Jump to content
G C

What should I do with my SSS, PhilHealth, and Pag-Ibig?

20 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello, Kababayans! I'm getting ready for my visa application and will leave my 8-year call center job soon. For 8 years, they deducted from my paycheck to pay for SSS, PhilHealth, and Pag-Ibig. What should I do now that I will be leaving my job soon? Can I "suspend" my contributions? Is that even possible? How did you continue paying for these benefits? Those who have moved to the USA, did you continue paying for the benefits or did you stop becoming a member of these? Thank you in advance for your answers. So lost. Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, G C said:

Hello, Kababayans! I'm getting ready for my visa application and will leave my 8-year call center job soon. For 8 years, they deducted from my paycheck to pay for SSS, PhilHealth, and Pag-Ibig. What should I do now that I will be leaving my job soon? Can I "suspend" my contributions? Is that even possible? How did you continue paying for these benefits? Those who have moved to the USA, did you continue paying for the benefits or did you stop becoming a member of these? Thank you in advance for your answers. So lost. Lol

Suspend your contributions? My asawa just stopped participating in SSS and Philhealth when she came here to the USA. Philhealth can't be used here in the USA, and we already have SS here in the USA which will pay out more than you will ever get from SSS. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, G C said:

Hello, Kababayans! I'm getting ready for my visa application and will leave my 8-year call center job soon. For 8 years, they deducted from my paycheck to pay for SSS, PhilHealth, and Pag-Ibig. What should I do now that I will be leaving my job soon? Can I "suspend" my contributions? Is that even possible? How did you continue paying for these benefits? Those who have moved to the USA, did you continue paying for the benefits or did you stop becoming a member of these? Thank you in advance for your answers. So lost. Lol

CFO Seminars back in the days would try to convince you to keep contributing from your USA job.  (Just another reason I am not a fan of te CFO Seminars)

 

Me personally unless you plan on only spending a few years in the USA I would be done contributing


Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Suspend your contributions? My asawa just stopped participating in SSS and Philhealth when she came here to the USA. Philhealth can't be used here in the USA, and we already have SS here in the USA which will pay out more than you will ever get from SSS. 

Okay, thank you. I might just do that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Chris Duffy said:

CFO Seminars back in the days would try to convince you to keep contributing from your USA job.  (Just another reason I am not a fan of te CFO Seminars)

 

Me personally unless you plan on only spending a few years in the USA I would be done contributing

Yeah, contributing after the move doesn't make a lot of sense. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, I knew I didn’t have plans of using my sss, Phil health and pagibig when I got here. So what I did when I went back, I went to closed my account and was able to get a check( lump sum) of my contributions in pagibig. I will wait till I get old for my sss because I do not believe you can close that ( I could be wrong of course). Good luck


😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 1:06 PM, mrsartis said:

Hello, I knew I didn’t have plans of using my sss, Phil health and pagibig when I got here. So what I did when I went back, I went to closed my account and was able to get a check( lump sum) of my contributions in pagibig. I will wait till I get old for my sss because I do not believe you can close that ( I could be wrong of course). Good luck

May I ask Magknano/Pila?

 

How long did you contribute?  

 

Did they charge you a fee or penalty for early withdrawl?


Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/29/2018 at 2:48 AM, Chris Duffy said:

May I ask Magknano/Pila?

 

How long did you contribute?  

 

Did they charge you a fee or penalty for early withdrawl?

Hi sorry for late reply, anyway I got about 10k pesos for 3 years contribution which is not too bad. I gave it to my mom. There could be a fee but I it probably insignificant that I do not remember. The line wasn't too bad either it's in Pampanga coz that's where I lived. As long as you have all the companies you have worked with established or your pagibig number you should be ok.


😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/17/2018 at 6:56 AM, mrsartis said:

Hi sorry for late reply, anyway I got about 10k pesos for 3 years contribution which is not too bad. I gave it to my mom. There could be a fee but I it probably insignificant that I do not remember. The line wasn't too bad either it's in Pampanga coz that's where I lived. As long as you have all the companies you have worked with established or your pagibig number you should be ok.

Hi! what are the requirements did you submit/bring to close your PAG IBIG and how long til you get the check? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/19/2018 at 12:34 AM, rashie said:

Hi! what are the requirements did you submit/bring to close your PAG IBIG and how long til you get the check? 

Called their hotline last night and here's what I gathered.

 

1. Go to pagibigfund.gov.ph

2. Scroll down to Downloadable Forms. On the left, choose Provident Related. Under Claims, download Application for Provident Benefits (APB) Claim. Download, print and fill this out.

3. Submit the form to any Pag-Ibig branch. Bring two valid government-issued IDs and a photocopy of your passport. 

 

Idk how long til they issue the check. I'll be submitting my claim next week to find out.

 

Ok, according to their Provident Benefits Claim charter, it can take 8-20 days. 

 

Apart from a photocopy of your passport, they also require a sworn Declaration of Intention to Depart from the Philippines permanently (notarized, no need to submit of already based abroad). This is also in their downloadable forms.

Edited by G C
Additional requirements

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, G C said:

Called their hotline last night and here's what I gathered.

 

1. Go to pagibigfund.gov.ph

2. Scroll down to Downloadable Forms. On the left, choose Provident Related. Under Claims, download Application for Provident Benefits (APB) Claim. Download, print and fill this out.

3. Submit the form to any Pag-Ibig branch. Bring two valid government-issued IDs and a photocopy of your passport. 

 

Idk how long til they issue the check. I'll be submitting my claim next week to find out.

 

Ok, according to their Provident Benefits Claim charter, it can take 8-20 days. 

 

Apart from a photocopy of your passport, they also require a sworn Declaration of Intention to Depart from the Philippines permanently (notarized, no need to submit of already based abroad). This is also in their downloadable forms.

So can I still claim it even if I'm still in the Philippines? I'm still on the process of k1 visa though. What's the format of declaration of intention to depart from the Philippines? Thanks in advance. 

 

Oh it's in their website din pala the form, so just have to fill it up, have it notarized. Right? 

Edited by rashie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2019 at 11:33 PM, rashie said:

So can I still claim it even if I'm still in the Philippines? I'm still on the process of k1 visa though. What's the format of declaration of intention to depart from the Philippines? Thanks in advance. 

 

Oh it's in their website din pala the form, so just have to fill it up, have it notarized. Right? 

That's right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/19/2018 at 12:34 AM, rashie said:

Hi! what are the requirements did you submit/bring to close your PAG IBIG and how long til you get the check? 

Posting an update:

 

Went to Pag-Ibig yesterday with my Provident claim form, sworn declaration, and a photocopy of my visa. Lady at the counter asked me to photocopy my ID at their copy room, asked about my work history (I worked in one company for 8 years), and asked if I'm leaving the country for good. Minutes later, she gave me the claim form for the check which I can receive in 10 working days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/23/2019 at 5:51 PM, G C said:

Posting an update:

 

Went to Pag-Ibig yesterday with my Provident claim form, sworn declaration, and a photocopy of my visa. Lady at the counter asked me to photocopy my ID at their copy room, asked about my work history (I worked in one company for 8 years), and asked if I'm leaving the country for good. Minutes later, she gave me the claim form for the check which I can receive in 10 working days.

What's provident claim form? Is it in the pag ibig site? I checked it and can't find any form for claiming/withdrawing pag ibig contribution

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rashie said:

What's provident claim form? Is it in the pag ibig site? I checked it and can't find any form for claiming/withdrawing pag ibig contribution

Go to this link: https://www.pagibigfund.gov.ph/dlforms.aspx

 

In the middle of the page, choose Provident Related Forms.

 

Scroll down and you'll see Claims. 

 

Choose the form Application for Provident Benefits (APB) Claim (HQP-PFF-285V03).

 

Message me if you need further help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...