2,200 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Zkot4ov said:

LIN filer walk in biometrics experience 

Hi all. Just wanted to share my experience today. Was part of LIN batch that got bio appointment notice recently. Mine was set for July 3rd at 8am. Now as you can imagine, after 8 months with no action, I got abit too excited and decided to head into the application support center early. I tried 8am today morning at first. There was a line of about 30 people ahead of me. The officer at the door politely told me to come back after 1pm today because they were obviously  busy, so I did just that. Came back at 3:20pm. Just 40 minutes before closing. Place was deserted. I was the only applicant in there. Was told doing bio early was not a problem now. They got me processed and out after 2 minutes. Only really took a pic because they said they still had my print in system. Just wanted share. 

This is amazing! I am planning to show up at an office in South Carolina tomorrow and beg them to let me get the biometrics done (otherwise I have to fly to Chicago over the weekend just for the appointment, scheduled in Naperville, and it's gonna cost me at least 520 USD to get tickets). I am really scared but this gave me hope! 

17 minutes ago, cynpen said:

This is amazing! I am planning to show up at an office in South Carolina tomorrow and beg them to let me get the biometrics done (otherwise I have to fly to Chicago over the weekend just for the appointment, scheduled in Naperville, and it's gonna cost me at least 520 USD to get tickets). I am really scared but this gave me hope! 

I just did mine at Norridge, Chicago area. Trust me no need to beg. I just said I couldn't make the appointment time and they didnt ask anything else. Make sure to go about an hour before closing. They are not busy at all so will have no reason to turn you back.

1 hour ago, Zkot4ov said:

I just did mine at Norridge, Chicago area. Trust me no need to beg. I just said I couldn't make the appointment time and they didnt ask anything else. Make sure to go about an hour before closing. They are not busy at all so will have no reason to turn you back.

Awesome, thank you! :) this makes me feel so much better. 

Hi everybody! I just want to update you on my experience at USCIS today. Like two other members shared, I got in and out in 10 minutes. I went at 1 PM and it was deserted too. No questions asked either. I'm very happy!! 

1 hour ago, cynpen said:

Hi everybody! I just want to update you on my experience at USCIS today. Like two other members shared, I got in and out in 10 minutes. I went at 1 PM and it was deserted too. No questions asked either. I'm very happy!! 

There you go. Told you it wouldn't be a problem. I was pleasantly surprised as well and glad you don't have to travel back to Chicago for it. 

Based on your status message, it sounds like USCIS only need your picture to print it on the new green card.

They already completed the background check by using the previous fingerprint before.

17 hours ago, Zkot4ov said:

Follow up from my previous posts today.

Looks like they have already updated the site after I completed my bio early. Bio was completed  just 4 hrs ago. Nice change considering last action prior to this was in Oct 2018. Hopefully they actually start working on our apps now. 

Screenshot_20190625-214618_Opera.jpg

👆 Let's go to this thread to discuss the timelines in Nebraska (LIN) center! 👆

51 minutes ago, changbaihou said:

Based on your status message, it sounds like USCIS only need your picture to print it on the new green card.

They already completed the background check by using the previous fingerprint before.

So I asked the lady doing the prints this exact question because all she told me was to place my thumb on the pad and if my prints are available the system will pull it up. Sure enough after about 30 seconds of waiting they did. She told me before prints were only held for a max of 2 yrs hence the need for fresh ones. They apparently upgraded their system and can now hold them much longer.

Hmmmm. We’re going to be a mile from the USCIS office this Saturday.

Online it says the office is closed on Saturdays which makes sense... but it also says it’s closed on Fridays. And our scheduled appointment is... a Friday... ?

Edited by MorganandMichael

~*INTENT IS DETERMINED AT POE*~

Forever wishing for an eye-roll reaction.

K-1 Visa~
9/28/2015 - I-129f Packet Mailed to Texas Lockbox
10/1/2015 - NOA 1 Email - I-129f sent to California Service Center
10/8/2015 - NOA 1 Hard Copy
10/27/2015 - NOA 2
11/21/2015 - Packet 3 Received
1/08/2916 - Medical! Lots of jabs >.>
2/23/2016 - APPROVED!
6/20/2016 - POE
7/29/2016 - Married ❤️

~*Approval 146 Days from NOA1*~

AOS ~
9/9/2016 - AOS/AP/EAD packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox
9/11/2016 - Delivered to Chicago Lockbox
9/20/2016 - Received Text/Email NOA1
9/23/2016 - Hard Copy NOA1s
10/12/2016 - Biometrics Appointment
11/04/2016 - AP Status "Approved" EAD "Date of Birth Updated"
11/18/2016 - Received EAD/AP Combo Card!
12/23/2016 - Received Green Card

~*Green Card 95 Days from NOA1*~

ROC~

10/12/2018 - Mailed ROC Packet

11/8/2018 - NOA-1 

7/5/2019 - Biometrics

~*STILL WAITING 607+ Days since NOA*~

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I just wanted to double check here. Do I need more than my passport/state ID and the biometrics letter when I go in for my appointment?

iuV9m4.png

ROC journey!

2018-10-09   Filed ROC 1-751

2018-10-17   E-notification - RECEIVED

2018-11-13   NOA1- RECEIVED

2019-06-22   Biometrics letter - RECEIVED

2019-07-01   Biometrics appointment

2019-08-02   RFE

2019-08-23   RFE response was received

2019-09-04   Status changed to Card Being Produced!

Last signature update: 2019-09-05.

2 minutes ago, shorouq123 said:

I just wanted to double check here. Do I need more than my passport/state ID and the biometrics letter when I go in for my appointment?

You don't need your passport. Take your green card, the extension letter, your ID and the biometrics letter and you will be fine! They didn't ask for the extension letter but I took it just in case. 

2 minutes ago, Zkot4ov said:

At first I presented my state ID and appointment letter but they then asked for my passport. They took that and the app letter.

Oh, I'm glad you had it on you. The passport is not included in the list of elements that we need to take to the appointment and I didn't take mine with me. They never asked for it. I guess it's better to be safe than sorry and just take everything with you! 

5 hours ago, cynpen said:

Oh, I'm glad you had it on you. The passport is not included in the list of elements that we need to take to the appointment and I didn't take mine with me. They never asked for it. I guess it's better to be safe than sorry and just take everything with you! 

I would think so. I literally carried everything. Passport, State ID, expired GC, extension letter, appointment letter, incase of any eventuality. I had to leave work early to get it done so didnt want to be turned back over simply not having the correct docs.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.