11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi!

My husband is Colombian but he lived in Panama for 6 months. He needs the Police certificate from this country. Any idea how to obtain this document from abroad. Please!!

His visa category  is IR5.

Thanks!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Best information for immigration purposes is always to check the Dept of State info pages on this, especially as some countries have more than one type and some are not acceptable for immigration. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Panama.html

Timeline
10 hours ago, adil-rafa said:

https://www.fingerprintexpert.in/police-clearance-certificate-pcc-from-panama.html

Best information to be found is from Panama itself

Thanks for the information!

Timeline
8 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

Best information for immigration purposes is always to check the Dept of State info pages on this, especially as some countries have more than one type and some are not acceptable for immigration. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Panama.html

Hi! 

You are right! We checked the exact document need it from this specific country for the interview on this NVC website. But the problem is to get this document from abroad. On Monday, I will call an attorney in Panama to verify how to obtain this document. I hope to have it before the interview. I think this is the only option at this point because will be the faster way to get it. Our interview is on November 14 and we cannot waste anytime  Thanks a lot!

Timeline

For the help of others in the same situation!!

The cost of having a Police Certificate is free at DIJ (direccion de investigacion Judicial), but the cost for international purpose is $9.00 at Ministry of foreign affairs (Ministerio de relaciones exteriores). We contacted an attorney in Panama and the cost for doing this procedure is $250.00.  Fortunately,  this procedure can be done by any authorized person by my husband. A very good friend, will do this process in these coming days, after my husband send the authorization to Panama. We hope to get this document on time for the interview. I will keep posting any advance... to help others in the same situation.

Timeline
On 10/24/2018 at 9:05 AM, Bmc&Cah said:

For the help of others in the same situation!!

The cost of having a Police Certificate is free at DIJ (direccion de investigacion Judicial), but the cost for international purpose is $9.00 at Ministry of foreign affairs (Ministerio de relaciones exteriores). We contacted an attorney in Panama and the cost for doing this procedure is $250.00.  Fortunately,  this procedure can be done by any authorized person by my husband. A very good friend, will do this process in these coming days, after my husband send the authorization to Panama. We hope to get this document on time for the interview. I will keep posting any advance... to help others in the same situation.

Finally,  we decided as a last option to request the police certificate from Panama's Embassy in Bogota. My husband went to the embassy in Bogota and did request the police certificate from this country. We need to call at the embassy next week to find out if the document is ready. If is it, then our friend needs to pick up the document in Panama at 

"Departamento de Legalizaciones" Ave. Ricardo J. Alfaro. Tumba Muertos. Arriba del Banco Nacional del Dorado

(507) 511-4045/4046/4060

Then, he needs to send the documet to my husband in Colombia. We hope to have it ready for the interview.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Thanks GOD our friends in Panama was able to pick up the Police Certificate for my husband in Panama. Today he will send it to Colombia. I hope that my husband can received tomorrow so can bring it at the interview on Wednesday. I share this if anyone need information in how to obtain the document from abroad.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Panama
Timeline
On 11/12/2018 at 2:54 PM, Bmc&Cah said:

Thanks GOD our friends in Panama was able to pick up the Police Certificate for my husband in Panama. Today he will send it to Colombia. I hope that my husband can received tomorrow so can bring it at the interview on Wednesday. I share this if anyone need information in how to obtain the document from abroad.

Hello o hope all went well with your interview what is the authentication called at the ministerio that costs $9? My fiancé is trying to get this and someone told him $65.  He is Colombian but living in Panama. Thanks so much! Nina 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Ninaav said:

Hello o hope all went well with your interview what is the authentication called at the ministerio that costs $9? My fiancé is trying to get this and someone told him $65.  He is Colombian but living in Panama. Thanks so much! Nina 

hi!

If he lives is Panama, he needs to go to any DIJ direccion de investigacion Judicial  he doesn't need to pay is free. He will need to bring his passport. Then he needs  bring this document to Ministry of foreign affairs (Ministerio de relaciones exteriores) and pay  $9.00 in total "Departamento de Legalizaciones" Ave. Ricardo J. Alfaro. Tumba Muertos. Arriba del Banco Nacional del Dorado

(507) 511-4045/4046/4060

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.