CWiggin

I-551 Green Card Not Received Over 120Days

163 posts in this topic

On 1/24/2020 at 2:45 PM, Sharon & Thomas said:

Thank you for reply. That’s one of my family’s wedding. I can’t postpone my trip, I guess I will just wait. So annoying Sigh

I did make an International trip without my green card and there was absolutely no issue. While boarding and at layover airport they asked me for physical packet but I explained them that my packet was electronic and it has been processed already and I am waiting for my physical green card. Only thing is that you need to be prepared for Secondary inspection after landing in US and reason of your travel. 

Edited by MK2803

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 minute ago, MK2803 said:

I did make an International trip without my green card and there was absolutely no issues. Only thing is that you need to be prepared for Secondary inspection after landing in US and reason of your travel. 

Thank you for letting me know this information. However, I do hope I can receive my green card before the trip as today is already 130 days after POE. So frustrated of waiting....

Just now, Sharon & Thomas said:

Thank you for letting me know this information. However, I do hope I can receive my green card before the trip as today is already 130 days after POE. So frustrated of waiting....

I have noticed this problem  is  coming to those who had electronic visa packet not physical one  during poe.

2 minutes ago, Sharon & Thomas said:

1 minute ago, Sharon & Thomas said:

Timeline
1 minute ago, HARPSINGH said:

I have noticed this problem  is  coming to those who had electronic visa packet not physical one  during poe.

Yes, and I already have work now. I won’t have time to schedule infopass and call USCIS all the time just because their delay procedure. 😡😡

3 minutes ago, HARPSINGH said:

Usually ,people recieve card within 15 days after they  made enquiry with uscis.

Hope you will get soon.

1 minute ago, Sharon & Thomas said:

Yes, and I already have work now. I won’t have time to schedule infopass and call USCIS all the time just because their delay procedure. 😡😡

3 minutes ago, Sharon & Thomas said:

But you must call them and submit enquiry on phone or you can submit enquiry online.Otherwise there system wont show that you havent recieved the card.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, HARPSINGH said:

But you must call them and submit enquiry on phone or you can submit enquiry online.Otherwise there system wont show that you havent recieved the card.

Thank you. I have a referral number T1B*********** that they gave me after we called last Tuesday. But until today my status is still showing “payment received” . I will wait until next Wednesday if any change. 

Timeline
Just now, HARPSINGH said:

Looks like they havent started yet,,You can call them and ask the meaning of this thing for clarification.

Yeah. Tomorrow is the exactly 14 days which they’re supposed to response. So disappointed. 

I am in the same situation now from Taiwan as well. I made my service request over the phone on 1/17/2020 but the case is still not assigned for processing at this moment. I called the help center many times after I made the request and all the answers I got is "an officer will respond to you within 30 days of the request." So all I can do now is wait... I am not sure why they told you will get your response within 14 days?? Anyways let's hope we will get our card soon too. 🙏 Keep me updated :)

Edited by tyz

Hi guys I wanted to share my green card process with you. So June 2019 I got my immigrant visa and 24th of June I got my visa i551 stamp endorsed and I have already paid before I entered USA, so now it has been like 235 days and still no change of my green card process It says in processing and they have received my payment. December 24 I received mail that  my Visa Package got lost at POE. So I scheduled an appointment at USCIS Baltimore at January 23rd I went there had my 2 passport pics and birth certificates and everything else. So the officer filed for me the I89 form and she said I have no clue when you’ll receive your gc. Anyway it has been 12 days today and still nothing has changed. Hopefully it comes soon, waiting patiently like always 😑 I’ll let u know when it arrives. Thank you 

Keeping an eye on this thread! Still waiting on the green card as well. They told us to call back after 14 days, we're a week away before we have to make that secondary phone call.

Friday, August 10th, 2018 - Mailed I-130

Friday, August 24th, 2018 - Remailed I-130

Wednesday, August 29th, 2018 - Available for Pickup

Wednesday, August 29th, 2018 - Picked up

Friday, August 31st, 2018 - Payment Accepted

Tuesday, September 4th, 2018 - NOA1

Tuesday, April 16th, 2019 - NOA2 (USPS Mail)

Monday, April 22nd, 2019 - Sent to USCIS (Status Available Online)

Monday, May 20th, 2019 - NVC Case Number Generated

Monday, May 20th, 2019 - AOS/IV Paid

Wednesday, May 22nd, 2019 - Payment Received

Monday, June 3rd, 2019 - Documents Submitted

Thursday, June 20th, 2019 - (RFE) Issues with Documents

Thursday, June 27th, 2019 - Documents Re-submitted

Friday, July 19th, 2019 - Documents Qualified

Monday, August 19th, 2019 - Interview Letter
Tuesday, September 3rd, 2019 - Interview Date

Friday, September 6th, 2019 - Visa Pickup From Document Service Center

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.