MattyUKtoUS

AOS i-693 handed in at point of entery?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey folks.

I have a possible dilemma regarding my AOS - When I flew into Chicago the officer took that document from me that said "Must be hand carried" there was some confusion with the guy who at first told me I did not have the right paperwork as the envelope should have been orange.

Long story short, I now see that it says I need to provide a sealed medical record, but I thought that was part of what I had when I was in the UK with the whole seeing an immigration doctor and having them do all the tests and such. 

As you can imagine, I am a little confused. I wonder if someone could clear this up for me as I am stressing out a little bit regarding this. 

2018-08-15 07.36.10.jpg

5 minutes ago, MattyUKtoUS said:

Hey folks.

I have a possible dilemma regarding my AOS - When I flew into Chicago the officer took that document from me that said "Must be hand carried" there was some confusion with the guy who at first told me I did not have the right paperwork as the envelope should have been orange.

Long story short, I now see that it says I need to provide a sealed medical record, but I thought that was part of what I had when I was in the UK with the whole seeing an immigration doctor and having them do all the tests and such. 

As you can imagine, I am a little confused. I wonder if someone could clear this up for me as I am stressing out a little bit regarding this. 

2018-08-15 07.36.10.jpg

The sealed medical record was INSIDE the sealed packet that you gave to the IO at your POE. They took it and will send it to USCIS so it will be with your file when you apply for AOS exempting you from having to redo your medical provided your tests came back in the clear and provided that you received all of your vaccinations AND provided you submit your AOS application within 365 days of the day your medical exam took place.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

THANK YOU!!! I am just finishing off my AOS now and that was mentioned in the checklists I was reading but I was struggling to find info that countered it. 

Have a great day!

Matt

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

You only receive an i-693 if you have your medical done within the US.

If you have a medical done abroad you don't get an i-693. You do get a copy of the vaccination work sheet, called DS-3025, that you send in with your AOS application.

The results of the medical itself should've been in the sealed envelope that you handed over at POE.

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
13 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

The sealed medical record was INSIDE the sealed packet that you gave to the IO at your POE. They took it and will send it to USCIS so it will be with your file when you apply for AOS exempting you from having to redo your medical provided your tests came back in the clear and provided that you received all of your vaccinations AND provided you submit your AOS application within 365 days of the day your medical exam took place.

that's new to me. i thought they give you back everything and we include it in our packet when we file for AOS. Isn't that one of the sheets you include when we file?

AOS/EAD/AP ->: 11/29/18 - NOA1: 12/04/18

Biometric NOA:  12/14/18  Biometric Appt: 12/26/18

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview: 1/16/19

EAD/AP approval: 3/18/19

AOS Interview Appt: 6/4/19

AOS Interview: 7/10/19

AOS Approved: 7/23/19

GREEN CARD IN HAND: 7/26/19

"It's true, we don't have it as easy as ordinary couples. But this is no ordinary love"

1 hour ago, Lebanese23 said:

that's new to me. i thought they give you back everything and we include it in our packet when we file for AOS. Isn't that one of the sheets you include when we file?

No. "They" (the IO at CBP) does not give you back anything. What I stated above is correct. 

YOU will already have a photocopy of the Vaccination Record (DS3025) from your overseas medical. That is what you are expected to photocopy and send with your AOS application.

Have you entered the US already?

Do you not have your personal copy of the DS3025?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
2 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

No. "They" (the IO at CBP) does not give you back anything. What I stated above is correct. 

YOU will already have a photocopy of the Vaccination Record (DS3025) from your overseas medical. That is what you are expected to photocopy and send with your AOS application.

Have you entered the US already?

Do you not have your personal copy of the DS3025?

he will enter this Wednesday and yes he has a photocopy. the only shot he didn't take is flu shot(his medical was September 4), you think he has to still go to CS to complete it? or is that optional?

AOS/EAD/AP ->: 11/29/18 - NOA1: 12/04/18

Biometric NOA:  12/14/18  Biometric Appt: 12/26/18

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview: 1/16/19

EAD/AP approval: 3/18/19

AOS Interview Appt: 6/4/19

AOS Interview: 7/10/19

AOS Approved: 7/23/19

GREEN CARD IN HAND: 7/26/19

"It's true, we don't have it as easy as ordinary couples. But this is no ordinary love"

24 minutes ago, Lebanese23 said:

he will enter this Wednesday and yes he has a photocopy. the only shot he didn't take is flu shot(his medical was September 4), you think he has to still go to CS to complete it? or is that optional?

I was in the same boat.

As long as he received his medical during non flu season, he satisfied all of the he vaccination requirements for non flu season. It does not matter that when he applies for AOS it WILL be flu season. 

He will only have to see a civil surgeon if REQUIRED to by a IO AFTER  his AOS interview. They have the final say and may only approve the GC if you do what they say.

Until then he is fine to only submit a photocopy of his copy of the DS3025 with his AOS package.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.