jg121783

Democrats’ Kavanaugh assassination is reuniting the right

60 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I was wondering who that was directed at, most of us are pretty much down the middle.

3 minutes ago, Randyandyuni said:

Here is another tired refrain, if you are not a democrat the implication is we are Nazis? Nice, you can't accept that anyone that doesn't follow the lead lemming democratic position is a racist, sexist POS. Live long and prosper my friend, just watch out for the cliff.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

1 hour ago, Randyandyuni said:

Here is another tired refrain, if you are not a democrat the implication is we are Nazis? Nice, you can't accept that anyone that doesn't follow the lead lemming democratic position is a racist, sexist POS. Live long and prosper my friend, just watch out for the cliff.

The "goose step" actually originated in Britain.  Although the Nazi's were known to use this type of march, the implication is not that any group that does this are Nazi's, rather that their actions are performed in very highly synchronized manner, as if choreographed by a single entity or mind.

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

1 hour ago, Boiler said:

I was wondering who that was directed at, most of us are pretty much down the middle.

It was directed at who I quoted

32 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

The "goose step" actually originated in Britain.  Although the Nazi's were known to use this type of march, the implication is not that any group that does this are Nazi's, rather that their actions are performed in very highly synchronized manner, as if choreographed by a single entity or mind.

It may have originated in Britain,  but the intent of pog mo was to imply Nazism when referencing goose stepping

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
1 minute ago, Satisfied said:

Boiler meant to whom pog mo was directing his goose step comment.  Not too many right wingers in here.

Correct

Watching CNN and it is like a wake. Can not tear myself away. They really thought they had done the dirty deed.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

17 minutes ago, Randyandyuni said:

It may have originated in Britain,  but the intent of pog mo was to imply Nazism when referencing goose stepping

I can't say for certain the intent, obviously, but in context with a series of posts blaming "the left", it looks more like the reference was that everyone posting is in unison (a la goose step march) with the leaders rhetoric blaming the left as opposed to thinking for themselves. This metaphor predates the use of goose stepping as a reference to Naziism. If you read the posts again it looks more like the former, as nothing in the posts really merits the Nazi reference.

Filed: Timeline
22 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

I can't say for certain the intent, obviously, but in context with a series of posts blaming "the left", it looks more like the reference was that everyone posting is in unison (a la goose step march) with the leaders rhetoric blaming the left as opposed to thinking for themselves. This metaphor predates the use of goose stepping as a reference to Naziism. If you read the posts again it looks more like the former, as nothing in the posts really merits the Nazi reference.

Of what leaders do ye refer, pray tell?

25 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

The nazi reference has nothing to do with the goose step reference.  It’s more along the lines of “if you’re not a democrat, you must be a deplorable repub, which is basically a nazi.  And racist.  And full of white privelege.  And...”

Lots of other things, that I for one am tired of listening to for the past coupla years, as I am sure others here are as well.  Some people assume that if you’re not left, you’re right.  That it’s all black or white.  Truth, the majority of it is grey.  Not to be confused with gray.

1 minute ago, Satisfied said:

The nazi reference has nothing to do with the goose step reference.  It’s more along the lines of “if you’re not a democrat, you must be a deplorable repub, which is basically a nazi.  And racist.  And full of white privelege.  And...”

Lots of other things, that I for one am tired of listening to for the past coupla years, as I am sure others here are as well.  Some people assume that if you’re not left, you’re right.  That it’s all black or white.  Truth, the majority of it is grey.  Not to be confused with gray.

There was no Nazi reference. There was a goose step reference. As I said, the goose step does have a close association with the Nazi's, but it is not a unique association. 

1 minute ago, Steeleballz said:

Oops forgot the apostrophe. Should have said leader's rhetoric, as in president Trump. 

Ahhh, yes, he is the leader of the USA.  I thought perhaps you were referring to senators/congress, which are far from leaders, but rather elected representatives who are there to serve us.  

Much like Lisa Murkowski was supposed to do, but failed.  I will be voting her out of her seat ASAP.

Just now, Steeleballz said:

There was no Nazi reference. There was a goose step reference. As I said, the goose step does have a close association with the Nazi's, but it is not a unique association. 

I get it.  But someone mentioned nazi’s (please do not capitalize that word, it’s disgraceful) in regards to not being democrat.  No relevance to your factoids about the goose step thing.  Which was appreciated, BTW.

7 hours ago, Steeleballz said:

You mean like how almost every leftist media outlet reads off the same script word for word? It's sad when I flip through the leftist channels and hear the same talking points literally word for word.

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg