Jump to content
Greg & Mary

ALL Forms that are required for the K1 Submission??

6 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi, everyone.  I love all of the information on this site, and really appreciate the fact that it exists!  


I am confused as to what is required for my K1 Submission Packet?  I know that I need to provide the I-129F Form, as well as supporting documents (Explanation of my divorce, including copy of the decree, pictures of my fiancée and I together, intent to marry, etc.).  My question is, are there any OTHER forms that are required?  I know about the DS-230 Form, I-134 and G-325.  Should we complete any of these to be included in the K1 Package that I will be sending off to Texas? 


Also, for my divorce, may I make a copy of just the first page (that shows the effective date of the divorce), or do I have to copy ALL of the pages?


Thanks in advance for any information you good folks can provide to me.  I just want to try to do whatever I can, to ensure that my fiancée can receive her K1 Visa as soon as possible, hopefully with no RFE's..


Thanks again,

Greg Dodd


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

G 325 is obsolete. the only form you will send with the K1 packet is the I 129f


you need prior marriage and divorce certificates/decrees- all pages (no explanation needed - they dont care why you are divorced) - for both petitioner and beneficiary

proof of citizenship

intent to marry letters from both of you, signed

proof of meeting within the past 2 years; statement of how/when you met the first time (despite what many do, it does not have to be a long detailed 'oh how i love my fiance so much they are the most wonderful person ever' letter. just describe how you met initially and the circumstances of your first in person meeting)

evidence of ongoing relationship


thats basically all that is REQUIRED off the top of my head. The guides have more details and its possible i overlooked something (im just working off memory)


youll also want to print and sign the form for electronic notifications so they can email you when they receive/ check in your packet



5/7/2018 K1       Application mailed

5/9/2018             Application rec'd and signed for (sent via fedex)

5/14/2018          NOA1 Email notification

5/18/2018          NOA1 Paper copy rec'd (i797C)

11/5/2018          NOA2 ❤️ no RFE's

11/19/2018        NVC Received file

12/13/2018        Consulate received/ ready to schedule interview


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

The evidence of an ongoing relationship isn't required in the initial filing, but can help with the embassy interview stage later by letting the CO see them beforehand.


An I-134 (plus supporting evidences) and DS-160 will be needed later. They are not sent with the I-129F.


Payment is required, passport-style photos are required, and a cover letter is highly suggested.


Guide: https://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide



AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago

9/27/17: received by USCIS

10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received

10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received

10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update)

1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed

1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received

1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice

10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice

10/25/18: Formal approval

10/31/18: Green card received





12/1/17: sent

12/14/17: NOA1 hard copy received

3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification)

3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved!

3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received



4/6/2017: Received

4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy

4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy

4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017



5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably worth noting is that the guide is out of date regarding payment, and you can use form G-1450 to pay by credit card.


NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16

Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03

Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28

Interview date: 2019-02-14


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Form I-129F

Form G-1145 (for electronic notification)


  • Evidence of your U.S. citizenship:
    • A copy of your birth certificate, issued by a civil registrar, vital statistics office, or other civil authority showing you were born in the United States; 
    • A copy of your naturalization or citizenship certificate issued by USCIS or the former Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS); 
    • A copy of Form FS-240, Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA), issued by a U.S. Embassy or U.S. Consulate; 
    • A copy of your unexpired U.S. passport; or 
    • An original statement from a U.S. consular officer verifying you are a U.S. citizen with a valid passport.
  • Evidence you or your fiancé legally terminated any previous marriages (if applicable)
    • Divorce decree
    • Annulment order
    • Death certificate for prior spouse
  • One color passport-style photograph of yourself and one for your fiancé taken within 30 days of you filing this petition 
  • Evidence of legal name change (if applicable)
  • Evidence to support an IMBRA waiver (if applicable)
  • Evidence you and your fiancé(e) intend to marry within 90 days of their admission into the United States as a K-1 nonimmigrant.
  • Evidence you met your fiancé(e) in-person within two years of you filing your Form I-129F. If you haven’t met within two years, submit evidence that meeting in-person would violate strict and long-established customs of your fiancé(e)’s foreign culture or social practice or would be an extreme hardship on the petitioner.


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.