1,969 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
6 hours ago, cx711s said:

“New card is being produced” !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LIN199007nnnn. 

Omg!!!!

Congrats I like how LIn is moving hope I get some response soon. 

9 hours ago, cx711s said:

“New card is being produced” !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LIN199007nnnn. 

Omg!!!!

Congrats!!! Such good news for you. I have LIN1990071***. Would you mind sharing your next number after 7? 

Is it normal that I never received the extension letter as a November '18 filer? April '19 was the first time I received anything from USCIS after I filed, which was a notice letter informing me that they're going to reuse the biometrics, and then the second time was August '19 when I received the infamous letter: "nevermind, we actually do need your biometrics". I don't really need the extension letter. I understand that the primary use of it would be when traveling, but I don't intend to travel before I receive my 10-year green card. I was wondering if I should call USCIS and inquire about the extension letter, hoping it will make the application move a little faster. Does that help in your experience? Also did anybody not receive their extension letter either? Thanks!

20 minutes ago, yna2015 said:

Is it normal that I never received the extension letter as a November '18 filer? April '19 was the first time I received anything from USCIS after I filed, which was a notice letter informing me that they're going to reuse the biometrics, and then the second time was August '19 when I received the infamous letter: "nevermind, we actually do need your biometrics". I don't really need the extension letter. I understand that the primary use of it would be when traveling, but I don't intend to travel before I receive my 10-year green card. I was wondering if I should call USCIS and inquire about the extension letter, hoping it will make the application move a little faster. Does that help in your experience? Also did anybody not receive their extension letter either? Thanks!

It's normal in the sense that it happens a lot. Some ask for it multiple times and still don't receive it. If you are absolutely sure you won't need it you could consider leaving it alone. There isn't any evidence that I have seen such inquiry would speed up any case.

10 minutes ago, stnblu said:

It's normal in the sense that it happens a lot. Some ask for it multiple times and still don't receive it. If you are absolutely sure you won't need it you could consider leaving it alone. There isn't any evidence that I have seen such inquiry would speed up any case.

Thank you!

Any other cases I should know of where the extension letter would be important other than traveling?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
47 minutes ago, yna2015 said:

Thank you!

Any other cases I should know of where the extension letter would be important other than traveling?

Well I guess if your job is. It asking for an update or you don’t have a DL you should be fine.  Or opening a bank account etc because your state ID would have expired too 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
7 minutes ago, FJ1990 said:

Received, November 6 2018

biometrics, July 25 2019

new card being produced, September 17 2019

status doesn’t change since then

Were you a CR-1 or K-1?

2 minutes ago, FJ1990 said:

CR- 1

Which service center?

AOS from B1/2

05/19/2016: AOS/ EAD/ AP Sent (USPS 2-day priority)

05/21/2016: Packet delivered to Chicago lockbox
05/31/2016: NOA 1 e-notifications x 4 (emails and texts, cheques cashed)
06/03/2016: NOA 1 letters received x 4
06/18/2016: Biometrics letter received (appointment June 30)
06/21/2016: Biometrics early walk in @ USCIS Tukwila (Seattle, WA)

08/11/2016: EAD and AP approved and card ordered.

08/15/2016: EAD/AP Card mailed to me.

08/16/2016: Hard copy NOAs for EAD and AP received

08/17/2016: EAD/AP Card in hand. Received by USPS Priority Mail

11/01/2016: i-485 Status updated to: Interview is Scheduled

12/02/2016: Date of Interview. Tentative approval after interview.

12/05/2016: Case Approved showing on case status online and confirmed by text alert.

12/07/2016: Text to say case has been updated. Case status shows 'Card Mailed'.

12/09/2016: Green Card arrived in the mail.

11/21/2018: Mailed I-751 ROC Packet to Phoenix Lockbox (Divorce Waiver)

11/24/2018: Packet Received by USCIS

11/28/2018: Credit Card Charged by USCIS

02/05/2019: NOA - 18 Month Extension received

04/22/2019: Biometrics Appointment Letter received 

02/27/2020: Approved for 10 Year GC (no interview)

09/07/2021: N400 Online 5 year route

09/07/2021: NOA Actively reviewing case

09/07/2021: Biometrics Reuse notice received 

08/04/2022: Interview and Oath on Same day. 

Now US Citizen 

08/28/2023: I-130 for Ukrainian Spouse

08/31/2023: I-130 Approval Notice

😁Got an email last night at 9pm "New card is being produced". We are so so happy. Service center Nebraska. 

My timeline:

Sent: Nov 1 2018

Received: Nov 6 2018

Receipt/Extension letter: May 2019

Bio app: July 26 2019

Fingerp completed update: July 26

Fingerp completed update again: July 30

Card production: September 20 2019

Good luck to everyone. Approvals are coming yeyyyy

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
25 minutes ago, vintage10 said:

😁Got an email last night at 9pm "New card is being produced". We are so so happy. Service center Nebraska. 

My timeline:

Sent: Nov 1 2018

Received: Nov 6 2018

Receipt/Extension letter: May 2019

Bio app: July 26 2019

Fingerp completed update: July 26

Fingerp completed update again: July 30

Card production: September 20 2019

Good luck to everyone. Approvals are coming yeyyyy

Were you a CR1 or a K1?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.