Sherbahadur

Kathmandu Embassy Medical Fee

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

After 11 months of wait, my wife finally got an interview appointment for December 2018. When she called the Medical office ( suggested by  US Embassy Nepal), She was told over the phone that she'll have to pay Nrs.28,000 which is approximately $ 245 instead of $162 ( listed on travel.state.gov). Is 162 for Medical fee and the other charge of $83 for vaccine? I'm confused here. I feel like hospital is trying to make money out of us.

20 minutes ago, Sherbahadur said:

After 11 months of wait, my wife finally got an interview appointment for December 2018. When she called the Medical office ( suggested by  US Embassy Nepal), She was told over the phone that she'll have to pay Nrs.28,000 which is approximately $ 245 instead of $162 ( listed on travel.state.gov). Is 162 for Medical fee and the other charge of $83 for vaccine? I'm confused here. I feel like hospital is trying to make money out of us.

I will move this to the correct subforum for better advice. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

$162 plus $83 is $245

more than likely the embassy site only quoted the medical exam itself

Edited by adil-rafa

Timeline
9 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

$162 plus $83 is $245

more than likely the embassy site only quoted the medical exam itself

So you’re saying there’s apparently 2 different fees? Medical and vaccination?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

In Mexico, vaccines are apart from medical. It varies depending of the country.

Mexican consulate only indicates Medical fee and it says "vaccines are not included".

NOA 1 *NEW* USCIS website: March 01, 2018

RFE USCIS website: September 26, 2018

RFE Hard copy: October 01, 2018

RFE Response Sent:  October 10, 2018

RFE Received by USCIS:  October 16, 2018

NOA2!!!!! *NEW* USCIS website: November 2, 2018

NVC Received: November 14, 2018

NVC Case Number: November 29, 2018

NVC In Transit: December 11, 2018

NVC Ready: December 13, 2018

Medical: February 18, 2019

CAS (Biometrics): February 19, 2019

Interview: February 20, 2019 - APPROVED!

CEAC Issued: Februery 27, 2019

VOH: March 12, 2019

POE: March 23, 2019

Marriage: May 10, 2019

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 minute ago, Sherbahadur said:

That’s such a rip off man! 

Anyways, thanks for your quick response 

Even in the USA the dr appointment is one fee and blood work is another

• 1 month later...
Timeline
On 11/15/2018 at 1:27 AM, Sherbahadur said:

Hello and hope u got the visa.

My interview is on 7th feb @ktm embassy and got my medical exam appointment on 30th jan . I have a question...when do we get the medical report..next day? Interview bhnda katti din aghi medical garnu bhayo? 

Timeline
On 1/12/2019 at 12:57 AM, ssgg said:

Hello and hope u got the visa.

My interview is on 7th feb @ktm embassy and got my medical exam appointment on 30th jan . I have a question...when do we get the medical report..next day? Interview bhnda katti din aghi medical garnu bhayo? 

You’ll get it after 2-3 days

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.