Mary Bernard

NBI Written Explanation

80 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 hours ago, Amiel Callejo said:

I already emailed it says there is no status update available for the passport no submitted

It only went to issued yesterday.  It takes 2-3 days before the visa package is picked up by 2GO  .. little more patience

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/19/2019 at 7:29 PM, Mary Bernard said:

Hello

Still waiting on visa delivery 

my father inlaw waited for the Endorsement letter almost 2 months. You need that in order to get NBI WRITTEN EXPLANANTION.

then they went to NBI on Friday 12/28, interviewed by the lady that’s in charge specifically for his type of problem

then NBI forwarded it to embassy on 1/03

because they deliver every Thursday. They missed the delivery date because they went on a Friday.

visa issue was 1/15

Hi, it took two months for the USEM to email your father-in-law the endorsement letter? Can we not call USEM and ask them to email same day of the interview? 

Thanks, hope to hear back from you. 

On 6/6/2019 at 8:17 PM, Amiel Callejo said:

Ah ok thank u for the info..maybe there will be update tom

On 6/14/2019 at 10:54 PM, Wendy Li said:

Hi, it took two months for the USEM to email your father-in-law the endorsement letter? Can we not call USEM and ask them to email same day of the interview? 

Thanks, hope to hear back from you. 

My dad already receive his passport and the visa, we just wondering if we still waiting for the visa package ? Caused we don’t receive my sealed envelope. I’m confused.please help   

Timeline
2 hours ago, Nits said:

My dad already receive his passport and the visa, we just wondering if we still waiting for the visa package ? Caused we don’t receive my sealed envelope. I’m confused.please help   

There isn't a package if it wasn't with his passport.   Your dad got the new e-visa.   

Don't forget CFO-PDOS ... depending on age if just registering is needed.

Here is info, click the Other Immigrant Visa tab.    https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/cfo.html

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 1 month later...

Got the letter of endorsement yesterday it took two weeks exactly from interview date to get the letter of endorsement from USEM, beneficiary returns to Manila NBI on 7/29/2019 for NBI interview then NBI sends the letter of Explanation to USEM then after review they should issue her visa.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Timeline
1 hour ago, Sarge2155 said:

Got the letter of endorsement yesterday it took two weeks exactly from interview date to get the letter of endorsement from USEM, beneficiary returns to Manila NBI on 7/29/2019 for NBI interview then NBI sends the letter of Explanation to USEM then after review they should issue her visa.

This process can add a couple weeks to the .. wait...  once they receive the documents requested.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

28 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

This process can add a couple weeks to the .. wait...  once they receive the documents requested.

Yeah I anticipate  a few weeks wait before visa issue, but I'm an expert at waiting!!!

Edited by Sarge2155

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

• 2 months later...
On 10/1/2019 at 4:42 AM, GAZAZ said:

Hello VJ family,  if the USEM will be the one to request the NBI written explanation, How many days the NBI should comply or response for the USEM request? Pls.. any idea? 

Once the embassy sends the letter of endorsement "notice letter" at about 10 working days, they send it via email to the beneficiary. Then you take that notice to NBI Manila. They are not speedy there so be prepared to make a second trip. Once you get interviewed at NBI ( be sure to bring any and all documents supporting your case.) If NBI is satisfied they will type up a letter of explanation that you will not see, nor can you carry it to USEM. The letter is prepared one week and picked up the NEXT week on Friday by USEM  courier. Expect the whole process to take an additional three weeks if you are lucky.

Citizenship Complete!

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
17 hours ago, Sarge2155 said:

Once the embassy sends the letter of endorsement "notice letter" at about 10 working days, they send it via email to the beneficiary. Then you take that notice to NBI Manila. They are not speedy there so be prepared to make a second trip. Once you get interviewed at NBI ( be sure to bring any and all documents supporting your case.) If NBI is satisfied they will type up a letter of explanation that you will not see, nor can you carry it to USEM. The letter is prepared one week and picked up the NEXT week on Friday by USEM  courier. Expect the whole process to take an additional three weeks if you are lucky.

Thanks @Sarge2155

My problem we have interviewed last September 9, since then we  never received any email from the embassy  about this endorsement letter. Is it the sign that they are the one who requested or send the letter of request to NBI?.. Worried much because 1 of our child will be turning 21 next month.

Edited by GAZAZ

7 minutes ago, GAZAZ said:

Thanks @Sarge2155

My problem we have interviewed last September 9, since then we  never received any email from the embassy  about this endorsement letter. Is it the sign that they are the one who requested or send the letter of request to NBI?.. Worried much because 1 of our child will be turning 21 next month.

The embassy will send the letter to the beneficiary then the beneficiary  has to make  arrangements to interview at NBI Manila.

Citizenship Complete!

6 minutes ago, GAZAZ said:

yes. But they are saying they need a letter from the embassy.

Yes you need the letter from USEM before NBI will do anything

Citizenship Complete!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.