nompish

N-400 October 2018 Filers

1,465 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, nompish said:

For those who have already done biometrics. Do they only want a copy of passport and expired GC and extension letter only? or do i need my drivers licence too?

im gonna take everything that can fit in my pocket pretty much. green card. 18 month extension letter. drivers license. south african passport. pretty sure green card and drivers license is sufficient tho. 

36 minutes ago, GoodbyeGirl said:

My document tab is now showing, 2 days after filing on 24 Oct.

• Wait time for biometrics, 29 days
  • Estimated case completion time, August 2020 (22 months) *gulp*

But I'm still excited because I now have a USCIS Online Account Number and the notice was issued from the NBC. Good things happen from there, right? Right?

You got a 2020 like me lol! but i think that's not how its going to turn out for us 

K-1 Journey

2015 01 14 : I-129F Mailed

2015 01 22: NOA-2

2015 03 09 : Packet 3 Received

2015 05 19 : Interview - PASSED (K-1 Visa Approved)

2015 08 19 : Arrived U.S.

2015 10 30 : Married :dance:

AOS Journey

11/05/2015: AOS Package Mailed

11/07/2015: AOS Delivered

11/15/2015: NOAx3 text and email received

11/18/2015: NOAx3 received via mail date 11/10/2015

11/26/2015: Received biometrics letter scheduled for 12/10/2015

12/10/2015: Biometrics completed

01/08/2016: Case status update I-485 "New card being produced"

01/10/2016: Case status update I-485 "Case approved"

01/12/2016: Case status update I-485 "My Card was mailed to me"

01/13/2016: Case status update I-485 "My Card picked up by USPS

01/15/2016: GREENCARD IN HAND!! DONE FOR NOW!!!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

1 hour ago, nompish said:

For those who have already done biometrics. Do they only want a copy of passport and expired GC and extension letter only? or do i need my drivers licence too?

I just had to show my green card. It’s unexpired so not sure what else you’d need with an expired one.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
18 hours ago, nompish said:

You got a 2020 like me lol! but i think that's not how its going to turn out for us 

Got an email at 6am.  Biometrics is scheduled and out approx completion is Dec 2019.  The biometrics scheduling was really fast.  Amazing! 

I have a question and an update about my N-400 case.

I mailed off the application and they received it on Monday!  The check was cashed yesterday!!

If I filed by mailing it in, will I receive updates via my Uscis website login?  Or by mail only?

CR1 VISA

Jul 23 2010 - MARRIED

Aug 26 2010 - I-130 received by USCIS

Jan 21 2011 - Approved by USCIS

Mar 04 2011 - NVC received

Mar 15 2011 - Medical

Mar 30 2011 - NVC COMPLETED

Apr 14 2011 - Packet 4 received

May 12 2011 - EMBASSY INTERVIEW

May 23 2011 - VISA received

May 26 2011 - Dulles POE

Jun 20 2011 - GREENCARD arrives

2 hours ago, johnmcgraw49 said:

Got an email at 6am.  Biometrics is scheduled and out approx completion is Dec 2019.  The biometrics scheduling was really fast.  Amazing! 

I got a text at 1:45am letting me know my case was updated. Biometrics is scheduled, should see the appointment letter in a few days on the documents tab. Am curious to see how close it is to the estimated time, which is around Thanksgiving. My estimated case completion time is still August 2020 (22 months). 

All this has been so much faster than this stage on the I-751, so for that, I'm happy. :) 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current status: UK and USA citizen

12-Mar-19: I-751 (WAC18026) + N400 combi interview

Outcome

16 Mar-19: I-751 ~ Green Card in Hand (from submission to card delivery, 17 months)

19 Apr-19:  N400 ~ Naturalization Oath Ceremony, certificate in-hand! (from submission to oath, 6 months)

1 May 19: Voter registration card in-hand

3 May 19: USA passport in-hand

11 May 19: New SSN card in-hand

1 hour ago, Geordie said:

I have a question and an update about my N-400 case.

I mailed off the application and they received it on Monday!  The check was cashed yesterday!!

If I filed by mailing it in, will I receive updates via my Uscis website login?  Or by mail only?

Howay man! 😉

My guess is yes as we all had to file the I-751 by mail and I can see online updates for that. But, you might want to see if another N400 filer who mailed their application has a more definitive answer. I'm sure that'll be posted on a N400 thread somewhere at VJ.

Good luck with your application! 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Outcome

16 Mar-19: I-751 ~ Green Card in Hand (from submission to card delivery, 17 months)

19 Apr-19:  N400 ~ Naturalization Oath Ceremony, certificate in-hand! (from submission to oath, 6 months)

6 hours ago, GoodbyeGirl said:

Howay man! 😉

My guess is yes as we all had to file the I-751 by mail and I can see online updates for that. But, you might want to see if another N400 filer who mailed their application has a more definitive answer. I'm sure that'll be posted on a N400 thread somewhere at VJ.

Good luck with your application! 

I will, cheers hinny! ;)

CR1 VISA

Jul 23 2010 - MARRIED

Aug 26 2010 - I-130 received by USCIS

Jan 21 2011 - Approved by USCIS

Mar 04 2011 - NVC received

Mar 15 2011 - Medical

Mar 30 2011 - NVC COMPLETED

Apr 14 2011 - Packet 4 received

May 12 2011 - EMBASSY INTERVIEW

May 23 2011 - VISA received

May 26 2011 - Dulles POE

Jun 20 2011 - GREENCARD arrives

Hi I’m a october filler, for the N400

also im applying with pending roc of july,2017(no biometrics taken), (no interview).

i fill my n400 aplication on Tuesday october 23, (online). As of today oct27, they send me an alert that I’m all ready scheduled for biometrics, but it also says that it can take a few days to show the date of the appointment. Is less than a week to get the appointment..! 

Lets see how it goes.!

1 hour ago, Xfiles said:

Hi I’m a october filler, for the N400

also im applying with pending roc of july,2017(no biometrics taken), (no interview).

i fill my n400 aplication on Tuesday october 23, (online). As of today oct27, they send me an alert that I’m all ready scheduled for biometrics, but it also says that it can take a few days to show the date of the appointment. Is less than a week to get the appointment..! 

Lets see how it goes.!

Welcome! I filed for the N400 a day after you, 24 Oct and I'm also waiting to know my appointment date.

I'm a ROC Oct-2017 filer, nothing is happening with my case. Like you no biometrics. I've got the extended extension letter, but nothing in terms of progress to report. I know some July-2017 filers have already been approved. Do you know what stage your case is at?

Outcome

16 minutes ago, GoodbyeGirl said:

Welcome! I filed for the N400 a day after you, 24 Oct and I'm also waiting to know my appointment date.

I'm a ROC Oct-2017 filer, nothing is happening with my case. Like you no biometrics. I've got the extended extension letter, but nothing in terms of progress to report. I know some July-2017 filers have already been approved. Do you know what stage your case is at?

Honestly i have no idea what it’s going on with my aplication, however im a csc applicant and my local office its not really that big so idk.!! I never call i just let them be, but they never requested anything..! Lets see if this n400 activate my roc application since my local office times are from 5-15 months on n400 but my application its listed 12 months to finish.! 

My 10 year GC was approved October 17, 2018. I was a March 2017 ROC CSC applicant. Took a good 574 days to finally get my 10 year GC.

Finally, finished my N400 application online and sent payment. So joining this October 2018 N400 group.

Good luck to all of us!

11 hours ago, Xfiles said:

Honestly i have no idea what it’s going on with my aplication, however im a csc applicant and my local office its not really that big so idk.!! I never call i just let them be, but they never requested anything..! Lets see if this n400 activate my roc application since my local office times are from 5-15 months on n400 but my application its listed 12 months to finish.! 

My N400 case has a 22 month wait time! But I'm hoping that will come down once I'm done with biometrics.

Outcome

11 hours ago, Prisma said:

My 10 year GC was approved October 17, 2018. I was a March 2017 ROC CSC applicant. Took a good 574 days to finally get my 10 year GC.

Finally, finished my N400 application online and sent payment. So joining this October 2018 N400 group.

Good luck to all of us!

Welcome aboard! Congrats on getting your green card, that was a long wait, 19 months. Do you mind sharing if yours was a standard case? Mine is pretty standard and I've been waiting over a year now. I think that's just the way it is, but I do find it interesting to try and figure out patterns. 

You'll be getting your N400 biometrics appointment soon, and an estimated case completion time. Let us know how you get on!

Outcome

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.