Jump to content
Abcd1234

after noa2, what are next things in sequence?

12 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

so i am expecting noa2 in a month. and i was thinking if some who went through process or is in last stages of it can describe the process ahead in a sequence so that we are mentally prepared.

 

i know some and correct and add please what should we start doing ahead of time so that we have all in hand when needed?
 

i am looking something like this , just your best input or suggestion please so it helps us future appliers :). for example:

 

1. noa2

2. call nvc after ----days to get -----no.

3. get income tax records

4.get police report

5. packet 3

6. do medical

7. get interview appointment

 

i know there are many missing things in above and may be in bad order that is why i am looking for your suggestion and input so that we know ahead of time what is normal usual process.

 

thanks in advance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As soon as your case is sent to NVC you must log onto nvc.state.gov to select who to direct communications to, pay your $325 immigration fee, and pay the $120 AOS fee. This is a process of pay, wait for confirmation, pay again, wait for confirmation. You will complete your immigration form online and submit. The AOS must be completed at this time, then sent in to NVC along with your required documents and supporting documents. Your document cover sheets and invoices must be attached to documents. After NVC receives and reviews package they will inform you when your case is transferred to your consulate. They will give you interview date at this time. You will log onto the given website and select the delivery method for your visa and where to send it to. Get your medical before your interview (leave enough time to get results back).

 

Just make sure you have your documentation ready, and please be sure it is in the correct format to avoid an RFE, although they seem to be just flagging them these days and requesting you re-submit after your interview which will delay your visa. The process changes from time to time and it can vary depending on your consulate. They do a good job of informing you of the next steps. Just be sure your documentation is correct and ready when you are ready to submit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, kshelton said:

As soon as your case is sent to NVC you must log onto nvc.state.gov to select who to direct communications to, pay your $325 immigration fee, and pay the $120 AOS fee. This is a process of pay, wait for confirmation, pay again, wait for confirmation. You will complete your immigration form online and submit. The AOS must be completed at this time, then sent in to NVC along with your required documents and supporting documents. Your document cover sheets and invoices must be attached to documents. After NVC receives and reviews package they will inform you when your case is transferred to your consulate. They will give you interview date at this time. You will log onto the given website and select the delivery method for your visa and where to send it to. Get your medical before your interview (leave enough time to get results back).

 

Just make sure you have your documentation ready, and please be sure it is in the correct format to avoid an RFE, although they seem to be just flagging them these days and requesting you re-submit after your interview which will delay your visa. The process changes from time to time and it can vary depending on your consulate. They do a good job of informing you of the next steps. Just be sure your documentation is correct and ready when you are ready to submit.

Is this process for ir-1/cr-1 visa or k-1? 

   Just to make sure i am looking for k1 process...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kshelton said:

My case was IR/1 but K-1 should be very similar process. What consulate and what country?

islamabad pakistan, i think fees and process is little different, i appreciate your long reply and effort however i am still looking if any k1 applicant has some suggestions

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, kshelton said:

Check the regional discussion forum. It is specific for each country

i do like to know general process, i will check country specific as well. so if anyone has input plz help

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Abcd1234 said:

i am looking something like this , just your best input or suggestion please so it helps us future appliers :). for example:

 

1. noa2

2. call nvc after ----days to get -----no.

3. get income tax records

4.get police report

5. packet 3

6. do medical

7. get interview appointment

 

i know there are many missing things in above and may be in bad order that is why i am looking for your suggestion and input so that we know ahead of time what is normal usual process.

 

thanks in advance

Steps: https://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

Aproximate time that each stage takes: https://www.visajourney.com/content/k1flow

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, kshelton said:

My case was IR/1 but K-1 should be very similar process. What consulate and what country?

Regardless of country and consulate, k1 and ir1/cr1 is extremely different. Please be careful when giving advice about a process you don’t know.


Check your case status at the new website : https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov

USPS INFORMED DELIVERY https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

 

How to talk to a live person at USCIShttps://goo.gl/54z5bZ

What to do after NOA2 Approval? How to contact NVCClick here for info - https://goo.gl/KggThF

If you cannot get NVC on the phone try this - https://secureforms.travel.state.gov/ask-nvc.php

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Abcd1234 said:

i do like to know general process, i will check country specific as well. so if anyone has input plz help

Follow post noa2 NVC topic people are waiting for the next steps after noa2 there, and even for NVC waiting timelines change all the time so you can get a better picture for recent timelines.

 

after NVC stage it will highly depend on your embassy. Overall your flow is correct but some parts may be different like when you can schedule interview or medical(just an example)

Edited by Naes

Check your case status at the new website : https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov

USPS INFORMED DELIVERY https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

 

How to talk to a live person at USCIShttps://goo.gl/54z5bZ

What to do after NOA2 Approval? How to contact NVCClick here for info - https://goo.gl/KggThF

If you cannot get NVC on the phone try this - https://secureforms.travel.state.gov/ask-nvc.php

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remember that timelines are only general in nature and specific to country. It does make a huge difference as others have stated. Just be happy that the IMBRA implementation in 2006 - does not cause you the delays that others here experienced (8-10 months, on top of the normal processing). Best of luck to you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×