LinG2018

No biometrics appointment for almost 2 months

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Received NOA's dated the last week of August and still haven't gotten a bio metric notice.  Based off other forums and track it seems like dates the week before and after have been functioning as normal and have received biometric notices. 

I called Oct 3rd, they submitted a service request and told me to wait another 15 to 30 days for response.

Case history shows that

"On October 15, 2018, your inquiry about a notice that you did not receive, referral number T1D************* was assigned to an officer for response."

and"As of October 16, 2018, your inquiry about a notice that you did not receive, referral number T1D*************, is currently not assigned for processing."

Does anyone have any idea what's going on? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Do an infopass at your local USCIS office and find out what is going on. This sounds very unusual

8/7/2017                    NOA-1

3/1/2018                    NOA-2

3/15/2018                  NVC case received

3/22/2018                  NVC case assigned

3/23/2018                  Consulate ready

4/11/2018                  Medical

4/17/2018                  Visa Approved

4/24/2018                  Visa on hand

5/23/2018                  Point of Entry ATL

5/24/2018                  Marriage license, officiant and certificate / applied for SS#

5/31/2018                  AOS/AP/EAD

6/7/2018                    email notification of NOA-1

6/11/2018                  NOA-1 hard copies for AOS/EAD/AP

6/27/2018                  Biometrics for AOS/EAD

7/7/2018                    ready to be scheduled for interview

7/11/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (email from USCIS)

8/22/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (same email again)

9/5/2018                     We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is getting boring!!!)

10/3/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is insanity, 4th time while some got GC)

10/17/2018                After 136 days of wait in HELL, finally EAD in production

10/21/2018                Card was mailed to me, and yes it said so on a Sunday night, while Vj-ing

10/22/2018                Card was picked up by the USPS

10/24/2018                EAD in hand. F%^&& finally

12/28/2018                Interview has been scheduled. Waiting for notification with date by snail mail

Timeline
30 minutes ago, Alabamak1 said:

Do an infopass at your local USCIS office and find out what is going on. This sounds very unusual

My local filed office is DC office. There are never days available for people to schedule infopass. I have checked a million times lol

Edited by sysulin1210

24 minutes ago, sysulin1210 said:

My local filed office is DC office. There are never days available for people to schedule infopass. I have checked a million times lol

Try checking at midnight and early morning hours (6 AM).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi sysulin1210,

I have pretty much the same timeline as you! My NOA date is the 30th of August. So far I haven't received a Biometrics Appointment letter yet. 

I also did a service request on the 3rd of October. However, this request seems rather useless. I went to an Infopass appointment. The officee there was very nice. However, he also couldn't explain me the whole process of USCIS in Missouri. Nevertheless he could ensure me that no letter was lost in the mail....an idea of him was that they might use the biometrics which they took overseas. For me that would be Frankfurt, Germany. Fortunately, the papers are processing anyways....

Keep me posted about your Infopass appointment. Maybe your officer knows more! :)

@sysulin1210  and @Da&Ma maybe we should open up a club! I was just counting the weeks because it seemed oddly long and then i started researching very nervous.

I got my Receipt notice on the 31st of August and i am also still checking the mailbox 10 times a day.

Just wanted to let you guys know that you are not alone. 

PS: Da&Ma, High five from one German to another! Halte durch! Wir schaffen das!

Timeline

Our NOA 1 from August 28th still waiting for biometric appointment, did service request almost two weeks ago still waiting for reply but what I’m worry is my status changed on September 20th to “ your case is ready to be scheduled for an interview “ I wonder how it could be ready without fingerprint 🤔

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Anuta_snowy said:

Our NOA 1 from August 28th still waiting for biometric appointment, did service request almost two weeks ago still waiting for reply but what I’m worry is my status changed on September 20th to “ your case is ready to be scheduled for an interview “ I wonder how it could be ready without fingerprint 🤔

At least you got a status change. Mine is still " Fingerprint fee received" lol

Timeline
6 hours ago, Da&Ma said:

Hi sysulin1210,

I have pretty much the same timeline as you! My NOA date is the 30th of August. So far I haven't received a Biometrics Appointment letter yet. 

I also did a service request on the 3rd of October. However, this request seems rather useless. I went to an Infopass appointment. The officee there was very nice. However, he also couldn't explain me the whole process of USCIS in Missouri. Nevertheless he could ensure me that no letter was lost in the mail....an idea of him was that they might use the biometrics which they took overseas. For me that would be Frankfurt, Germany. Fortunately, the papers are processing anyways....

Keep me posted about your Infopass appointment. Maybe your officer knows more! :)

Haven't gotten a chance to schedule an infopass appointment yet. DC filed office is always not available, or I always go to bed early than midnight and get up later than 6 am in the morning lol. Anyway, I will keep you posted. No worries.

By the way, do you think it necessary to call USCIS to ask about the service request? I know I will probably be told to keep waiting but I really dont want to just sit and wait.

Edited by sysulin1210

Timeline
6 hours ago, Zebrasteve said:

@sysulin1210  and @Da&Ma maybe we should open up a club! I was just counting the weeks because it seemed oddly long and then i started researching very nervous.

I got my Receipt notice on the 31st of August and i am also still checking the mailbox 10 times a day.

Maybe you can try to sign up for USPS Informed Delivery, that's helpful for you to know what's coming in your mailbox ahead of time, so you dont have to check your mailbox 10 times a day. Actually now waiting for the USPS email digest in the morning is one of my favorites.

Edited by sysulin1210

Timeline
On 10/25/2018 at 11:14 AM, Zebrasteve said:

Sehr gut zu wissen dass ich nicht der einzige Deutsche bin! :)

Any updates on your appointment letters? I read that you can contact USCIS after 30 days after the service request was requested but not processed.

Please let me know when you receive any updates!

Thanks! :)

Timeline

Hi Zebrasteve,

Congrats! I also received my biometrics letter a few days ago! Unfortunately, I didn't post the news in this thread but in the thread for the AOS August filers. It seemed like that all late August filers had to wait especially long for the biometrics. Hopefully the rest of the process will be smoothly.

And as you said....wir schafffen das ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
On 10/25/2018 at 9:46 AM, Da&Ma said:

Hi sysulin1210,

Which is your local office in Missouri? Seems like everything is slowing down :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.