Mad Panda

Sealed Immigration Packet partially opened

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, after receiving his visa and upon excitement, my fiance accidentally and partially opened the sealed envelope that comes with the visa. Please see attached image. Is this ok??? What should we do? 

received_866822947041395.jpeg

received_2341970072697206.jpeg

From the looks of it, I wouldn't worry.

It's obvious that no one has taken the contents out of the package.  

I would however, put that package in another larger envelope to protect it from further damage.  A Tyvek envelope would be ideal, as it would be impermeable to liquid.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, Mad Panda said:

Hi, after receiving his visa and upon excitement, my fiance accidentally and partially opened the sealed envelope that comes with the visa. Please see attached image. Is this ok??? What should we do? 

received_866822947041395.jpeg

received_2341970072697206.jpeg

From what I see I would not worry.  Put it back in the plastic bag, then put that in the carry-on bag and keep it safe for POE.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
44 minutes ago, Mad Panda said:

Thank you guys! Just being paranoid again. Lol. 

Lucky he did get it tore open, he would have needed to return everything to the embassy for repackaging

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
6 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Lucky he did get it tore open, he would have needed to return everything to the embassy for repackaging

yea, good thing he "noticed" the writings on the envelope 6 seconds later.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congratulations!  Please post here later after you get through successfully (notice I'm sending you positive thoughts there  :) ).  That will be helpful information for the rest of us to know that you're okay with such a slight mishap.

All the best to you both!

Joel

Please check out my music video for "Bright Side of the World", the song I wrote for my fiancee. You can watch the video on YouTube here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKu3SvqCBfg

Thanks for listening! :)

Joel

Timeline
3 hours ago, jm302music said:

Congratulations!  Please post here later after you get through successfully (notice I'm sending you positive thoughts there  :) ).  That will be helpful information for the rest of us to know that you're okay with such a slight mishap.

Joel

Thank you, I will ! 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 10/1/2018 at 6:27 PM, jm302music said:

Joel

Hi! Just letting you know that everything went smooth and the best part of all the sacrifices is.... we're finally together! 

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Mad Panda said:

Hi! Just letting you know that everything went smooth and the best part of all the sacrifices is.... we're finally together! 

Very happy for you both!  

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 10/15/2018 at 9:08 AM, Mad Panda said:

Yay!  That's great news!  I'm delighted to hear that all went well for you.  And thanks for the follow-up!

Joel

Please check out my music video for "Bright Side of the World", the song I wrote for my fiancee. You can watch the video on YouTube here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKu3SvqCBfg

Thanks for listening! :)

Joel

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.