RFN

Questions on k1 visa interview

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

I just had my interview yesterday and it went smooth. The interviewer congratulated me and by that point my mind went blank because I was too excited. I think he told me my passport and x-ray will be sent to me in a week, and that they will email me about the process or something. He then stood up and went to the back, I assumed it was done and I left. So now I have a few questions.

- I chose to pick up my passport at a specified location instead of getting it delivered. But how do I know when to pick it up?

- Also, am I supposed to get a paper slip? I didn't get any.

- The stack of evidences that was sent along with the application is now in my hand. It was given back to me right before the interview by a lady who was collecting my documents. She told me to show to the interviewer if asked. I did give it to the interviewer but somehow it's back with me again. So this is for me to keep now?

- The lady also gave me my medical-check up result, but it was't sealed, its in a file. Is this the so-called sealed envelope that I shouldn't open and bring with me to the US? Or will I be given a different one?

I might be overthinking this, but I can't help but think that the interviewer was only going to the back to get me something and that I shouldn't have left too soon. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, RFN said:

I just had my interview yesterday and it went smooth. The interviewer congratulated me and by that point my mind went blank because I was too excited. I think he told me my passport and x-ray will be sent to me in a week, and that they will email me about the process or something. He then stood up and went to the back, I assumed it was done and I left. So now I have a few questions.

- I chose to pick up my passport at a specified location instead of getting it delivered. But how do I know when to pick it up?

- Also, am I supposed to get a paper slip? I didn't get any.

- The stack of evidences that was sent along with the application is now in my hand. It was given back to me right before the interview by a lady who was collecting my documents. She told me to show to the interviewer if asked. I did give it to the interviewer but somehow it's back with me again. So this is for me to keep now?

- The lady also gave me my medical-check up result, but it was't sealed, its in a file. Is this the so-called sealed envelope that I shouldn't open and bring with me to the US? Or will I be given a different one?

I might be overthinking this, but I can't help but think that the interviewer was only going to the back to get me something and that I shouldn't have left too soon. 

The infamous sealed envelope will accompany the passport with visa

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

I’m sorry but this story made me chuckle 😂. You basically just blacked out and left? That’s funny. Check your status on the CEAC website. 

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?eQs=WwjqOlbeRYzCYubaSQI+RA==

Usually they give you a slip saying congratulations or a 221g requesting any missing important documents. They’ll give you a quick estimate of how long it’ll take to get your passport and sometimes tell you how. 

Check your countries portal/forum thread to see how everyone else did it.

Edited by gsdc23

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

In regard to the sealed envelope, they sent it to us separately so I imagine it will be the same for you.

Thank you so much, everyone!

DD5B56DF-4C70-4A4F-A074-C72EA2413B5E.jpeg

it happened to me too lol i was so happy and excited and cried like a baby in front of everybody..and the CO looks so happy and forgot to do one of the most important thing of her job.. she gave me the slip but never tell the the oath 😂 a few minutes later she announce my name and tell me to come back to her how embarrassing 😂i never like my name to be called haha

anyway.. best you can do is call the embassy and tell about your situation. they usually give you the slip and tell you to call a number to confirm your delivery address..

congratulations and good luck

Edited by gaski

Timeline
21 hours ago, gsdc23 said:

I’m sorry but this story made me chuckle 😂. You basically just blacked out and left? That’s funny. Check your status on the CEAC website. 

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?eQs=WwjqOlbeRYzCYubaSQI+RA==

Usually they give you a slip saying congratulations or a 221g requesting any missing important documents. They’ll give you a quick estimate of how long it’ll take to get your passport and sometimes tell you how. 

Check your countries portal/forum thread to see how everyone else did it.

Yeah I guess I did lol 😅. Thanks for the tips. I checked and it says its undergoing administrative processing. I'm guessing it's a good thing?

Timeline
20 hours ago, gaski said:

it happened to me too lol i was so happy and excited and cried like a baby in front of everybody..and the CO looks so happy and forgot to do one of the most important thing of her job.. she gave me the slip but never tell the the oath 😂 a few minutes later she announce my name and tell me to come back to her how embarrassing 😂i never like my name to be called haha

anyway.. best you can do is call the embassy and tell about your situation. they usually give you the slip and tell you to call a number to confirm your delivery address..

congratulations and good luck

lol thats funny 😂 Right before my CO congratulated me, he asked me why I stayed in Korea, cause I had a Korean Police Cert. I told him I studied Korean, he was giving this confused look, and was like "whhhyy?" and then suddenly he spoke Korean to me (He's a Korean American apparently) , I guess that's when I was shocked and went blank lol.. I just checked the CEAC website and its on administrative process. I'm gonna give it a week or so, if nothing happened I'm gonna give them a call. Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.