Charming12

I751 supporting documents

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline

Hello VJ Members,

Since I'm gathering all of the supporting documents to file for I751 in 2 months. I have a few problems which are :

1. Our Utility bills that includes electricity+gas from National Grid and our internet +tv (Fios Verizon) does not have my name on it.Eventhough my wife added me in both of the account. Apparently National Grid and Verizon can not put both of our name on bills. I dont know if that could be a issue?

2. We don't have any medical insurance as of now. The last medical insurance from my wife employer we had for was expired in June,2018. Would that be an issue?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

How about listing what "marriage bonfides" (USCIS-speak) evidence you do have, instead of your shortcomings?  If you haven't already, consider getting your wills, power of attorney, etc., prepared. Not only is is good for ROC purposes, but quite useful in real life. Look at the some of the pinned threads with examples of appropriate marriage bonafides and obtain as many of those as you can. 

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Charming12 said:

Hello VJ Members,

Since I'm gathering all of the supporting documents to file for I751 in 2 months. I have a few problems which are :

1. Our Utility bills that includes electricity+gas from National Grid and our internet +tv (Fios Verizon) does not have my name on it.Eventhough my wife added me in both of the account. Apparently National Grid and Verizon can not put both of our name on bills. I dont know if that could be a issue?

2. We don't have any medical insurance as of now. The last medical insurance from my wife employer we had for was expired in June,2018. Would that be an issue?

What else do you have? Cars? Insurance (renters, vehicle, life)? You will also have tax returns filed over the last two or three years....correct? Do you have a living will or powers of attorney? Do you have children together? Bank accounts together?

I do not think not having the same health insurance or cell phone bills would be an issue if you have other solid proof.

But it would be helpful to know what you do have as evidence of a bona fide relationship......

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Many utility companies will only put one name on the bill.  There are several options...

1.  Don't worry about it.

2.  Have the National Grid bill in one of your names and the TV/Internet bill in the other name and send both bills showing you both live at the same address.

3.  If you have a joint cellphone bill, both of your numbers and names should be listed.

We only included the cell phone bill.  But we had LOTS of other evidence.

There seems to be a common misconception that everyone has to send everything on the list of possible evidence or you will get rejected.  You can only send in what you have.  If it is too skinny, you'll have an interview.  That's the only downside.

Good luck in your journey!

Sukie in NY (about 60 miles sound of you)

Spoiler

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline
9 hours ago, janet3 said:

What else do you have? Cars? Insurance (renters, vehicle, life)? You will also have tax returns filed over the last two or three years....correct? Do you have a living will or powers of attorney? Do you have children together? Bank accounts together?

I do not think not having the same health insurance or cell phone bills would be an issue if you have other solid proof.

But it would be helpful to know what you do have as evidence of a bona fide relationship......

Thank you Janet for your reply. 

Yeah we do have everything else except for utilities bills. We live in rental apt with both name on it and tax return for 2017 only as I move to US later 2016 and didn't have a job until May, 2017. We will file it together for 2018 too but it would be too late for I751 processing since its due in 2 months. We have tons of pic together with both of our family. Our child was born earlier this year

Timeline
1 hour ago, Sukie said:

Many utility companies will only put one name on the bill.  There are several options...

1.  Don't worry about it.

2.  Have the National Grid bill in one of your names and the TV/Internet bill in the other name and send both bills showing you both live at the same address.

3.  If you have a joint cellphone bill, both of your numbers and names should be listed.

We only included the cell phone bill.  But we had LOTS of other evidence.

There seems to be a common misconception that everyone has to send everything on the list of possible evidence or you will get rejected.  You can only send in what you have.  If it is too skinny, you'll have an interview.  That's the only downside.

Good luck in your journey!

Sukie in NY (about 60 miles sound of you)

Thank you Sukie for being helpful and supportive. Yeah that sound great.I will include my name on National Grid with my wife name on Verizon.

We just got our own T mobile family plan 2 months ago with both name on it. My only concern is medical insurance as my employer insurance is too expensive and my wife finished her residency in June, 2018 to take care of our 9 months baby. She will apply for job earlier next year and we are hoping to get insurance from her employer but then it will be too late for us to include that in supporting doc. Though,We did have insurace til June,2018. do you think should we include that?

9 hours ago, Pitaya said:

How about listing what "marriage bonfides" (USCIS-speak) evidence you do have, instead of your shortcomings?  If you haven't already, consider getting your wills, power of attorney, etc., prepared. Not only is is good for ROC purposes, but quite useful in real life. Look at the some of the pinned threads with examples of appropriate marriage bonafides and obtain as many of those as you can. 

thank you .will do it

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Charming12 said:

Thank you Sukie for being helpful and supportive. Yeah that sound great.I will include my name on National Grid with my wife name on Verizon.

We just got our own T mobile family plan 2 months ago with both name on it. My only concern is medical insurance as my employer insurance is too expensive and my wife finished her residency in June, 2018 to take care of our 9 months baby. She will apply for job earlier next year and we are hoping to get insurance from her employer but then it will be too late for us to include that in supporting doc. Though,We did have insurace til June,2018. do you think should we include that?

thank you .will do it

Sukie in NY

Spoiler

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.