jackyjimenez

OCTOBER AOS 2018 Filers

2,281 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, NikkiFromCanada said:

Guys!!!! My shattered nerves! I woke up with nervous belly!! 😩 The day is finally close!!! Green Card interview tomorrow at 1:15pm!! Please send me allllllllll the positive vibes, energy, juju, prayers, whatever you believe in!!! I daydream constantly about getting a job, being allowed to leave the country and most importantly...financially contributing to our household, and taking some bills from my husband!!! I can almost taste my independence again!!!! 🤞🇺🇸

Good luck!!!! You will do well!! Let us know the details after !!! :)

I have mine this week as well. Feeling nervous even though we have nothing to hide haha but i don't want to forget to bring something or somehow mess up! It's day 199 and there's no word on EAD, but if the gc interview goes well, that's all I need 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Sending positive vibes to everyone else still waiting in the process. Hang in there 💪💪💪💪

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Chochosun said:

Good luck!!!! You will do well!! Let us know the details after !!! :)

I have mine this week as well. Feeling nervous even though we have nothing to hide haha but i don't want to forget to bring something or somehow mess up! It's day 199 and there's no word on EAD, but if the gc interview goes well, that's all I need 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Sending positive vibes to everyone else still waiting in the process. Hang in there 💪💪💪💪

Thanks so much!! My EAD is at day 199 too! Not a word on that! Ridiculous!! I'll definitely report back with how it went! Good luck at your interview!! 

K-1 Visa AOS Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

10/18/18 - Sent AOS Package to Chicago

10/25/18 - USCIS took AOS fee (credit card payment)

10/30/18 - NOA1 Text Messages Received

11/02/18 - Biometrics Appointment Letter & NOA1 Hard Copies Received

11/13/18 - Biometrics Appointment

11/13/18 - Received RFIE (forgot to include husband’s full tax return)

11/13/18 - AOS status updated to "On November 13, We Sent You A Request For Initial Evidence"

11/29/18 - RFIE response delivered to USCIS

03/25/19 - AOS status updated to "Ready To Be Scheduled For Interview"

04/02/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Scheduled"

04/04/19 - Received Interview Letter

05/07/19 - Green Card Interview - Baltimore (did not get on the spot approval)

05/07/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed"

05/29/19 - EAD status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

06/01/19 - EAD & AP 1-797 hard copies received

06/02/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

06/03/19 - Received updated SSN card with married name.

06/03/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

06/04/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

06/04/19 - Received Combo Card in the mail

07/13/19 - AOS status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

07/16/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

07/17/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

07/19/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

07/19/19 - Received Green Card in the mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Card is mailed to me today!! Finally!!

Timeline of my EAD FYI:

AOS NOA date - Oct 18, 2018

finger print - Nov 7, 2018

Completes finger print review - Dec 1, 2018

Case is approved - May 1, 2019

Received the NOA on I-765 & 131 in mail - May 4, 2019

Card is mailed to me - May 6, 2019

204 days as of today...well, almost 7 months! Can’t believe it...anyway, good luck on all the Oct filers!!!! 

2 hours ago, Chochosun said:

Question: Are we supposed to bring the copies of the actual forms we sent like i485, i765 to the interview? 

No. 

Just an updated I864 if your financial situation has changed.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
On 4/8/2019 at 2:47 PM, NikkiFromCanada said:

I received my Green Card interview letter today!! My interview is May 7th in Baltimore!!! I am so happy!!!! 

good luck let us know how it goes we have ours on the 9th best wishes

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Hi guys our interview is on thursday my husband was told that he will need to get an interpreter since he dont speak english is this correct?I speak fluent English and Spanish and on the letter doesn't specify that we need one anyone know?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Welp, I finally got my wife's interview scheduled per the USCIS stating "interview has been scheduled." Congrats to all those are already done with all of it lol. 

Edited by Rocko20

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
On 5/4/2019 at 11:01 PM, kemm360 said:

Okay. October 3rd 2018 AOS filer here. Got RFIE sometime in October for what i know i included at first,

Was your RFE about tax returns? Myself and several other October filers had the same RFE, and we know for certain we included tax returns in the packaged

Anyways, I think USCIS lost the paperwork but it's good to see that you, myself, and others are back on schedule even after the RFE

Just had our interview today here in Chicago. We were called in ~15 mins after our scheduled time slot. It was interesting that in the beginning, he said, "Well, it looks like we should do the I-130 checks at the same time as the I-485." Thought that was the whole point for an AOS based on marriage... 

Otherwise, it was pretty straightforward. He asked us questions like how did we meet/start dating, who proposed/how did we get married, etc. He also took copies of proof of bona fide marriage like our joint 2018 tax return, joint offer for a house/mortgage, combined insurance and bank/phone accounts. Also looked through our photos and even took one that was from post-application submission.

At the end is said our case would go through final checks but that things looked good. Hopefully that means the official approval will come through quickly from here! 

Timeline

Just had my Green Card interview. He asked questions about our relationship. When we met, how we met, how often we saw each other over the last five years since we’ve been together, details on who would travel to who, etc. He asked all the yes/no questions from the application. Asked if I had anything else I wanted to give him. I gave him proof of joint car insurance/medical insurance, and some photos of our civil ceremony. He said he will keep our file for “further review” and if we don’t get an update on the USCIS site within 120 days, we can submit an inquiry. He said he would be surprised if it took half that time for an update. The interview took about 30 minutes. He was friendly, and we laughed and had light conversation with him. Wish I got an approval on the spot like some people, but we weren’t lucky. Now back to obsessively checking the site again. At least the interview is over with. I’m so tired of waiting and more waiting. One could seriously go into a depression during this process. So we’ll see how long it takes me to get my Green Card now. 

K-1 Visa AOS Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

11/13/18 - AOS status updated to "On November 13, We Sent You A Request For Initial Evidence"

05/07/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed"

1 minute ago, NikkiFromCanada said:

Just had my Green Card interview. He asked questions about our relationship. When we met, how we met, how often we saw each other over the last five years since we’ve been together, details on who would travel to who, etc. He asked all the yes/no questions from the application. Asked if I had anything else I wanted to give him. I gave him proof of joint car insurance/medical insurance, and some photos of our civil ceremony. He said he will keep our file for “further review” and if we don’t get an update on the USCIS site within 120 days, we can submit an inquiry. He said he would be surprised if it took half that time for an update. The interview took about 30 minutes. He was friendly, and we laughed and had light conversation with him. Wish I got an approval on the spot like some people, but we weren’t lucky. Now back to obsessively checking the site again. At least the interview is over with. I’m so tired of waiting and more waiting. One could seriously go into a depression during this process. So we’ll see how long it takes me to get my Green Card now. 

Your experience sounds virtually the same as mine (see post one up from yours)!

Timeline
1 hour ago, dupatinaglace said:

Your experience sounds virtually the same as mine (see post one up from yours)!

My status has now changed to “Interview was completed and my case must be reviewed.” I am severely disappointed. I had my hopes up that the interview meant I would get my Green Card soon, but it looks like more waiting. It’s absolutely insane that they think it’s normal to put people through this. I’ve lost all hope. 

K-1 Visa AOS Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.