HelpneededJessica

Info Pass Appointment

30 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Has anyone in the States gone for a info Pass appointment? Just wondering what they will ask, what to bring to appointment, etc...

Going due to husband being denied 3 years ago. (CR-1)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

First question is why are you going and what do you expect to find out?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

After 3 years, it seems a new petition would be in order.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
43 minutes ago, missileman said:

After 3 years, it seems a new petition would be in order.

Maybe.  Still need to know circumstances and purpose of the appointment.  Cart before horse is not a good advice strategy.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Reason I'm will be going to info Pass appointment is the officer never gave a reason for denial day of interview. Also the case has been processing for two years. Three since denial interview. 

Called USCIS multiple times with no answers or new information for us. Someone had suggest a info Pass appointment. For me to go there and ask questions myself.

Timeline

So you did not get a NOIR?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
24 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

Maybe.  Still need to know circumstances and purpose of the appointment.  Cart before horse is not a good advice strategy.

I don't think anyone would suggest submitting a new petition without knowing the reasons behind the denial.  Perhaps I wrongly assumed that that would have been known by now.....I also assumed a denied petition or visa would have expired in 3 years.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
43 minutes ago, missileman said:

I don't think anyone would suggest submitting a new petition without knowing the reasons behind the denial.  Perhaps I wrongly assumed that that would have been known by now.....I also assumed a denied petition or visa would have expired in 3 years.

Husband and CR1 tell you the petition was an I-130.  I-130 approvals do not expire.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

No, NOIR has been received to date yet.

One question I may ask at interview is to why. If there's any thing they think I should do.

We're in a tough position right now.

Also will ask if I should re file our

I-130.

One of the reasons why I'm reaching out to see if anyone has been through this situation...

Timeline
57 minutes ago, HelpneededJessica said:

Reason I'm will be going to info Pass appointment is the officer never gave a reason for denial day of interview. Also the case has been processing for two years. Three since denial interview. 

Called USCIS multiple times with no answers or new information for us. Someone had suggest a info Pass appointment. For me to go there and ask questions myself.

You could do that, but my recommendation is the instead or in addition to an Infopass appointment, you contact the nearest local office of the Senior US Senator from your State.  Ask and authorize their staff to make a direct inquiry on your behalf.  You are overdue for a NOIR. (Notice of Intent to Revoke the approval of the I-130 petition.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline

No, NOIR has been received to date yet.

One question I may ask at interview is to why. If there's any thing they think I should do.

We're in a tough position right now.

Also will ask if I should re file our

I-130.

One of the reasons why I'm reaching out to see if anyone has been through this situation...

In April of 2018 we did reach out to congress. We only got a letter back saying case is processing and being reviewed. And there's nothing else they could do for us, & to wait.

Timeline

So why do you think it was refused?

Timeline

We think it's because we wanted to get married here in the states. On the advice of our lawyer she told us to marry overseas. She said it would make our case go faster!
Making it hard for any of my family to make it. Parents aren't able to fly. And my siblings work in the medical field, unable for any of them to take off from work to fly there.
His interview was 8 minutes long, as the officer was very short and racist will him. In the end gave all letters of support, evidence, & photos back to him. Only keeping one photo with him in our case file.

Timeline

So this was a K1? They just die.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.