Mary Bernard

NBI Written Explanation

80 posts in this topic

my father inlaw got a mail from the US EMBASSY of Manila that he needs a NBI written explanation to further process his case to issue his visa

they went to the NBI, but NBI told them in order for them to get a written explanantion they would need an endorsement letter from the embassy so they can process it.

so I called the US EMBASSY OF MANILA, and they told me the made a request for that endorsement letter. And that we will received it in through email.

We don’t even know how long that’s gonna take. 

omg this is just taking too much time n process. 

They cant go to the NBI to get the explanation letter without the endorsement letter.

Edited by Mary Bernard
Add

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline
14 hours ago, Mary Bernard said:

No not yet. 

Their interview was sept 20 2018.

They also needed some docs from my mom. She had her interview on Oct. Her ceac status is still at ready. How about your in-laws ceac status? Does usem reply to your email or calls? Thank you! I am so worried.😫

18 hours ago, Daughter&mom said:

They also needed some docs from my mom. She had her interview on Oct. Her ceac status is still at ready. How about your in-laws ceac status? Does usem reply to your email or calls? Thank you! I am so worried.😫

My mother inlaw CEAC is still at ready.

my father inlaw is at administrative processing.

they had interview in sept 20.

my father inlaw needed an NBI Written explanantion. It was done last week and sent yesterday. So we’re iust waiting for the visa issue.

whats wrong with your moms case.

calls to the Manila embassy is useless, because they transfer you to the visa unit center and the visa unit representatives can’t even help anyway. It’s better to email them. 

We that’s what made it a little faster because all this time we were waiting for the endorsement letter for my father inlaw from the embassy in order to get the NBI written explanation from NBI.

Timeline
On 1/4/2019 at 1:35 AM, Mary Bernard said:

My mother inlaw CEAC is still at ready.

my father inlaw is at administrative processing.

they had interview in sept 20.

my father inlaw needed an NBI Written explanantion. It was done last week and sent yesterday. So we’re iust waiting for the visa issue.

whats wrong with your moms case.

calls to the Manila embassy is useless, because they transfer you to the visa unit center and the visa unit representatives can’t even help anyway. It’s better to email them. 

We that’s what made it a little faster because all this time we were waiting for the endorsement letter for my father inlaw from the embassy in order to get the NBI written explanation from NBI.

Any update on your case?

Filed: Timeline
On 1/16/2019 at 9:13 PM, Mary Bernard said:

Visa issued!!!! 😇

hi...when did your dad submit the written explanation to embassy?  how many days did it take from submission to visa issuance? did he receive the visa already from 2go?

just curious as my dad is in the same boat as your dad's...we are also still waiting.

Hello

Still waiting on visa delivery 

my father inlaw waited for the Endorsement letter almost 2 months. You need that in order to get NBI WRITTEN EXPLANANTION.

then they went to NBI on Friday 12/28, interviewed by the lady that’s in charge specifically for his type of problem

then NBI forwarded it to embassy on 1/03

because they deliver every Thursday. They missed the delivery date because they went on a Friday.

visa issue was 1/15

On 1/19/2019 at 3:29 AM, Mary Bernard said:

Hello

Still waiting on visa delivery 

my father inlaw waited for the Endorsement letter almost 2 months. You need that in order to get NBI WRITTEN EXPLANANTION.

then they went to NBI on Friday 12/28, interviewed by the lady that’s in charge specifically for his type of problem

then NBI forwarded it to embassy on 1/03

because they deliver every Thursday. They missed the delivery date because they went on a Friday.

visa issue was 1/15

hi...just wondering if you're father-in-law already received his visa packet in the mail or from 2go...any update?

10 minutes ago, Mary Bernard said:

Yeah he picked it up today it was available for pick up 1/22

Oh wow...congratulations...finally, it came!  am so happy for you guys.  

My Dad called up the NBI Office in Manila and was told that his letter of explanation was already forwarded to the US Embassy in Manila as of 01/18/19.  We called up and spoke to a visa center agent today and we were informed that there's no update in their system but she'll go ahead and escalate our requests.  

Based on your experience, it's like almost 3 weeks of waiting time from nbi office forwarding the clearance to embassy to the receipt of your father-in-law's visa packet.  By the way, did he receive a visa packet or just the passport with the stamped visa/pasted visa? Is he in Manila area?  My Dad is in the province so, just wondering if that would add up to the waiting time...

Would appreciate your response again.  Sincerely, so excited for you... :)

On 1/3/2019 at 7:17 AM, Daughter&mom said:

Any update regarding ur Mom's case?

Timeline
2 hours ago, harley2012 said:

Any update regarding ur Mom's case?

Hello.

They returned her passport and requested a new medical as her medical clearance expired.  St. Lukes just submitted her new medical along with her passport. Her status is administrative processing on the ceac website.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.