troy3/23

K1 visa petition processing time

13 posts in this topic

Hello everyone my name is Troy. 

I just had a question if someone can help me. I filed the I-129 form to petition my fiance from the Philippines. They received my paper and I got the receipt in mail a few days ago. 

My question is how long is the wait for background check and when will I get a case number? 

What is the next form I need to file...affidavit of support? 

My friend who is now married to his Philippine wife 2 yrs ago said he did not have to wait long to send his affidavit. I was told I need wait 2 or 3 months....does this sound right??

I know the wait time is 5-7 months until she has her interview and she can come here if she passes. I did not think the wait time was long to get a case number.

Thank you everyone :)

Just want make sure I am doing everything ok.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 minutes ago, troy3/23 said:

Really a year....I knew people that got everything done in 6 or 7 months.

Thanks for reply back. I guess I just wait until I receive something in mail from them to know what to do next??

6 or 7 for petition approval then the embassy phase begins which can be 2 to 3 more 

My stats:

Petition filed:  5.4

Petition approved: 10.20

Waiting for embassy case number 

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
17 minutes ago, troy3/23 said:

Really a year....I knew people that got everything done in 6 or 7 months.

Thanks for reply back. I guess I just wait until I receive something in mail from them to know what to do next??

Yes those 5-7 months is the time from when you filed the I-129 until you receive your case number from the NVC and it's forwarded to the Embassy. From there it will be another 3-4 months, I would say. 

We've filed in March 2018, got our NOA2 in October 2018, so 6 months after. Today we still hadn't heard anything from NVC nor Embassy. So it takes a fudge ton of time with these incredibly slow government employees. 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, troy3/23 said:

Hello everyone my name is Troy. 

I just had a question if someone can help me. I filed the I-129 form to petition my fiance from the Philippines. They received my paper and I got the receipt in mail a few days ago. 

My question is how long is the wait for background check and when will I get a case number? 

What is the next form I need to file...affidavit of support? 

My friend who is now married to his Philippine wife 2 yrs ago said he did not have to wait long to send his affidavit. I was told I need wait 2 or 3 months....does this sound right??

I know the wait time is 5-7 months until she has her interview and she can come here if she passes. I did not think the wait time was long to get a case number.

Thank you everyone :)

Just want make sure I am doing everything ok.

Just for the I-129F petition approval can take 6+ months.  From there the case file goes to NVC where it gets the MNL# assigned, this can take  4-6 weeks.  Then your case file is forwarded to USEM Manila, this can be another 2-4 weeks.   Now your beneficiary/fiancee can complete the actual visa application, she can be done with the interview in less that a month once the case file is in Manila ... if you want to beat feet.

Roughly 8 months from when you filed the I-129F to the interview day, if all goes smoothly

What to do next:

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/nvc-k-1.html

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It will take 7-8 months for your noa2 even longer

tell your fiancée to get her psa birth and cenomar also nbi to be sure 

i got mine when we apply for k1 just to be sure

mis spelling is a headache in Philippine docs

better be prepared than sorry

Timeline
43 minutes ago, Poohnispongy said:

It will take 7-8 months for your noa2 even longer

tell your fiancée to get her psa birth and cenomar also nbi to be sure 

i got mine when we apply for k1 just to be sure

mis spelling is a headache in Philippine docs

better be prepared than sorry

Good idea to check the BC and CENOMAR for typos!  :thumbs:

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
1 hour ago, Nathalie Benito said:

Hi! Just wanna ask if How many total vaccines will be taken during the medical for fiancé visa and do they also require cbc and blood test? Thank you

On average it varies between 2 - 4  vaccinations.

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/medical---slec.html

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.