Mary Bernard

NBI Written Explanation

80 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 minutes ago, GAZAZ said:

yes. But they are saying they need a letter from the embassy.

As Sarge has said - it can take a week or two to get the letter from the embassy.   

Remember to check your spam folder in your email.     Just rattling ideas here

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello... 

We receive a letter from USEM last Oct. 10 for NBI interview and to submit court records via 2Go. Last Oct. 15 we did our interview @NBI and they said they will forward the letter next week and Also Oct. 16 we submitted the court records via 2go. Until now we did not receive any letter from USEM regarding our passport. I am planning to send it already including 221g letter because we have already complied the NBI written explanation. Anybody here have experience sending the passport without any e mail from USEM? Help pls... 

2 minutes ago, GAZAZ said:

Hello... 

We receive a letter from USEM last Oct. 10 for NBI interview and to submit court records via 2Go. Last Oct. 15 we did our interview @NBI and they said they will forward the letter next week and Also Oct. 16 we submitted the court records via 2go. Until now we did not receive any letter from USEM regarding our passport. I am planning to send it already including 221g letter because we have already complied the NBI written explanation. Anybody here have experience sending the passport without any e mail from USEM? Help pls... 

Don't  send it without them asking for it. If it gets misplaced it's on you and your fault. I would not do it.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

On 1/4/2019 at 5:35 PM, Mary Bernard said:

My mother inlaw CEAC is still at ready.

my father inlaw is at administrative processing.

they had interview in sept 20.

my father inlaw needed an NBI Written explanantion. It was done last week and sent yesterday. So we’re iust waiting for the visa issue.

whats wrong with your moms case.

calls to the Manila embassy is useless, because they transfer you to the visa unit center and the visa unit representatives can’t even help anyway. It’s better to email them. 

We that’s what made it a little faster because all this time we were waiting for the endorsement letter for my father inlaw from the embassy in order to get the NBI written explanation from NBI.

How can I email the us embassy? Because the scenario of your father in law is the same scenario of my mother?

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Contacting the Embassy
Manila Visa Information and Appointment Service center hotlines at (632) 548-8223, (632) 792-8988.
The center is open Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (Manila time), except on Philippine and U.S. holidays.

Callers in the U.S should call (703) 520-2235 on its Eastern Standard Time equivalent of operation hours.

Skype: To use Skype to speak to a customer service representative Monday Friday from 8:00am to 8:00pm., please add a new contact to your Skype account with the Skype name ustraveldocs-philippines.

EMAIL:   IVMANILAREPLIES@STATE.GOV

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

2 hours ago, GAZAZ said:

Hi..

Usually how many days USEM will contact us after NBI written explanation is picked up by them? Anybody have an idea? Thanks

They will not contact you, they will either issue or deny your visa based on the NBI letter. Watch your status. Took us another two weeks to get issued after the letter was received. I should have said if they contact you it's  not a good thing.

Edited by Sarge2155

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

They will not contact you, they will either issue or deny your visa based on the NBI letter. Watch your status. Took us another two weeks to get issued after the letter was received. 

oh?... I know we are clear with regards to NBI.. But i am a bit worried if I have to submit our passport or to wait for their call because our passport is still in our hands.  

48 minutes ago, GAZAZ said:

oh?... I know we are clear with regards to NBI.. But i am a bit worried if I have to submit our passport or to wait for their call because our passport is still in our hands.  

Yes in that case  you should wait for them to request your passport. In our case  they told us to submit the passport with the 221g.

Citizenship Complete!

3 hours ago, GAZAZ said:

thank you... is it via call of email?

They told my wife at the interview itself and it was written on the 221g. I'm sure they will contact you when they are ready.

Citizenship Complete!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.