Julieta Faleono

K1 visa Request for Evidence

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I am a US citizen filing for my fiance who lives in Canada. I just received a letter of request for evidence. For all the evidence requested should it all be photocopies of everything or the original evidence that i should send? Also is it ok if when my fiance sends a statement of his intent to marry within the 90 days of admission into the US, if he were to type it out and then print it and sign then email it to me or should it all be hand written and mailed? I'm just not sure which is better. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

It should clearly state on the rfe what they want. Original, photocopy or what not. Do as rfe says. Add nothing more then what's requested.

also, sign and date rfe as u would any legal document.

event.png

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do OLD SITE

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ NEW SITE

https://www.house.gov/representatives US Congressmen 

https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm US Senators 

IN REGARDS TO WHICH DATE TO USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noa1 date is actually they date on ur hard copy. Sadly if u reach the magical 220 day u must wait till 225 to contact Uscis. They use what the new site says. Even if ur paper says X date. 

They added 5 days onto everyone’s accepted on NOA1

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Please,

I received a request for evidence for the K1 visa petition. I have heard that police and court records along with immunization records are required at some point. I was wondering should I send police and court/immunization  records along with the evidence required??? Or will it be requested at a different point of the process?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
9 hours ago, Julieta Faleono said:

Please,

I received a request for evidence for the K1 visa petition. I have heard that police and court records along with immunization records are required at some point. I was wondering should I send police and court/immunization  records along with the evidence required??? Or will it be requested at a different point of the process?

Don't send anything extra. Just follow the instructions and only send it what they are asking for. The police records are required for interview. The immunization records are voluntary, I think..or maybe it depends on the country, and they are also required at interview stage.

Good luck !

6 hours ago, Julieta Faleono said:

Please,

DO NOT send anything extra. Just follow the instructions JUST as they are. This is important! I'm going to give you some instructions on the RFE and also the process for your visa at your Embassy there in Canada.

When you receive an RFE (Request For Evidence) the best way to handle the RFE is to read it carefully. Do ONLY what it says. DON"T add tons and tons of unnecessary documents. It's not needed and will NOT help your case. The adjudicator has already made up their mind about your case and if you do what they ask then they are going to approve your case. Of course if something in your past is hanging up the approval, hence the RFE then what you return will answer the question(s) that the Adjudicator has.

I'll give you an example. Recently a couple had filed a I-129f and they received an RFE because a question was not answered. The question was "have you ever been arrested" or something near that. Forgetting about a expunge case in his youth he thought he was being honest and said "no". Well the RFE was returned and the adjudicator denied the case because it answered the question "no" when he should have answered it "yes" because of the expunge case that he forgot about. So, he had to return back to his fiancé's country, marry her, and then return to process a visa for her under the I-130 which is a CR-1 visa (spousal visa).

Also, sign your RFE where it ask and if it doesn't ask then sign the copy of the RFE that you will be returning. Sometimes they ask and sometimes they don't. We had a case here not too long ago where someone forgot to sign the RFE when requested and BINGO.... Denied! So sign even if it doesn't ask for it.

For all things dealing with the US Embassy in Canada head on over to the subforum for Canada where they will answer your questions for the processing of your visa from their personal experience. Link:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/93-canada/

Get the Canadian K1 P3 letter at http://photos.state.gov/libraries/canada/303578/montreal/Packet3-K1-MTL.pdf as this is your bible needed to complete and receive your visa. The required documents are included and use the P3 as a check list. Once you have completed or gathered the required documents you'll be ready for your interview. If it is not on the Embassy letter, it probably is not needed.

Last but not least, READ the pages on the US Embassy website for you country so that you are up to speed.

http://canada.usembassy.gov/

https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/iv

You can't hurry it along at all. You have to wait for P3 which takes 2-4 weeks from Ready. Comply with what they ask for in P3 (the actually one they send you) by sending them a copy of the signed P3 checklist, your DS160 confirmation and your Passport Bio. Then they send you P4. Then they tell you to register to schedule and you'll wait some more for interviews to open up, which only happens once a month during the last week of the month for two months ahead UNLESS you are lucky and you scoop up a cancellation. Get your medical appointment first so you can schedule the interview shortly afterwards.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello members, 

I have filled for k1 visa and just found out that rfe is needed. I am really worried and nervous. Can you guys tell me how long does it take now for the approval after I submit the rfe

I currently don’t know what the rfe is about I haven’t received it in mail. Is there a way to find out before the mail???

22 minutes ago, naitisha said:

Hello members, 

I have filled for k1 visa and just found out that rfe is needed. I am really worried and nervous. Can you guys tell me how long does it take now for the approval after I submit the rfe

I currently don’t know what the rfe is about I haven’t received it in mail. Is there a way to find out before the mail???

I answered your PM on this question. Right?

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline

Thank you all for your help! I appreciate it so much. So only send what is required. However, my fiancé did move to a different house recently. Is there a form I should file to let them know? He moved to the town right next to his previous address. What should we do or should we do nothing? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.