provident Benefits (APB) Claim. Download, print and fill this out.

3. Submit the form to any Pag-Ibig branch. Bring two valid government-issued IDs and a photocopy of your passport. 

Idk how long til they issue the check. I'll be submitting my claim next week to find out.

Ok, according to their Provident Benefits Claim charter, it can take 8-20 days. 

Apart from a photocopy of your passport, they also require a sworn Declaration of Intention to Depart from the Philippines permanently (notarized, no need to submit of already based abroad). This is also in their downloadable forms.

So can I still claim it even if I'm still in the Philippines? I'm still on the process of k1 visa though. What's the format of declaration of intention to depart from the Philippines? Thanks in advance. 

Oh it's in their website din pala the form, so just have to fill it up, have it notarized. Right? 

Edited by rashie

Timeline
On 1/10/2019 at 11:33 PM, rashie said:

So can I still claim it even if I'm still in the Philippines? I'm still on the process of k1 visa though. What's the format of declaration of intention to depart from the Philippines? Thanks in advance. 

Oh it's in their website din pala the form, so just have to fill it up, have it notarized. Right? 

That's right.

• 1 month later...
Timeline
On 12/19/2018 at 12:34 AM, rashie said:

Posting an update:

Went to Pag-Ibig yesterday with my Provident claim form, sworn declaration, and a photocopy of my visa. Lady at the counter asked me to photocopy my ID at their copy room, asked about my work history (I worked in one company for 8 years), and asked if I'm leaving the country for good. Minutes later, she gave me the claim form for the check which I can receive in 10 working days.

Timeline
On 2/23/2019 at 5:51 PM, G C said:

Posting an update:

Went to Pag-Ibig yesterday with my Provident claim form, sworn declaration, and a photocopy of my visa. Lady at the counter asked me to photocopy my ID at their copy room, asked about my work history (I worked in one company for 8 years), and asked if I'm leaving the country for good. Minutes later, she gave me the claim form for the check which I can receive in 10 working days.

What's provident claim form? Is it in the pag ibig site? I checked it and can't find any form for claiming/withdrawing pag ibig contribution

Timeline
1 hour ago, rashie said:

What's provident claim form? Is it in the pag ibig site? I checked it and can't find any form for claiming/withdrawing pag ibig contribution

Go to this link: https://www.pagibigfund.gov.ph/dlforms.aspx

In the middle of the page, choose Provident Related Forms.

Scroll down and you'll see Claims. 

Choose the form Application for Provident Benefits (APB) Claim (HQP-PFF-285V03).

Message me if you need further help.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.