proudtobabritgirl

Approved! How do I know when passport is ready?

11 posts in this topic

I just had my interview and I was approved! 

I was so excited I forgot to ask, how do they notify you when your passport is ready to be picked up from th courier I selected? 

Do they email or call? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Hey, they don't notify you. They do update the CEAC case tracker. Here was my experience after the interview. I was so excited, I did not ask when my passport would be ready as well. By the way, I'm from Singapore. It may be slower or faster for you.

On 5/2/2018 at 7:24 AM, AL-MJD said:

Update

Interview done on 24th April. The consulate officer approved my visa.

Fast-forward 2nd May, I just received my passport with visa and a sealed package this afternoon via Aramex home-delivery. This came with a notice NOT to open the sealed package and stated that it can only be opened by customs or public health officers. 

EXTRA INFO

After the interview, I checked CEAC status case tracker (https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?eQs=WwjqOlbeRYzCYubaSQI+RA==) daily. 

On Interview day 24/4, Case Last Updated changed from 19-MAR-2018 -- this was when Embassy received case from NVC and was ready to interview me -- to 24-Apr-2018, status still "Ready".

On 27/4, the Case Created and Case Last Updated both changed to 27-Apr-2018, with status reading "Application Received". On 30/4, the Case Last Updated changed to 30-Apr-2018, status now reading "Issued". Aramex delivered my passport and package on 2nd May.

Something to note, the visa in my passport reads an issued date of 30APR2018 and 1st May is a Singaporean public holiday Labour Day. I read some posts here that Singapore visa applicants could pick-up their passports one day after approval, whereas home delivery takes 3-5 working days. I'm trying to state that I effectively received my passport through home-delivery within one working day from the Issued Date as well. I don't know whether it's the same thing. #shrugs

I will only be travelling after the fasting month, which is 16th June earliest. You will find another review about my point-of-entry experience then.

Good luck and may your journey after NOA2 be as smooth as mine. xx

Congratulations!!! 🎉 🎉🎉 I’m so happy for you 😆 I got an email with a tracking number it’s all very straight forward.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

In London, about 2days after CEAC says "issued" you'll get an email to track your delivery with DX. Normal delivery is one day after your email.

5 hours ago, Sackeys_2016 said:

What were some of the questions asked?

I didn't feel like, invasive questions. The guy interviewing me was super friendly and it was just like we were having a general conversation. He asked where my husband lived, if he grew up in the same city. He also asked how we met and what we both did for work. He also asked about a funny photo we submitted in our evidence of relationship photos. He was then joking with me as I accidentally submitted a work bill when I uploaded my civil documents from my work computer. 

But overall super fast, friendly and I actually quite enjoyed the experience. 

3 hours ago, Tristan1978 said:

Congratulations!!! 🎉 🎉🎉 I’m so happy for you 😆 I got an email with a tracking number it’s all very straight forward.

Thanks so much! Glad it's all done with! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Congratulations!!!! I’m a K1-er but always delighted to see approvals!! Enjoying every moment in the beautiful UK. My CEAC turned to issued 3 days after my interview. So it shouldn’t be long for yours. Enjoy your POE!!! 🎉🙌🇺🇸

Edited by jakejon

It has changed to issued already. Does that mean I will be hearing from the courier soon? I'm so eager to book my flight whilst the prices are still so cheap haha 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 minute ago, proudtobabritgirl said:

It has changed to issued already. Does that mean I will be hearing from the courier soon? I'm so eager to book my flight whilst the prices are still so cheap haha 

See a post up about four. Have you forgotten already?

Just now, Wuozopo said:

See a post up about four. Have you forgotten already?

Ah yes sorry! Awesome thanks and thank you for the California driving link, very informative.

I got my passport today! Wahoo! Visa is inside the passport looking all official and lovely. 

I'm just going to ask the question even though I know the answer, but I need to be 💯 sure. 

I did not receive a packet with the passport, this is because I did everything via electronic processing right? So I'm all good to get on that plane and rock up with just my passport ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.