RainbowMonkey

previous residence address

10 posts in this topic

I have lived in 3 different places since after i got my green card. i managed to get and save my current and last residence information (lease, utility bills, letters) to be a supporting document for my I751. The problem is, with my first residence. We lived in my father in-laws' property and we didn't have any rent or utilities that we needed to pay. We also had a mailing address which we used in everything. Now, i don't know how to prove that we lived in that address. I was thinking of getting an affidavit of previous residence but i don't know how to proceed with it. My FIL is always so busy and i doubt he'll have time to help me with this and we live across the country. I need to submit my ROC packet asap. Any tips and suggestions? Thank you!

Edited by RainbowMonkey

N400

Spoiler

Dec 15, 2019 filed N400 online

[Day 0] : Dec 15, 2019 - Received Date

[Day 7] : Dec 21, 2019 - Biometrics scheduled for Jan 7th 2020

[Day 13] Dec 27, 2019 - Early walk in for biometrics

[Day 13] Dec 27, 2019 - Biometrics reviewed

[Day 13] Dec 27, 2019 - Case being actively reviewed

[Day 299] Oct 8, 2020 - Email notification "Interview was scheduled"

[Day 300] Oct 9, 2020 - Interview notice on documents tab. (Nov 12, 2020)

[Day 304] : Oct 13, 2020 - Interview notice came in the mail

[Day 334] : Nov 12, 2020 - Scheduled interview date; Showed up at the office and was told the interview schedule was a 'mistake'

[Day 334] : Nov 12, 2020 - USCIS status: Interview Cancelled

[Day 341] Nov 19, 2020 - Email notification "Interview was scheduled"

[Day 343] Nov 21, 2020 - Interview notice came in the mail

[Day 353] : Dec 1, 2020 - Interview dare, Oath ceremony

[Day 353] : Dec 1, 2020 - FINALLY A US CITIZEN!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Is there a requirement to prove you have lived at each address ?  It appears to me that you have to LIST other places of residence....not PROVE you lived there...

Edited by missileman

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

5 minutes ago, missileman said:

Is there a requirement to prove you have lived at each address ?

No, i just assumed since it says in Page 2, Part 1, Number 22 to provide a list of all the addresses where you have resided since becoming a permanent resident. Does that mean i don't need to provide supporting documents for that? I'm kinda nervous about not giving proof. 🙃

N400

Spoiler

[Day 334] : Nov 12, 2020 - Scheduled interview date; Showed up at the office and was told the interview schedule was a 'mistake'

Timeline
3 minutes ago, RainbowMonkey said:

No, i just assumed since it says in Page 2, Part 1, Number 22 to provide a list of all the addresses where you have resided since becoming a permanent resident. Does that mean i don't need to provide supporting documents for that? I'm kinda nervous about not giving proof. 🙃

You have to LIST your places of residence, not PROVE you lived in each place.  I plan to concentrate on "proving" this:

"Evidence of the Relationship

Submit copies of documents indicating that the marriage upon which you were granted conditional status was entered in “good faith” and was not for the purpose of circumventing immigration laws. Submit copies of as many documents as you can to establish this fact, to demonstrate the circumstances of the relationship from the date of the marriage to the present date, and to demonstrate any circumstances surrounding the end of the relationship, if it has ended. The documents should include, but are not limited to, the following examples:

1. Birth certificates of children born during the time of this marriage, if any;

2. Lease or mortgage contracts showing joint occupancy and/or ownership of your communal residence;

3. Financial records showing joint ownership of assets and joint responsibility for liabilities, such as joint savings and checking accounts with transaction history, complete joint Federal and State tax returns, insurance policies that show the other spouse as the beneficiary, joint utility bills, or joint installment or other loans. If applicable, submit copies of military Leave and Earnings Statements showing receipt of Basic Allowance for Quarters (BAQ) with family members and/or Form DD-1172 for military family member identification cards;

4. Other documents that you consider relevant to establish that your marriage was not entered for the purpose of evading U.S. immigration laws...."

Edited by missileman

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

1 minute ago, missileman said:

You have to LIST your places of residence, not PROVE you lived in each place.  

okay thank you so much!! Sorry i'm being so paranoid while fixing my papers. 

N400

Spoiler

Timeline
1 minute ago, RainbowMonkey said:

okay thank you so much!! Sorry i'm being so paranoid while fixing my papers. 

I am not an expert...just saying how I interpret the instructions...lol

Timeline

This is my logic:  I could live in a dozen places........but proving I lived in each of those places does not provide any evidence about my relationship to my spouse.  However, showing that my spouse and I both lived at the same addresses would be beneficial, imo............good luck to all of us....

4 minutes ago, missileman said:

This is my logic:  I could live in a dozen places........but proving I lived in each of those places does not provide any evidence about my relationship to my spouse.  However, showing that my spouse and I both lived at the same addresses would be beneficial, imo............good luck to all of us....

yes, coz i feel like all my supporting documents are not enough that's why i feel the need to prove our previous residences. So far i have: joint bank accounts, joint credit card statements, joint savings account, car insurance, health insurance, renters insurance, life insurancex3, power of atty, special poa, son's bc, army docs that has my name as spouse, tax returns, rental agreement (current and previous), utilities, random letters, photos and flight records. I still feel paranoid about it. I feel like i'm missing a lot more. 

N400

Spoiler

Timeline
4 minutes ago, RainbowMonkey said:

yes, coz i feel like all my supporting documents are not enough that's why i feel the need to prove our previous residences. So far i have: joint bank accounts, joint credit card statements, joint savings account, car insurance, health insurance, renters insurance, life insurancex3, power of atty, special poa, son's bc, army docs that has my name as spouse, tax returns, rental agreement (current and previous), utilities, random letters, photos and flight records. I still feel paranoid about it. I feel like i'm missing a lot more. 

I think you have very good evidence.  I plan to submit similar documents.  This is my list so far.  We plan to file in March of 2019.

For ROC

1.  Apt lease with both our names & signatures
2.  Joint bank acct with both our names (We have made sure we use both debits cards for every day expenses)
3.  Deed for new home with both our names

4.  Mortgage documents with both our names.
5.  Credit Cards showing both with same card number
6.  Amazon delivery labels showing both names and our current address
7.  Wife's Military Dependent ID card showing me as the sponsor
8.  Tricare health care coverage documents showing both of us as spouses.
9.  Military pay statement showing wife as my benefic.
10.  Health Care proxy statements for each other (Advanced Directives)
11. Texas driver's licenses with same address for both of us
12. Credit Card statement in July 2018 showing both of us as air passengers for a trip to Taiwan
13.  Tax Returns 
14.  Pictures of us on special occasions here in the US.
15.  Car Insurance Cards

3 minutes ago, missileman said:

I think you have very good evidence.  I plan to submit similar documents.  This is my list so far.  We plan to file in March of 2019.

For ROC

1.  Apt lease with both our names & signatures
2.  Joint bank acct with both our names (We have made sure we use both debits cards for every day expenses)
3.  Deed for new home with both our names

4.  Mortgage documents with both our names.
5.  Credit Cards showing both with same card number
6.  Amazon delivery labels showing both names and our current address
7.  Wife's Military Dependent ID card showing me as the sponsor
8.  Tricare health care coverage documents showing both of us as spouses.
9.  Military pay statement showing wife as my benefic.
10.  Health Care proxy statements for each other (Advanced Directives)
11. Texas driver's licenses with same address for both of us
12. Credit Card statement in July 2018 showing both of us as air passengers for a trip to Taiwan
13.  Tax Returns 
14.  Pictures of us on special occasions here in the US.
15.  Car Insurance Cards

Thank you! Hopefully all goes well for us! 

N400

Spoiler

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.