RayAndKelly

NVC returning file to USCIS (split)

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We received our NOA2 back on 28 Sept.  Unfortunately, I just learned via email that NVC returned our case to USCIS without details why.  I called USCIS this morning and filed a request for followup.  They took my info and filed a service request, advising me that someone from USCIS would contact me and to call back if I did not hear from someone by November 14.

Needless to say, my fiance is going bonkers waiting over there, and I was less than happy as well.

----------------------------------------------------

Dear Sir/Madam:

The National Visa Center (NVC) received your inquiry regarding the immigrant visa petition: MNL(clipped) filed by RAYMOND (clipped) on behalf of CRISNA LYN  (clipped).

We returned immigrant visa petition MNL(clipped) to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). If you have more questions about this case, please contact USCIS.

USCIS CONTACT INFORMATION:

USCIS Receipt Number: WAC(clipped)

Telephone: 1-800-375-5283

Case Number:                  MNL(clipped)

Petitioner's Name:            (clipped), RAYMOND (clipped)

Principal Applicant's Name:   (clipped),CRISNA LYN

Preference Category:          K1

Your Priority Date:           19Mar2018

Foreign State Chargeability:  PHILIPPINES

U.S. EMBASSY

1201 ROXAS BOULEVARD

MANILA

PHILIPPINES

Trace

National Visa Center

Written Inquiry Unit

PAE, Support Contractor

asknvc@state.gov

IMPORTANT:

If your visa petition is currently processing at the National Visa Center, do not let more than one year pass without contacting NVC. If a period of one year passes from the last date of contact (by telephone, mail, or e-mail) with NVC, all submitted fees and documents expire. If this occurs, the fees must be paid again and documents must be resubmitted in order to continue the immigration process.

This email is Sensitive but Unclassified based on the definitions provided in 12 FAM 540.

Any information in this transmission pertaining to the issuance or refusal of visas or permits to enter the United States shall be considered confidential under Section 222(f) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) [8 US C. Section 1202]. Access to and use of such information must be solely for the formulation, amendment, administration, or enforcement of the immigration, nationality, and other laws of the United States under INA 222(f) and as specified in FAM guidance. If you have received such information in error, do not review, retransmit, disclose, disseminate, use, or take any action in reliance upon this information, and contact the sender as soon as possible.

Sent: Tuesday, October 23, 2018 9:55 AM
To: AskNVC
Subject: WAC(clipped)

Requesting NVC case number and status regarding transfer to US Embassy in Manila.

Petitioner:

(clipped), RAYMOND (clipped)

DOB (clipped)

Beneficiary:

(clipped), CRISNA LYN (clipped)

DOB (clipped)

Official - Privacy/PII 

UNCLASSIFIED

07/24/2024: Meet at Cebu City Airport

08/8/2023: Petitioner return to United States

xx/xx/20xx: I-129F sent to USCIS Dallas Lockbox via USPS

xx/xx/20xx: Check was cashed; Received text and email from USCIS; case being transferred to CSC

xx/xx/20xx: NOA1 Hard Copy Received

xx/xx/20xx: NOA2 Email 
xx/xx/20xx: NOA2 Hard Copy Received

xx/xx/20xx: NVC Received I-129F 
xx/xx/20xx: NVC Case Number Received

xx/xx/20xx: NVC affirms case is valid to proceed

xx/xx/20xx: NVC forwards Case to Bogota Embassy (email)

xx/xx/20xx: DS160 Filed online

xx/xx/20xx: Fee paid, interview scheduled for xx xxx, registered for Medical
xx/xx/20xx: Medical day 1

xx/xx/20xx: Medical screen

xx/xx/20xx: Medical day 2

xx/xx/20xx: Medical immunizations
xx/xx/20xx: Interview

xx/xx/20xx: APPROVED!
xx/xx/20xx: Visa in Hand
xx/xx/20xx: POE at Indianapolis Airport

xx/xx/20xx: Married

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Split and moved to NVC, from Monthly Filer thread to reach the proper audience for replies.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline
On 10/30/2018 at 10:34 AM, RayAndCrisnaLyn said:

We received our NOA2 back on 28 Sept.  Unfortunately, I just learned via email that NVC returned our case to USCIS without details why.  I called USCIS this morning and filed a request for followup.  They took my info and filed a service request, advising me that someone from USCIS would contact me and to call back if I did not hear from someone by November 14.

Needless to say, my fiance is going bonkers waiting over there, and I was less than happy as well.

----------------------------------------------------

Dear Sir/Madam:

The National Visa Center (NVC) received your inquiry regarding the immigrant visa petition: MNL(clipped) filed by RAYMOND (clipped) on behalf of CRISNA LYN  (clipped).

We returned immigrant visa petition MNL(clipped) to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). If you have more questions about this case, please contact USCIS.

USCIS CONTACT INFORMATION:

USCIS Receipt Number: WAC(clipped)

Telephone: 1-800-375-5283

Case Number:                  MNL(clipped)

Petitioner's Name:            (clipped), RAYMOND (clipped)

Principal Applicant's Name:   (clipped),CRISNA LYN

Preference Category:          K1

Your Priority Date:           19Mar2018

Foreign State Chargeability:  PHILIPPINES

U.S. EMBASSY

1201 ROXAS BOULEVARD

MANILA

PHILIPPINES

Trace

National Visa Center

Written Inquiry Unit

PAE, Support Contractor

asknvc@state.gov

IMPORTANT:

If your visa petition is currently processing at the National Visa Center, do not let more than one year pass without contacting NVC. If a period of one year passes from the last date of contact (by telephone, mail, or e-mail) with NVC, all submitted fees and documents expire. If this occurs, the fees must be paid again and documents must be resubmitted in order to continue the immigration process.

This email is Sensitive but Unclassified based on the definitions provided in 12 FAM 540.

Any information in this transmission pertaining to the issuance or refusal of visas or permits to enter the United States shall be considered confidential under Section 222(f) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) [8 US C. Section 1202]. Access to and use of such information must be solely for the formulation, amendment, administration, or enforcement of the immigration, nationality, and other laws of the United States under INA 222(f) and as specified in FAM guidance. If you have received such information in error, do not review, retransmit, disclose, disseminate, use, or take any action in reliance upon this information, and contact the sender as soon as possible.

Sent: Tuesday, October 23, 2018 9:55 AM
To: AskNVC
Subject: WAC(clipped)

Requesting NVC case number and status regarding transfer to US Embassy in Manila.

Petitioner:

(clipped), RAYMOND (clipped)

DOB (clipped)

Beneficiary:

(clipped), CRISNA LYN (clipped)

DOB (clipped)

Official - Privacy/PII 

UNCLASSIFIED

It happened to us before and it was not only once but twice that NVC returned our paper to USCIS what we did is we asked help from our Congressman and after 2 weeks our papers is in US Embassy Manila already.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Took our case to our US Senator.  Within a week, we magically got new NOA re-affirmation notice from USCIS.  A month delay, but back on track.

07/24/2024: Meet at Cebu City Airport

08/8/2023: Petitioner return to United States

xx/xx/20xx: I-129F sent to USCIS Dallas Lockbox via USPS

xx/xx/20xx: Check was cashed; Received text and email from USCIS; case being transferred to CSC

xx/xx/20xx: NOA1 Hard Copy Received

xx/xx/20xx: NOA2 Email 
xx/xx/20xx: NOA2 Hard Copy Received

xx/xx/20xx: NVC Received I-129F 
xx/xx/20xx: NVC Case Number Received

xx/xx/20xx: NVC affirms case is valid to proceed

xx/xx/20xx: NVC forwards Case to Bogota Embassy (email)

xx/xx/20xx: DS160 Filed online

xx/xx/20xx: Fee paid, interview scheduled for xx xxx, registered for Medical
xx/xx/20xx: Medical day 1

xx/xx/20xx: Medical screen

xx/xx/20xx: Medical day 2

xx/xx/20xx: Medical immunizations
xx/xx/20xx: Interview

xx/xx/20xx: APPROVED!
xx/xx/20xx: Visa in Hand
xx/xx/20xx: POE at Indianapolis Airport

xx/xx/20xx: Married

14 hours ago, RayAndCrisnaLyn said:

Took our case to our US Senator.  Within a week, we magically got new NOA re-affirmation notice from USCIS.  A month delay, but back on track.

Wow!! How wonderful!!! Did they explain why the case was sent back to USCIS in the first place? Congrats nonetheless!!! 👏👏👏

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.