Jump to content
troy3/23

K1 visa petition processing time

13 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone my name is Troy. 

 

I just had a question if someone can help me. I filed the I-129 form to petition my fiance from the Philippines. They received my paper and I got the receipt in mail a few days ago. 

 

My question is how long is the wait for background check and when will I get a case number? 

 

What is the next form I need to file...affidavit of support? 

 

My friend who is now married to his Philippine wife 2 yrs ago said he did not have to wait long to send his affidavit. I was told I need wait 2 or 3 months....does this sound right??

 

I know the wait time is 5-7 months until she has her interview and she can come here if she passes. I did not think the wait time was long to get a case number.

 

Thank you everyone :)

 

Just want make sure I am doing everything ok.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, troy3/23 said:

Really a year....I knew people that got everything done in 6 or 7 months.

 

Thanks for reply back. I guess I just wait until I receive something in mail from them to know what to do next??

6 or 7 for petition approval then the embassy phase begins which can be 2 to 3 more 

My stats:

Petition filed:  5.4

Petition approved: 10.20

Waiting for embassy case number 

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, troy3/23 said:

Really a year....I knew people that got everything done in 6 or 7 months.

 

Thanks for reply back. I guess I just wait until I receive something in mail from them to know what to do next??

Yes those 5-7 months is the time from when you filed the I-129 until you receive your case number from the NVC and it's forwarded to the Embassy. From there it will be another 3-4 months, I would say. 

We've filed in March 2018, got our NOA2 in October 2018, so 6 months after. Today we still hadn't heard anything from NVC nor Embassy. So it takes a fudge ton of time with these incredibly slow government employees. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, troy3/23 said:

Hello everyone my name is Troy. 

 

I just had a question if someone can help me. I filed the I-129 form to petition my fiance from the Philippines. They received my paper and I got the receipt in mail a few days ago. 

 

My question is how long is the wait for background check and when will I get a case number? 

 

What is the next form I need to file...affidavit of support? 

 

My friend who is now married to his Philippine wife 2 yrs ago said he did not have to wait long to send his affidavit. I was told I need wait 2 or 3 months....does this sound right??

 

I know the wait time is 5-7 months until she has her interview and she can come here if she passes. I did not think the wait time was long to get a case number.

 

Thank you everyone :)

 

Just want make sure I am doing everything ok.

 

Just for the I-129F petition approval can take 6+ months.  From there the case file goes to NVC where it gets the MNL# assigned, this can take  4-6 weeks.  Then your case file is forwarded to USEM Manila, this can be another 2-4 weeks.   Now your beneficiary/fiancee can complete the actual visa application, she can be done with the interview in less that a month once the case file is in Manila ... if you want to beat feet.

 

Roughly 8 months from when you filed the I-129F to the interview day, if all goes smoothly

 

What to do next:

 

 

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/nvc-k-1.html

 

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

 

      HandArrow.gif.adeb854ba620933849ae921ca0b44a0c.gif  Link to the Visa Process for Manila Embassy once you have your NOA2 : Click Here

 

Contact Hank: HERE

K-1 visa approved 21 March 2012

...Citizenship... complete!

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It will take 7-8 months for your noa2 even longer

tell your fiancée to get her psa birth and cenomar also nbi to be sure 

i got mine when we apply for k1 just to be sure

mis spelling is a headache in Philippine docs

better be prepared than sorry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Poohnispongy said:

It will take 7-8 months for your noa2 even longer

tell your fiancée to get her psa birth and cenomar also nbi to be sure 

i got mine when we apply for k1 just to be sure

mis spelling is a headache in Philippine docs

better be prepared than sorry

Good idea to check the BC and CENOMAR for typos!  :thumbs:

 

 


Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

 

      HandArrow.gif.adeb854ba620933849ae921ca0b44a0c.gif  Link to the Visa Process for Manila Embassy once you have your NOA2 : Click Here

 

Contact Hank: HERE

K-1 visa approved 21 March 2012

...Citizenship... complete!

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lots of things have changed since the "Yolanda rush"


Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

 

      HandArrow.gif.adeb854ba620933849ae921ca0b44a0c.gif  Link to the Visa Process for Manila Embassy once you have your NOA2 : Click Here

 

Contact Hank: HERE

K-1 visa approved 21 March 2012

...Citizenship... complete!

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nathalie Benito said:

Hi! Just wanna ask if How many total vaccines will be taken during the medical for fiancé visa and do they also require cbc and blood test? Thank you

On average it varies between 2 - 4  vaccinations.

 

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/medical---slec.html


Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

 

      HandArrow.gif.adeb854ba620933849ae921ca0b44a0c.gif  Link to the Visa Process for Manila Embassy once you have your NOA2 : Click Here

 

Contact Hank: HERE

K-1 visa approved 21 March 2012

...Citizenship... complete!

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×