jackyjimenez

OCTOBER AOS 2018 Filers

2,281 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, JMCKNG said:

Hi all, as it relates to copies of certificates, I’m always tempted to send the original in order to not have the risk of RFE, has everyone been okay with just copies of marriage and birth certificates? Even if it had the void watermark when you copy it?

I sent photocopies of everything.

Might be wise to pose this question in an AOS forum several months back for those who already have been approved for the EAD/AP?

6 minutes ago, ShanGaut said:

I'm confused, if I was admitted on a K-1 and am applying for AOS, what medical records do I have to submit? Is it just my vaccination records or do I have to have a civil surgeon fill out the whole I-693 form?

If your overseas medical exam date occurred within one year of you applying for AOS, all tests came back in the clear and you completed all of the vaccination requirements that were due in the month you had your medical exam, you only need to submit a photocopy of the DS3025 with your I485. USCIS would have been sent your medical package that was submitted at your POE so they already have it.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, JMCKNG said:

Hi all, as it relates to copies of certificates, I’m always tempted to send the original in order to not have the risk of RFE, has everyone been okay with just copies of marriage and birth certificates? Even if it had the void watermark when you copy it?

I’ve sent copies of everything from the beginning. 

Edited by NikkiMarie

K-1 Visa AOS Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

10/18/18 - Sent AOS Package to Chicago

10/25/18 - USCIS took AOS fee (credit card payment)

10/30/18 - NOA1 Text Messages Received

11/02/18 - Biometrics Appointment Letter & NOA1 Hard Copies Received

11/13/18 - Biometrics Appointment

11/13/18 - Received RFIE (forgot to include husband’s full tax return)

11/13/18 - AOS status updated to "On November 13, We Sent You A Request For Initial Evidence"

11/29/18 - RFIE response delivered to USCIS

03/25/19 - AOS status updated to "Ready To Be Scheduled For Interview"

04/02/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Scheduled"

04/04/19 - Received Interview Letter

05/07/19 - Green Card Interview - Baltimore (did not get on the spot approval)

05/07/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed"

05/29/19 - EAD status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

06/01/19 - EAD & AP 1-797 hard copies received

06/02/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

06/03/19 - Received updated SSN card with married name.

06/03/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

06/04/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

06/04/19 - Received Combo Card in the mail

07/13/19 - AOS status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

07/16/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

07/17/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

07/19/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

07/19/19 - Received Green Card in the mail

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Singapore
Timeline
23 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

When you get your NOA1 hardcopies can you let us know what your received date is...for research of course.

I received my NOA1s today! Notice date is 10/29. :)

I-129F Filed: 11 October 2017

I-129F NOA1: 16 October 2017

I-129F NOA2: 21 April 2018 

NVC Received: 14 May 2018 

Case Number Assigned: 16 May 2018

NVC Left: 18 May 2018

Embassy Received: 21 May 2018

Packet 3 Received: 24 May 2018

Medical: 30 May 2018

Packet 4 Received: 21 June 2018

Interview Date: 10 July 2018 (Approved)

Visa on Hand: 21 July 2018

Port of Entry: Seattle, 12 August 2018

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
2 hours ago, JMCKNG said:

I’ve always sent photocopies of everything. Only issue now is I received a letter by USCIS saying I “didn’t send my recent tax return” so I got an RFE. So Monday morning I’m sending all last 3 tax returns, all last 3 W2, and paystubs... Again.  

Its frustraing but indeed sometimes USCIS does lose paperwork, which is why photocopies are best 

Edited by Rocko20

15 minutes ago, Guacamole said:

Awesome!!! Just a reminder to EVERYONE that it is the "Received date" which is important for your timeline and for USCIS, if in the future, they ask for your Priority Date (PD) it is your Received Date, not your Notice Date. Your notice date is simply the date the NOA1 was produced. 

Remember way back when we received our NOA1's for K1? The notice date is irrelevant for USCIS and status tracking procedures.

Please update your timelines accordingly to reflect your NOA1 Received Date!

Timeline
1 minute ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Awesome!!! Just a reminder to EVERYONE that it is the "Received date" which is important for your timeline and for USCIS, if in the future, they ask for your Priority Date (PD) it is your Received Date, not your Notice Date. Your notice date is simply the date the NOA1 was produced. 

Remember way back when we received our NOA1's for K1? The notice date is irrelevant for USCIS and status tracking procedures.

Please update your timelines accordingly to reflect your NOA1 Received Date!

My received date on the USCIS site is the same as my notice date on the letter, thanks for the tip! though :)

1 minute ago, Guacamole said:

My received date on the USCIS site is the same as my notice date on the letter, thanks for the tip! though :)

If you are talking about your I485 it will be updated to "fingerprint fee received" on a date after your NOA1 received date. That just means the last date that your case had a status update. Check all three NOA1 copies for the received date. The date on the USCIS site reflects the date of the last status update.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

If you are talking about your I485 it will be updated to "fingerprint fee received" on a date after your NOA1 received date. That just means the last date that your case had a status update. Check all three NOA1 copies for the received date. The date on the USCIS site reflects the date of the last status update.

It's saying 10/29 received for all 3 of them.

Just now, Guacamole said:

It's saying 10/29 received for all 3 of them.

Okay fair enough. But please refer to them as your Received Date if that is in fact your received date on all three NOA1s. Referring to your Received Date as the Notice Date will just make us assume you dont understand how to read your NOA1 and may confuse others in this forum as to which date is of importance and may confuse others on how to read their NOA1s.

This is the post I'm referring to my dear

43 minutes ago, Guacamole said:

Timeline
18 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Okay fair enough. But please refer to them as your Received Date if that is in fact your received date on all three NOA1s. Referring to your Received Date as the Notice Date will just make us assume you dont understand how to read your NOA1 and may confuse others in this forum as to which date is of importance and may confuse others on how to read their NOA1s.

Ooh, I wasn't really reading clearly, but I see where it says received date now, oops! But the received date on the myuscis website is different from the paper form? :o 

Timeline
18 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

This is the post I'm referring to my dear

In any case, I've updated my timeline!

My ACTUAL received date was 10/22 as it says on the printed NOA1s - sorry for the confusion!!

(I'm gonna use the fact that I've been battling a cold for 2 weeks and am kind of out of it as an excuse. 😅

36 minutes ago, Guacamole said:

Ooh, I wasn't really reading clearly, but I see where it says received date now, oops! But the received date on the myuscis website is different from the paper form? :o 

It should not be. Read my above posts clearly. They update your case status on myuscis when they take action such as receiving your fingerprint fee. They would have updated your I485 date to reflect that date. Receiving your fingerprint fee will be a date after your NOA1 received date. 

19 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

22 minutes ago, Guacamole said:

In any case, I've updated my timeline!

My ACTUAL received date was 10/22 as it says on the printed NOA1s - sorry for the confusion!!

(I'm gonna use the fact that I've been battling a cold for 2 weeks and am kind of out of it as an excuse. 😅

Get well soon my dear😁

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.