payxibka

Petition approved

104 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 10/23/2018 at 4:08 PM, John & Rose said:

I'm hoping to stop after my second petition!  I think they already know you so it moved quickly.  I can't wait to hear all the complaining because it only took you 5 months!  This is going to be fun...

This puts you in a very special class of people.  You have just received your Phd in K-1 

Jesus! You both have done more than 1, 3 = $1500, 2 is 1000, i'm not that rich lol

Hopefully one is all I will need

3 minutes ago, EliAnon said:

Jesus! You both have done more than 1, 3 = $1500, 2 is 1000, i'm not that rich lol

I'm sure we all felt that way when we started))))

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

Timeline
On 10/24/2018 at 3:55 PM, Hank_ said:

You need proof of having MET IN PERSON WITHIN TWO YEARS OF FILING THE I-129F PETITION, and you are BOTH free to marry.    Pictures from 2014-15 have no value for the petition process.

This adds nothing for the I-129F petition either as it doesn't prove you met in person within the required time frame, nor that you are free to marry. >>  ..  all the screenshots of our skype, text messages, facebook conversation   <<   Save it for the interview. 

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/i-129f-petition-process.html

I have been sending my fiancee some cash for the last year. In my petition I included my western union receipts? Is that a bad thing or a good thing.... 😮

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, EliAnon said:

I'm showing my age but back in the day the I-129f was $185

Just now, EliAnon said:

I have been sending my fiancee some cash for the last year. In my petition I included my western union receipts? Is that a bad thing or a good thing.... 😮

Neither but I don't understand why anyone would do that 

YMMV

Timeline
1 minute ago, boris64 said:

I'm sure we all felt that way when we started))))

That literally is making me nauseous..... I am praying so hard we get our on the first go round. We used no other help, I/we are doing it ourselves (and this site of course) lol

7 minutes ago, EliAnon said:

$1,605 for USCIS to get us started!

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
Just now, payxibka said:

I'm showing my age but back in the day the I-129f was $185

Neither but I don't understand why anyone would do that 

hahaha uhhhh, Not really sure but reading all the legal instructions it seemed like a good idea at the time.. I included receipts from restaurants when I was there with her, hotel receipts, itinerarys, anything that could help prove we were in a real relationship and have met, I included. I included to much 'proof' to be completely honest. Hope I didnt screw up

Timeline
Just now, EliAnon said:

hahaha uhhhh, Not really sure but reading all the legal instructions it seemed like a good idea at the time.. I included receipts from restaurants when I was there with her, hotel receipts, itinerarys, anything that could help prove we were in a real relationship and have met, I included. I included to much 'proof' to be completely honest. Hope I didnt screw up

Well proof of a relationship is not a requirement to get the petition approved.  

YMMV

Timeline
1 minute ago, payxibka said:

Well proof of a relationship is not a requirement to get the petition approved.  

Right, but these are in the instructions:

• Photographs.
  • Proof that you and your fiancé(e) have met in person within two years before filing Form I-129F.

So I was like, I will put in a good amount of proof of having met her in the last two years, and photos of us etc. So the receipts, and all that stuff was kind of excessive, but it was for those reqs.... 😐 Well hopefully it doesn't matter either way, I always though more is better than less.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, EliAnon said:

• Photographs.
  • Proof that you and your fiancé(e) have met in person within two years before filing Form I-129F.

So I was like, I will put in a good amount of proof of having met her in the last two years, and photos of us etc. So the receipts, and all that stuff was kind of excessive, but it was for those reqs.... 😐 Well hopefully it doesn't matter either way, I always though more is better than less.

Not necessarily.   Sometimes too much might cause the adjudicator to miss something that is a requirement due to an overwhelming amount of paper or infuse so much data that causes questions. 

YMMV

9 minutes ago, EliAnon said:

• Photographs.

It can backfire if the amount and frequency makes the adjudicator believe it is more of a financial relationship and not a romantic one.  It was not required as proof so sending that (depending on the amount) may or may not raise a red flag.  It is always best to give them exactly what they ask for.  I dont think it will hurt but it probably won't help.

If I were an adjudicator looking at thousands of these files a month I would love to see some just do what is asked for!

Edited by John & Rose

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
1 minute ago, John & Rose said:

It can backfire if the amount and frequency makes the adjudicator believe it is more of a financial relationship and not a romantic one.  It was required as proof so sending that (depending on the amount) may or may not raise a red flag.  It is always best to give them exactly what they ask for.  I dont think it will hurt but it probably won't help.

It won't backfire at the petition stage because that is not a conclusion the uscis makes

YMMV

Just now, payxibka said:

It won't backfire at the petition stage because that is not a conclusion the uscis makes

Good point.  It is just extra paper they have to deal with.  

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
2 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Good point.  It is just extra paper they have to deal with.  

But all of that fluff gets sent to the embassy and it is additional ####### that they must also sort through and based on other factors the embassy could make such a conclusion.  The receipts standing alone shouldn't but after reviewing the totality of the situation,  who knows 

YMMV

Timeline
19 minutes ago, EliAnon said:

• Photographs.

My petition included:

Boarding passes to cebu (check)

Admission stamp in passport (check)

Boarding passes for a flight to palawan in adjoining seats (check, three pieces of evidence and I have met the requirement)

One photo of us in front of the entrance to the underground river (checkmate)

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.