2,200 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, sintiaF said:

Just got an email card in production. 

I have sent my docs October 25, 2018! 

I hope everyone is getting approved really soon. 

Great news!! Things are starting to happen for us, October fillers! Are you at the Nebraska Center? Congrats!!!!

On 8/12/2019 at 7:51 AM, dumiduda1990 said:

On Saturday I mailed a package to switch my joint application to divorce waiver and the tracking number shows it's delivered this morning. I also included additional evidence (not really new, just beef'd up evidence) So nervous! Fingers crossed and hoping for the best!

This morning I received an email status update - CARD IN PRODUCTION!!!! 

Timeline - Nebraska Filing Center

10/25/2018: I-751 Filed Jointly 

12/06/2018: NOA 18-month Extension Letter

07/01/2019: Bio Appointment

07/23/2019: Divorce Finalized

08/10/2019: Package sent to switch to Divorce Waiver

8/20/2019: CARD IN PRODUCTION status update

Good luck to everyone!!

Edited by dumiduda1990
Approval date updated from 8/21/19

~ ROC in Process ~

12/06/2018: NOA 18-month Extension Letter

8/20/2019: Status Update "CARD PRODUCTION" 

8/28/2019: 10yr Green Card on Hand

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
1 minute ago, dumiduda1990 said:

8/21/2019: CARD IN PRODUCTION status update

Good luck to everyone!!

Wow I'm glad to hear divorced with no interview! I also filed divorce waiver and had hundreds of pages of evidences. Hope it'll go through smoothly for me too

2 minutes ago, Eileenaichan said:

Wow I'm glad to hear divorced with no interview! I also filed divorce waiver and had hundreds of pages of evidences. Hope it'll go through smoothly for me too

As long as you have enough evidence, you should be good! Good luck!

Edited by dumiduda1990

~ ROC in Process ~

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
23 hours ago, cynpen said:

Great news!! Things are starting to happen for us, October fillers! Are you at the Nebraska Center? Congrats!!!!

Yes, Nebraska!

8 hours ago, dumiduda1990 said:

8/20/2019: CARD IN PRODUCTION status update

Good luck to everyone!!

I would worry a bit since the time you submitted the divorce waiver to the time you were approved are kind of sort so they might not "process" your waiver and approve your "jointly filing" instead (there are cases that I had known from this forum). And if that is the case, you will be getting into trouble in the future with N-400. But I hope they already "process" your waiver properly. Cheers!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
1 hour ago, f1660114 said:

I would worry a bit since the time you submitted the divorce waiver to the time you were approved are kind of sort so they might not "process" your waiver and approve your "jointly filing" instead (there are cases that I had known from this forum). And if that is the case, you will be getting into trouble in the future with N-400. But I hope they already "process" your waiver properly. Cheers!

I believe USCIS will scan all documents they receive. They may not process the waiver request, but they'll have the documents in file. For cases like this that went wrong with N400, it would be at the fault of USCIS, not the applicant. But yeah, I won't expect them to own their errors...

ROC Timeline

01/02/2019: I-751 delivered to USCIS (Texas)

01/08/2019: check cashed & online status show "case received"

03/02/2019: 18-month extension letter received (LIN)

08/02/2019: biometrics letter received

08/23/2019: biometrics appointment

11/04/2019: approval letter received

11/05/2019: online status changed to "card in production"

11/07/2019: card received ✌️😊

4 minutes ago, cute_pretzel said:

I believe USCIS will scan all documents they receive. They may not process the waiver request, but they'll have the documents in file. For cases like this that went wrong with N400, it would be at the fault of USCIS, not the applicant. But yeah, I won't expect them to own their errors...

Even USCIS is at fault, it might still take time for them to sort it out and a delay is expected. Again, hopefully USCIS approved the waiver request already.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
5 minutes ago, cynpen said:

Hi everybody, 

I just got a case update with a RFE. :( :(

Do you send back specific evidence or the whole package again? Thanks! 

Wait for the letter to see what they are asking for. But don’t just sent back the same package but new information from time you filed to now or if there was something missing they now want you may have all the way from the beginning of the marriage. It will be easier to figure out as soon as you receive the letter. Don’t let it get to you just sent in what they want and you will be back on track again! 

15 hours ago, f1660114 said:

Good point! I'll see if there's anyway I can talk to someone at USCIS and find out.. Thanks!

~ ROC in Process ~

8 hours ago, cynpen said:

Hi everybody, 

I just got a case update with a RFE. :( :(

Do you send back specific evidence or the whole package again? Thanks! 

We got an RFE too.  It stated the evidence we provided, and that it wasn't sufficient, and specifically said to not resend the previously submitted evidence.  

Ours listed things demonstrating shared responsibility for finances and children and additional proofs of address proving that he and his kids live here.  We sent off letters from my step daughter's school and doctors office that indicate our address and that I am listed as a contact and their stepmom, paystubs from my husband and my stepson that show our address, tax returns (totally spaced on sending them in the first time), documents from the bank showing a joint checking account, document from our health insurance showing that it covers the whole family, and explanation that I purchased the house and set up all utilities prior to them even having a visa therefore all of that is in my name only.  

Other things on the list to provide that we just dont have are proof of beneficiary designation on life insurance or other accounts, joint ownership of house or vehicle, rental agreement in both names, etc.  

We turned ours around in a week, mailing it in last Friday.  Haven't heard anything back yet, not that I was expecting too.  I'm just hoping that this doesn't put us at the end of the line again.  

Good luck with yours!  

On 8/20/2019 at 3:59 AM, BRgirlUS said:

Good news for the California Service Center folks, I searched the timelines and found 2 people who filed in October that had their I-751 approved. @kath1980 (filed 10/15/2018) and @clangdj (filed 10/12/2018). I wish it wasn't so random, because there is still people from September that are waiting... Anyway... There is hope! Maybe our cases will still be approved in 2019. 

Good Luck to everyone!

Thanks for that info. I was just going to ask if any CSC folks have been approved. There is still 4 months left. What do you think are the odds that large majority over 90% will get decision by end of year. I figure with August and September now getting more approvals, it is a pretty good chance. But always hard to speculate with USCIS timelines.

If there is an RFE, does any one know what is generally the delay that has to be expected? Some people said they hope they don't get put back to the line, but I don't think that is how it works. It's perhaps I hope more like when you get another item at grocery store, your stuff gets put aside and then you can pay upon return. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.