Hughlyn

Processing times the unknown

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I noticed the times are changing and moving up here at visajourney.com though its still confusing as can be. I went fdrom Nov 4tg to 8th to Oct 31st to Nov 2nd. Currently at 156 days. 

I seen some cases approved around 176 days and some as ku h as 210 days all from the california service center. 

So I booked a ticket to be with her at the interview. Nov 8th to Dec 16th. I'd like to think that is a safe window? 

Edited by Hughlyn

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Hughlyn said:

I noticed the times are changing and moving up here at visajourney.com though its still confusing as can be. I went fdrom Nov 4tg to 8th to Oct 31st to Nov 2nd. Currently at 156 days. 

I seen some cases approved around 176 days and some as ku h as 210 days all from the california service center. 

So I booked a ticket to be with her at the interview. Nov 8th to Dec 16th. I'd like to think that is a safe window? 

It is so hard to know for sure specific time frames. There could be a delay at NVC, perhaps something happens during the medical which causes huge delays?

While you have a large time frame to be there, that's good; but remember VJ time lines are a small percentage of actual I-129f petitions and K-1's so...

Hopefully if you booked something already maybe checked to see if you can adjust the dates as needed without any charge, or too much anyways just in case.

Hello from Houston/Katy area also... well I'm in Argentina right now for work but still the other half is at home haha.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Timeline

Of course I've got the insurance so I can extend it a little longer my plan is to get there after the noa2 was approved that way we can then schedule it because the NVC takes about a week to get your Manila case number

1. Your timeline is wrong and therefore the accuracy of its estimates is incorrect. Your case was not transferred from TSC to CSC. You sent the I-129F packet to the Texas lockbox (NOTE: This is not TSC), which then sent it to CSC for processing. CSC is the correct original Service Center.
  2. That timneline may be fine, but there are many, many things that can cause it to be way off in any particular case.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline

Odd if so. Where was it transfered from. I did hire a lawyer to submit everything I'm sure she knows. Also I do love in Texas. Even more confusing. 

1 minute ago, Hughlyn said:

Odd if so. Where was it transfered from. I did hire a lawyer to submit everything I'm sure she knows. Also I do love in Texas. Even more confusing. 

Nowhere. It was sent to the lockbox, who scans it in, then sent for processing at CSC. All I-129Fs for a  K-1 take this route right now (except special cases that involve a transfer to VSC for additional background checks later).

Edit: TSC no longer processes I-129Fs for a K-1.

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

Timeline

I'm just trying to gather the relevance of how the timeline is incorrect if it was processed by CSC regardless where was transferred from. 

I did get the notification that it was received in the date I provided for NOA1. 

24 minutes ago, Hughlyn said:

I'm just trying to gather the relevance of how the timeline is incorrect if it was processed by CSC regardless where was transferred from.

Transferred cases generally take longer. Or at the very least, the estimate provided on VJ looks at other people with TSC -> CSC cases to make the estimate, which is a very small sample size (others who incorrectly put TSC transferred to CSC).

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

AOS:

Spoiler

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

NVC

K-1

Timeline

Good info. My lawyer asked me to live in California so I may have just put it in there in correctly because I live in Texas and I wonder if I remove transfer some if it makes a difference. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Once your petition is approved, you need to understand that there will be months of waiting after that before an interview for a visa happens.  Look at the average wait times on VJ AFTER NOA2.  It usually takes a month or sometimes two for the case to be sent by USCIS to NVC, then more time before a NVC case number is assigned.  More forms need to be completed, documents submitted, fees paid by the beneficiary at the NVC stage.  Then after all this is done and complete, NVC sends the file to the appropriate consulate abroad where the interview will be scheduled.  More time to wait.  Based on average VJ member wait times, you will have a few months AFTER the petition is approved before the interview, most likely next year sometime.  Study the process and look at NVC to interview threads and you will see how long those stages can take.  You're getting ahead of yourself by assuming that after the petition is approved that is the end of the process.  The NVC step, and then interview step, can both takes weeks or months.  If all goes well, you may get an interview in January or February of 2019 but the whole thing is so unpredictable.  Good luck with the waiting... it's not fun.

We did nothing wrong, yet our USCIS phase took 256 days. You can get RFE, it can get to NVC and be returned to the USCIS, the NVC phase takes two weeks for some, four for others... There is so many things that can get delayed and it is really nothing you can predict. Buying a flight ticket "for the interview" seems to be quite risky, there may even be no interview slots available by the end of the year - again, nothing you can predict. But hey, even if you go, you get to spend some awesome time with your fianceé in her home country, which you won't be able visit together for a while after the wedding. You'll definitely enjoy your trip and hopefully the interview works out during that time, just maybe don't rely on it too much.🙂

(also, the most, if not even all, of the k1s are being processed in California Service Center. Yes, you sent your petition to Texas, but it is processed by CSC, no "transfer" is happening. If your receipt number says "WAC..." it means CSC.)

You don't make reservations until you have an interview date set.

Trip cancellation insurance doesn't usually cover this type of change.

If you can't change the trip just go out and have a good vacation and grab some more evidence of the relationship.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Timeline

Believe you're referring to this process here which in some cases or 50/50 take about a month to complete once the noa2 is approved if you're lucky. 

1.    NOA2 APPROVAL
a.    It will show approved and I will get mail saying the NOA2 is approved. Additionally it will show on the website https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/mycasestatus.do
2.    Call the NVC to get the case number daily. Call daily though it may take up to 14 days. You need to ask for the MANILA CASE NUMBER. Ask for the Status and if it is ready. Once your status is “READY” and the US Embassy has received your papers, continue to STEP 3.
a.    (603) 334-0700
b.    (603) 334-0888
3.    Once you get the Manila case number you need to:
1)    Pay for your Visa at any local BPI. You will need:
a.    Passport
b.    Manila Case number
c.    Payment – 15K PHP give or take.
2)    Fill out the DS-160
a.   https://ceac.state.gov/GenNIV/Default.aspx
b.    Print out and take a copy. Do not make mistakes.
3)    Get your Medical Exam at:
a.    St. Luke's Medical Center Extension Clinic
i.    Address: 1177 Jorge Bocobo St, Ermita, Manila, 1000 Metro Manila, Philippines
ii.    Phone: +63 2 521 0020
4.    Once I get the Manila case number I keep checking the CEAC website for the ready status to schedule an interview. Once its ready, schedule an Interview.
a.   https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx
b.    Print the confirmed Interview Form and take with you.
c.    Its is highly recommended for BOTH OF YOU to be at this interview.
5.    Pick up visa at mall of Asia 2go

OTHER DOCUMENTS THAT YOU MUST FILL OUT AND OR BRING
I-134
DS-160
Book binder with pictures of relationsihp. 
All travel / airline tickets and lodging information.
Spouses Photo IDs 1x1 and 2x2 
Spouses Birth certificate (Both)
Spouses Passport (both)
NBI
Cenomar 
Police clearance
Brgy clearance 
Parents photo copy ids.  
Your affidavit of employment or Tax Return & Paystubs
Divorce decree if exists

Edited by Hughlyn

Timeline
1 hour ago, Paul & Mary said:

You don't make reservations until you have an interview date set.

Trip cancellation insurance doesn't usually cover this type of change.

If you can't change the trip just go out and have a good vacation and grab some more evidence of the relationship.

We have lots of evidence actually. In the past year I think I spent 6 months there two times a month at a time and one time over 2 months but you're right I'll continue to go if it's not approved so this hoping of getting an approved while I'm there if not then I'll just go back

Edited by Hughlyn

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey!! 

I was approved last Friday and getting my visa on Monday!! Took 279 days without any RFE’s (visa in hand). I wouldn’t recommend making plans whatsoever as you never know whether you’ll get an RFE (if and when). Make plans for interviewing when you get NOA2. Ours took 184 days which is a god send, no RFE. Times aren’t getting shorter. Just play it by ear. I near fell to my knees when we got approved last Friday in London. I know it’s tough! 

Good luck, 

Jon 

Edited by jakejon

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.