Moon&Stars

We feel stuck. Help!

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

The past few weeks have been so difficult. My fiancé's father passed away a couple of weeks ago. He has made plans to return to his home country for the final funeral. We moved up our interview date so that we could get that done before he left the country for a couple of months to grieve with his family.

His interview was on Nov 6. It was a difficult & extended interview and we left with a request for more documentation. They kept his passport. Now we are scrambling to obtain the documents needed quickly so he can go home to grieve. We're trying to figure out our options as the documents are proving to be very difficult to obtain. Here are my questions:

1. Can we get the passport back from the embassy if they aren't done with it before he needs to leave the country (Brazil) to go home? He leaves in 2 weeks.

2. Will they keep the file open for a couple of months for him to return to Brazil where he resides after he is done traveling and we can submit the documents then as well as the passport?

3. Could we ship his passport back to the embassy from his home country after he travels there and we obtain the documents for them to complete the visa process and then have them ship the passport back to him in his home country?

4. Any other ideas on how to do this?

On a different note - if anyone has ideas on how to find a police case number that the court can use for looking things up, that would be greatly appreciated. Everyone we have spoken to far seems to think it's not possible. Yet it's required for us to be able to proceed. 

Thank you in advance for your ideas. It's such a hard time and we don't know how to navigate this.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My deepest condolences on your loss. I am confused You say your fiance' had interview 2 days ago so you are submitting more documents. But where is your fiance' now? That's where I am lost. 

1. Can we get the passport back from the embassy if they aren't done with it before he needs to leave the country (Brazil) to go home? He leaves in 2 weeks. Where is he now? he just had interview is he not still in Brazil? And yes you can request your passport back.

2. Will they keep the file open for a couple of months for him to return to Brazil where he resides after he is done traveling and we can submit the documents then as well as the passport? usually when you are in AP they give you the time limit to respond. Email embassy and ask.

3. Could we ship his passport back to the embassy from his home country after he travels there and we obtain the documents for them to complete the visa process and then have them ship the passport back to him in his home country? Email embassy tell your situation. But I am sure when you submit the documents they are asking for you send the passport with them so it's all together.

Don't know what you mean about the police report look up. I assume you are in need of a case file dismissed or complete you need to go to that court house and request it

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Perhaps he can sort out the Police report when he goes home.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Thanks @Boiler and @dwheels76. I apologize for the confusing parts. It's such a mess.

He is still in Brazil, the country he lives in, where he had his interview. He travels home in 2 weeks. I'll check about the deadline and email the embassy to see what options there are for us.

The courthouse is asking for a case number to look-up whatever did or didn't happen, they can't find it without it. We don't have a case number and can't figure out how to obtain one. Unfortunately, it's in a different country than where he lives or his home country so it's not like he can go there himself and figure it out.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Appoint a local lawyer to sort it out?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.