Mary Bernard

NBI Written Explanation

80 posts in this topic

Hi there Harley,

my father inlaw  law went to NBI on Friday dec 28. They said delivery time cut off so they delivered it next week Thursday which was Jan 3

we waited and waited.

i even called visa center, they’re usually no help. 

Visa was issued on the 15

Filed: Timeline
12 hours ago, Mary Bernard said:

Hi there Harley,

my father inlaw  law went to NBI on Friday dec 28. They said delivery time cut off so they delivered it next week Thursday which was Jan 3

we waited and waited.

i even called visa center, they’re usually no help. 

Visa was issued on the 15

Thank you, Mary Bernard. My Dad's status in ceac website after his interview on Niv 23rd, 2018 was Issued. Then Jan 1st, we received the email instruction for NBI written explanation. This was done on Jan 15th, 2019. On Jan 22nd, my Dad called NBI and was informed that the letter was already pickedup (by embassy rep.). Jan, 25th, he received a call from US Embassy Visa Processing asking if he already complied to the email instruction. So now, waiting we are...ceac status never changed: status still says ISSUED...really hoping we get good news this week...this week is the 2nd week. 😯

• 5 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline
5 hours ago, Chat said:

Hi, 

How long did it take from the interview before you got the email from the embassy for the endorsement letter? What else did you bring to NBI aside from the endorsement? How long did the NBI take to send the explanation letter to the embassy?

Hi...my dad was interviewed on 11/23/18....was told he will receive the visa packet in 7-10 days...but did not.....01/02/19, he received an email instruction regarding the NBI requirement....01/15/19, my dad went to NBI office and had an interview with the personnel as instructed by embassy....letter of explanation was forwarded to the embassy that Thursday....01/30/19, 2go had my dad's packet but was recalled by the embassy so it was sent back to them...02/08/19 when the final visa packet was received...

Actually, 12/04/18, there was already a visa issued....ustraveldocs site showed issued but the visa packet was not forwarded to my dad....further review required the nbi letter of explanation that was why it took a while.

Edited by harley2012

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi anyone here knows how many days before the nbi written explanation forwarded to usem?i finish my interview in the nbi for the written explanation last tue april 30,and now I'm waiting for the email to submit the pp bec they returned it to me after the interview

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/19/2019 at 5:29 AM, Mary Bernard said:

Hello

Still waiting on visa delivery 

my father inlaw waited for the Endorsement letter almost 2 months. You need that in order to get NBI WRITTEN EXPLANANTION.

then they went to NBI on Friday 12/28, interviewed by the lady that’s in charge specifically for his type of problem

then NBI forwarded it to embassy on 1/03

because they deliver every Thursday. They missed the delivery date because they went on a Friday.

visa issue was 1/15

Hi 

my dad just went to NBI today for a written clearance .and he was told that the written clearance will be forward directly to the embassy . Is this a same case with you guys?  I just wondering after this process how Long it takes that the embassy will going to ask for the passport  to release the visa? Please help. ! 

On 5/3/2019 at 5:12 AM, Amiel Callejo said:

Hi anyone here knows how many days before the nbi written explanation forwarded to usem?i finish my interview in the nbi for the written explanation last tue april 30,and now I'm waiting for the email to submit the pp bec they returned it to me after the interview

Are you done of yours? I’m going to ask same question too please let me know with your case too 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Highly country-specific thread is moved from the Embassy/Consulate forum to the Philippines regional forum.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

2 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Too funny!  This topic started in November 2018 and just now became country specific .. :lol:  

I think it is funny because it seems like it was hidden in the bowels of VJ. Getting just enough traction to stay current but not enough until lately to make it rise above the muck to become visible to the outside. 

On 5/3/2019 at 6:12 AM, Amiel Callejo said:

I submitted my passport after my interview with NBI. I didnt wait for any emails because the lady in USEM told me that as soon as i finish my interview with NBI to mail the passport back to them

9 hours ago, Nits said:

Hi 

my dad just went to NBI today for a written clearance .and he was told that the written clearance will be forward directly to the embassy . Is this a same case with you guys?  I just wondering after this process how Long it takes that the embassy will going to ask for the passport  to release the visa? Please help. ! 

NBI will submit the explanation letter to the embassy. According to them they send the explanation letter every Friday. I didnt wait for the embassy to ask me for the passport because I was told by the lady in USEM to mail the passport back as soon as I finish the interview with NBI

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.