LuzyC

Got Puddy Cats!!!

168 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
a good trim is more than acceptable! :thumbs:

Your vet would even be happy to show you what to do if you were nervous or unsure. :star:

i've found my belt sander works real good :thumbs:

Charles...

:bonk:

:lol: hey the hardest part is catching them when that thing is running :hehe:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: hey the hardest part is catching them when that thing is running :hehe:

:lol::lol::lol:

Yeah no wonder....Kitties need some tough love sometimes.....I actually got a picture about something like that, not sure if it would be appropriate to post it :hehe:

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif+3dflags-canqc1-1.gif3Dflags

Removal of Conditions: GC received on 09/17/2009

Application to replace permanent resident cards filed 3/30/2019 (I-90)

Ouch, they must be VERY sharp by now!!!! :hehe:

NO it's not too late!! They are still very young! But I just hope you touch their paws sometimes and they are already used to that!

Good luck ! :thumbs:

Thats the catch there. we never touch or hold thier paws, we do love cuddle them though.. Robin tried before but they quickly take thier paws away..it looks like they are sensitive with that.. :(

I will try hard to trim them of course..thanks so much Marie!

a good trim is more than acceptable! :thumbs:

Your vet would even be happy to show you what to do if you were nervous or unsure. :star:

i've found my belt sander works real good :thumbs:

:lol:

LUZ.gif

Bible.jpgcm66.gifFor my dear Mother - May 10 '44 -Sept 14 '07

Thats the catch there. we never touch or hold thier paws, we do love cuddle them though.. Robin tried before but they quickly take thier paws away..it looks like they are sensitive with that.. :(

I will try hard to trim them of course..thanks so much Marie!

Maybe try for a week or 2 to just start manipulating their paws, massaging them , stroking them so they get used to it. Diesel sometimes fall asleep on him while I am doing a paw massage , I stroke him between his little fingers and he loves it :luv: If you have too much difficulties I suggest you like Mags said to go to your vet so he can show you how and maybe give you tips. Rather that than hurting them. You have to be careful because if you cut too short, then it's going to bleed and the cat will feel like a little pinch and will hate it even more. Happens sometiems when they move too much. So if it's too hard don't do it.

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif+3dflags-canqc1-1.gif3Dflags

Removal of Conditions: GC received on 09/17/2009

Application to replace permanent resident cards filed 3/30/2019 (I-90)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Luz, getting your vet to show you how to clip their nails is a very good idea, especially if you have never done it before. It can be a bit nerve wracking even for those of us who have done it for years. Strangely, one of my hidden talents is trimming cat claws. I actually have friends who wait for me to come visit and make me clip their cats claws for them. :D But even I have once or twice cut into the quick and then felt guilty for days. :crying:

You can also try wrapping them in warm blankets if they get too squirmy for Robin or Gary to hold.

Sara, that photo is too cute for words!

And here is Calvin's latest photo...

CalvinRetouch2.jpg

canadaC.gif - Derek usaCa.gif- KJ

TIMELINE

Civil Ceremony - 02/19/2005

I-130 Mailed Out - 02/25/2005

I-130 NOA1 - 03/04/2005

I-130 Approved - 04/07/2005

Pay I-864 - 05/13/2005

Return I-864 - 07/22/2005 *We mailed in the wrong birth certificate which led to a month or so delay*

Family Ceremony - 10/22/2005

Interview in Montreal - 12/22/2005

Activate Visa - 12/25/2005

Move to Virginia - 04/06/2006

Mailed I-751 - 11/02/2007

Received in Vermont - 11/05/2007

Check Cashed by VSC - 11/09/2007

Received NOA 1 - 11/10/2007

Biometrics - 01/10/2008

Card production ordered - 09/10/2008

Card received! - 09/17/2008

Now on to citizenship...

You can also try wrapping them in warm blankets if they get too squirmy for Robin or Gary to hold.

And here is Calvin's latest photo...

CalvinRetouch2.jpg

Thanks! blankets or thick towels are ready for the girls manicure tomorrow!! :thumbs::D

Did Calvin just pose beside the X' mas tree for pictorial sake? WOW!! priceless !!!! :thumbs::thumbs::luv:

LUZ.gif

Claudeth pesters me all the time about getting an animal! ugh, I don't want no stinking animal in our house. She has humming birds outside, isn't that enough :blink:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Claudeth pesters me all the time about getting an animal! ugh, I don't want no stinking animal in our house. She has humming birds outside, isn't that enough :blink:

Cat didn't stink.. :no: and I know they are the cleanest animal of all animals.. :luv: ( is that the right wording there ? :P )

LUZ.gif

Cat didn't stink.. :no: and I know they are the cleanest animal of all animals.. :luv: ( is that the right wording there ? :P )

My daughter had cats when she lived with me and they were a mess. I even build a cat run with their box outside and it was still stinky in the house. My ex had dogs and really made a mess of the carpets :blink:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Did Calvin just pose beside the X' mas tree for pictorial sake? WOW!! priceless !!!! :thumbs::thumbs::luv:

Yeah, we were pretty amazed when he not only jumped up there, but then stayed and posed as I took about 10 photos. :lol: Needless to say it's now one of our Christmas cards that we are sending out.

Amazment then turned to frustration a few days later when he starting yanking out the lights with his teeth and spitting them on the floor so he could play with them . After putting the !@#$@ lights back on the tree about 5 times, I finally gave up and put it on the highest bookcase we have. So far I don't think he has noticed the tree is up there, but it's up so high that it looses something. :(

We are putting up the big tree this weekend and I have a feeling the ornaments are not going to last long! I have already told Derek that our tree may only have lights on it this year - and Calvin may even try to pull those off! :lol:

Oh well, when I was a kid we had high ceilings and always got a nice big real tree for the corner of the living room. Apparentely it was so real that every year our cat at the time (Jason) would try to climb it, so we actually had to tie it to the walls so he wouldn't pull it down! Ah, he was a great cat! :thumbs:

canadaC.gif - Derek usaCa.gif- KJ

TIMELINE

Civil Ceremony - 02/19/2005

I-130 Mailed Out - 02/25/2005

I-130 NOA1 - 03/04/2005

I-130 Approved - 04/07/2005

Pay I-864 - 05/13/2005

Return I-864 - 07/22/2005 *We mailed in the wrong birth certificate which led to a month or so delay*

Family Ceremony - 10/22/2005

Interview in Montreal - 12/22/2005

Activate Visa - 12/25/2005

Move to Virginia - 04/06/2006

Mailed I-751 - 11/02/2007

Received in Vermont - 11/05/2007

Check Cashed by VSC - 11/09/2007

Received NOA 1 - 11/10/2007

Biometrics - 01/10/2008

Card production ordered - 09/10/2008

Card received! - 09/17/2008

Now on to citizenship...

Yeah, we were pretty amazed when he not only jumped up there, but then stayed and posed as I took about 10 photos. :lol: Needless to say it's now one of our Christmas cards that we are sending out.

Amazment then turned to frustration a few days later when he starting yanking out the lights with his teeth and spitting them on the floor so he could play with them . After putting the !@#$@ lights back on the tree about 5 times, I finally gave up and put it on the highest bookcase we have. So far I don't think he has noticed the tree is up there, but it's up so high that it looses something. :(

We are putting up the big tree this weekend and I have a feeling the ornaments are not going to last long! I have already told Derek that our tree may only have lights on it this year - and Calvin may even try to pull those off! :lol:

Oh well, when I was a kid we had high ceilings and always got a nice big real tree for the corner of the living room. Apparentely it was so real that every year our cat at the time (Jason) would try to climb it, so we actually had to tie it to the walls so he wouldn't pull it down! Ah, he was a great cat! :thumbs:

That is our dilemma ..we are going to put Christmas tree and as restless as our cats are I don't know how long that it last standing :lol::lol:

Calvin's pic is :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: Its a sure winner !!!! gorgeous cat you got there!!!

LUZ.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

When I was growing up we always had cats that were interested in the Christmas tree - used to try to climb it - and at the very least, imitated a present by sleeping underneath the tree among the gifts. My parents always put the tree in the same corner and ran a thing wire from the tree to a cup hook that had been screwed into each wall. We never had the tree fall over.

For those of you with cats who are decorating your trees - do not put the thin tinsel strips on, or put them up high out of reach. If cats play with those and eat them - and once they start to swallow something like that they can't stop until it is all swallowed - the tinsel literally cuts their intestines to pieces. It is very expensive and very painful and often the cat doesn't survive. So - forewarned is forearmed.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!