Jen&Cal

Approved !!

79 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey all, 

Congrats on your receiving your visas. I'm wondering if the embassy mails out visas on a specific day during the week. My fiancée had her interview in London on Nov 9 but we are still in administrative processing. We're so close and I'm really tired of waiting, lol. What is taking so long???

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
37 minutes ago, CriscoDisco said:

Hey all, 

Congrats on your receiving your visas. I'm wondering if the embassy mails out visas on a specific day during the week. My fiancée had her interview in London on Nov 9 but we are still in administrative processing. We're so close and I'm really tired of waiting, lol. What is taking so long???

They do not have a certain day of the week. They are not mailed. They are handed over to a courier. 

When she interviewed, were her medical results at the embassy or did a delay happen because they had to wait on results to arrive?

Was she born in the U.K?

Is she Muslim (or her family)?

Does she have travel to the Middle East or other known terrorist  countries?

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

They do not have a certain day of the week. They are not mailed. They are handed over to a courier. 

When she interviewed, were her medical results at the embassy or did a delay happen because they had to wait on results to arrive?

Was she born in the U.K?

Is she Muslim (or her family)?

Does she have travel to the Middle East or other known terrorist  countries?

Her medical results were at the embassy when she interviewed.

She was born in the UK.

She is not Muslim.

She has not been to a Middle East or terrorist country.

My guess is it's taking longer because of Thanksgiving closures at the embassy. She was told after her interview that she passed and should expect her visa in 1-2 weeks. Just seems excessive now compared to others timelines I've seen on here.

19 minutes ago, CriscoDisco said:

My guess is it's taking longer because of Thanksgiving closures at the embassy. She was told after her interview that she passed and should expect her visa in 1-2 weeks. Just seems excessive now compared to others timelines I've seen on here.

My husband interviewed on Nov 21st and his status changed to "issued" today. We are different visa types so I don't want to alarm you, but I'm not sure the delay is due to Thanksgiving...sorry you are going through this.

Timeline
31 minutes ago, CriscoDisco said:

Her medical results were at the embassy when she interviewed.

She was born in the UK.

She is not Muslim.

She has not been to a Middle East or terrorist country.

India, Pakistan? Parents born in UK? A scientist, chemist?

Other than the things that trigger extra security checks, I would have predicted her visa to arrive Nov 16 or 19. It's not Thanksgiving.  

Timeline
18 minutes ago, rmc said:

My husband interviewed on Nov 21st and his status changed to "issued" today. We are different visa types so I don't want to alarm you, but I'm not sure the delay is due to Thanksgiving...sorry you are going through this.

Thanks for your input. I'll have to look into this as to why it's being held up.

3 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

India, Pakistan? Parents born in UK? A scientist, chemist?

Other than the things that trigger extra security checks, I would have predicted her visa to arrive Nov 16 or 19. It's not Thanksgiving.  

None of that stuff and parents are born in UK. I'll have to call them and see if I can figure out what's going on. 

Thanks for all your help!!

Timeline
49 minutes ago, CriscoDisco said:

Thanks for your input. I'll have to look into this as to why it's being held up.

None of that stuff and parents are born in UK. I'll have to call them and see if I can figure out what's going on. 

Thanks for all your help!!

You won't get anywhere on the phone. Use the contact form. https://uk.usembassy.gov/iv-contact/

Timeline
28 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

You won't get anywhere on the phone. Use the contact form. https://uk.usembassy.gov/iv-contact/

Haha. Yeah, I found that out. Submitted the form. Thanks again for your help!

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Hello everyone! Hopefully some people are still active on here! I had my interview jan 2nd - they were awaiting my medical - even though id done that 2 weeks prior to interview haha- but i called on monday and the medical people said theyd sent it that day and yesterday and today i checked ceac and it said our case had been touched today and yesterday.... i suppose what i wanted to ask is how many weeks/ days did you guys wait from interview to passport in hand? Because im MISSING my love AND there are some great flight deals but i dont want to book till im sure i can make it! 

Thanks guys

Timeline
2 hours ago, Mez274 said:

Hello everyone! Hopefully some people are still active on here! I had my interview jan 2nd - they were awaiting my medical - even though id done that 2 weeks prior to interview haha- but i called on monday and the medical people said theyd sent it that day and yesterday and today i checked ceac and it said our case had been touched today and yesterday.... i suppose what i wanted to ask is how many weeks/ days did you guys wait from interview to passport in hand? Because im MISSING my love AND there are some great flight deals but i dont want to book till im sure i can make it! 

Thanks guys

Congratulations!! I don't think it should be weeks (although with holidays who can really say?!). I have dates on my timeline for mine back in September! 

London are pretty quick if everything is straightforward. I would imagine your visa will get issued in next week. Welcome to the US! Although, please tell the beneficiary (if that's your fiance or yourself) to soak up the wonderful UK before they come as it'll be a while before they can visit! AP timelines are not amazing at the moment. I miss it terribly and I've ONLY been here 3 months. PS, don't book until visa in hand and use Norwegian (as you can book 1 way vs 2 ways!), then SW for connections if required :) 

Edited by jakejon

18 hours ago, Mez274 said:

Thanks guys

In my personal case I'm still waiting to get my passport back after having my medical on November 15th & interview on November 26th. My case was approved at interview pending medical results which i know were sent to the embassy on November 22nd (confirmed by Knightsbridge).

I assume everything was fine with them as i haven't been contacted to say otherwise but i haven't had any information to say the embassy received my results (actually emailed them yesterday to see if they could confirm).

My last case update was January 3rd and i've been in 'Ready' on the CEAC page ever since i started checking it on December 5th, I’ve only seen my case update on the following dates - Dec 3rd, Dec 13th (prompted due to email my lawyer sent on my behalf) & Jan 3rd.

Not really sure what the hold up is with my case but assume there is a pretty big backlog of files without medicals on day of interview, i've also seen on here people being handed 221(g) forms for no medical results with their case, for me this wasn't the case.

I'm sure the days the embassy has been closed due to holidays hasn't helped with my particular case, so fingers crossed they start issuing the assumed backlog (no evidence just my assumption) within the coming weeks. My visa type is an Employment based Green Card so i don't know if they get processed differently than K-1's.

Is your current visa status in 'Ready' or 'Administrative Processing'? I'll be interested to see how your case progresses compared with mine. 

Timeline
On 1/10/2019 at 5:32 PM, JPVL said:

In my personal case I'm still waiting to get my passport back after having my medical on November 15th & interview on November 26th. My case was approved at interview pending medical results which i know were sent to the embassy on November 22nd (confirmed by Knightsbridge).

I assume everything was fine with them as i haven't been contacted to say otherwise but i haven't had any information to say the embassy received my results (actually emailed them yesterday to see if they could confirm).

My last case update was January 3rd and i've been in 'Ready' on the CEAC page ever since i started checking it on December 5th, I’ve only seen my case update on the following dates - Dec 3rd, Dec 13th (prompted due to email my lawyer sent on my behalf) & Jan 3rd.

Not really sure what the hold up is with my case but assume there is a pretty big backlog of files without medicals on day of interview, i've also seen on here people being handed 221(g) forms for no medical results with their case, for me this wasn't the case.

I'm sure the days the embassy has been closed due to holidays hasn't helped with my particular case, so fingers crossed they start issuing the assumed backlog (no evidence just my assumption) within the coming weeks. My visa type is an Employment based Green Card so i don't know if they get processed differently than K-1's.

Is your current visa status in 'Ready' or 'Administrative Processing'? I'll be interested to see how your case progresses compared with mine. 

At the moment ours is in administrative processing, it has changed a few times the past few days from AP to ready then back to AP again, i think they've been touching our case or updating it each day except the weekend too, but nothing has actually happened yet, well see tommorow. Im so sorry to hear that yours has taken so long though- i cant imagine- thinking your at the last week or 2 and turns out your waiting through the holidays too! Wishing you Good luck- keep us posted!

On 1/13/2019 at 11:11 PM, Mez274 said:

At the moment ours is in administrative processing, it has changed a few times the past few days from AP to ready then back to AP again, i think they've been touching our case or updating it each day except the weekend too, but nothing has actually happened yet, well see tommorow. Im so sorry to hear that yours has taken so long though- i cant imagine- thinking your at the last week or 2 and turns out your waiting through the holidays too! Wishing you Good luck- keep us posted!

My status changed to Issued this afternoon! Your wish of good luck obviously helped so i will return the favour, hope you get the news you've been waiting for soon!! :D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.