Dradek

Rescheduling AOS Interview

30 posts in this topic

59 minutes ago, NovaDC said:

Use your own judgment on that. If that falls to the category of being sick or emergency then go on reschedule  your appointment. 

Well I am sick but it's not emergency surgery. We have been waiting 14 months for the AOS interview and I have been sick for 7. This isn't minor surgery either and I'm torn. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Interviews like these come once in a lifetime. Millions dream of getting one. I would take the first opportunity and go to this interview. 

15 minutes ago, Visitor User said:

Interviews like these come once in a lifetime. Millions dream of getting one. I would take the first opportunity and go to this interview. 

I know right..!! We are postponing the trip. 

14 hours ago, Visitor User said:

My surgery is once in a lifetime too. I'll finally be med-free and healthy in 16 years. I don't know how to decide. 

Edited by little immigrant

1 hour ago, little immigrant said:

My surgery is once in a lifetime too. I'll finally be med-free and healthy in 16 years. I don't know how to decide. 

Surgery is different than a trip abroad. So I would change it if it was because of a surgery but not a vacation. 

Also to think about to is we have had people given a time to reschedule due to a trip and somehow or another they end up being denied AOS. All because one side did not convey to the other side that interview was rescheduled and so the person was denied for not going to the interview. 

I know its messed up but we have seen it on here. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, little immigrant said:

Is that your situation now?

Timeline
8 minutes ago, little immigrant said:

yes

Can it wait after the interview? Or will it dramatically effect your long term health? 

Maybe, you can do an Infopass and let them know your situation. 

Edited by Visitor User

25 minutes ago, Visitor User said:

Can it wait after the interview? Or will it dramatically effect your long term health? 

Maybe, you can do an Infopass and let them know your situation. 

I need to get my colon completely removed. My surgeon said it's rotten. I have constant diarrhea with blood and at night I poop myself 4-6 times I need to get up and wash and change diapers. Every day I have fever. I already lost 10 kgs and I keep losing. I don't have a toxic megacolon yet but I don't want to risk getting one either. I'm on meds but none of them are working. I have no energies and I pretty much lay in bed all day. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
On 10/13/2018 at 3:26 PM, RDeck said:

Is it wise to reschedule my AOS interview?   I got my interview notice for November which is right in the middle of a foreign trip (to my home country) we have planned since last year. I got my interview notice 1.2 years after filing AOS. Anybody tried to reschedule their AOS interview? 

It happened on me: I got my interview notice on the second day I left States :( so I had to pay the extra fee to change the tickets. 

Even though, i do not recommend you to reschedule the interview: 1 it seems you’ve to reschedule though info pass, which it’s troublesome and couldn’t do it immediately.

2. Not sure will they accept your excuses for reschedule ( they only do that for emergency).  

3You don’t know when will they reschedule your interview: maybe another half an Year. 

Anymay, this is only my opinion 

19 minutes ago, natsusnowy1204 said:

It happened on me: I got my interview notice on the second day I left States :( so I had to pay the extra fee to change the tickets. 

Even though, i do not recommend you to reschedule the interview: 1 it seems you’ve to reschedule though info pass, which it’s troublesome and couldn’t do it immediately.

2. Not sure will they accept your excuses for reschedule ( they only do that for emergency).  

3You don’t know when will they reschedule your interview: maybe another half an Year. 

Anymay, this is only my opinion 

You are right. That's what worries me. They are pretty backed up right now. Rescheduling means waiting for don't know how long. We are postponing the trip for now. 

Please take care of your health first and foremost. I 100% understand where you are coming from @little immigrant. PM me anytime.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline

I need to get my colon completely removed. My surgeon said it's rotten. I have constant diarrhea with blood and at night I poop myself 4-6 times I need to get up and wash and change diapers. Every day I have fever. I already lost 10 kgs and I keep losing. I don't have a toxic megacolon yet but I don't want to risk getting one either. I'm on meds but none of them are working. I have no energies and I pretty much lay in bed all day. 

From what you have described. I think it is best to get your health better for few months wait of interview.

You should definitely go ahead with the surgery.  It seems critical. I hope you feel better soon. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
6 hours ago, RDeck said:

You are right. That's what worries me. They are pretty backed up right now. Rescheduling means waiting for don't know how long. We are postponing the trip for now. 

I’m sorry for your struggling. Maybe try to give a call first, it would be great if they could give you a date immediately

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.