sdavis406

Second time in Administrative Processing

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

I am in need of advise or knowledge. My fiance and I started our case 11/15/2016 , we had our first interview with the Consular on 01/16/2017. We stayed in Administrative Processing for one year and six months. 

On 07/03/2018 we received an email from the embassy to go get the medical and police back ground done, then update the DS-160 again. We did all that and requested another interview with the 

Consular. My fiance's interview was 09/05/2018. The interview went fine, they gave my fiance his entire file back, but kept his passport. They said so they could complete our case. Today we 

received an email that they were sending his passport to him, because we were in Administrative Processing again. No information on him being denied or approved. WTH, has anyone experienced this, or have any

knowledge to share.  Oh, I am in the U.S.A. and my fiance is in Iraq. Please offer any advise or knowledge <3 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
8 minutes ago, sdavis406 said:

I am in need of advise or knowledge. My fiance and I started our case 11/15/2016 , we had our first interview with the Consular on 01/16/2017. We stayed in Administrative Processing for one year and six months. 

On 07/03/2018 we received an email from the embassy to go get the medical and police back ground done, then update the DS-160 again. We did all that and requested another interview with the 

Consular. My fiance's interview was 09/05/2018. The interview went fine, they gave my fiance his entire file back, but kept his passport. They said so they could complete our case. Today we 

received an email that they were sending his passport to him, because we were in Administrative Processing again. No information on him being denied or approved. WTH, has anyone experienced this, or have any

knowledge to share.  Oh, I am in the U.S.A. and my fiance is in Iraq. Please offer any advise or knowledge ❤️

Unfortunately I don’t have any experience in this area but reading this made me want to cry 😭.  I am so sorry you are going through this.  

Thank you so much, everyone!

DD5B56DF-4C70-4A4F-A074-C72EA2413B5E.jpeg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

AP is so generic for many things from background checks, security checks, finalizing paperwork on the embassy side, to validating documents. With Iraq, I know having been there twice, some records may be hard to verify on their end, Could eb when they do a background check someone with the same name or similar name "trips" the system, it has happened before especially with common names in the certain countries.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

is this for a K1 or for AOS

either youre posting in the wrong section or you need to correct your timeline.

If K1, is Iraq on the travel ban (i dont keep track) if so, thats the problem. If not, it could be a very common name (not uncommon especially in middle eastern countries) and background checks/ confirmation of info is taking longer due to that.

youll likely never know.

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

10 minutes ago, debbiedoo said:

is this for a K1 or for AOS

either youre posting in the wrong section or you need to correct your timeline.

OP kept referring to the "fiance" so I'd say possibly K1 visa. Also, OP has no Timeline to check into.

IR-1/CR-1
Spoiler

GOT MARRIED: 3-APR-2015 :wub:

HUSBAND FILED I-130: 29-MAY-2015

VISAS APPROVED: 15-JUN-2016

VISAS IN HAND; GREEN CARD FEES PAID: 21-JUN-2016

PORT OF ENTRY - FT. LAUDERDALE INTL AIRPORT: 06-AUG-2016
CONDITIONAL GREEN CARDS RECEIVED: 23-SEP-2016

I-751 FILER   
Spoiler
FILED REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS: 25-JUN-2018
FILE SENT TO NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER 11-MAY-2019
10-YR GREEN CARDS APPROVED 17-JUN-2019 
10-YR GREEN CARDS RECEIVED 21-JUN-2019 :dance: 

N-400 FILER
Spoiler
FILED CITIZENSHIP ONLINE; RECEIVED NOA1: 8-DEC-2019
BIOMETRICS WALK-IN: 18-DEC-2019
INTERVIEW SCHEDULED: 26-OCT-2020
APPROVED/SAME DAY OATH CEREMONY: 26-OCT-2020

US PASSPORT
APPLICATION APPOINTMENT AT USPS (ROUTINE): 16-SEP-2021
PASSPORT APPROVED: 30-SEP-2021
PASSPORT RECEIVED: 5-OCT-2021

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Amadia said:

OP kept referring to the "fiance" so I'd say possibly K1 visa. Also, OP has no Timeline to check into.

to the left of their name says they filed for AOS. was assuming they had. they need to if that.

and exact terms matter here, as i was so very quickly taught when i first joined, and the more i learned, the more i learned they were RIGHT.

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Timeline
1 hour ago, debbiedoo said:

to the left of their name says they filed for AOS. was assuming they had. they need to if that.

and exact terms matter here, as i was so very quickly taught when i first joined, and the more i learned, the more i learned they were RIGHT.

Sorry I corrected my mistake. I am doing a K1-visa

Timeline
1 hour ago, Ben&Zian said:

AP is so generic for many things from background checks, security checks, finalizing paperwork on the embassy side, to validating documents. With Iraq, I know having been there twice, some records may be hard to verify on their end, Could eb when they do a background check someone with the same name or similar name "trips" the system, it has happened before especially with common names in the certain countries.

Yes, I understand that their records keeping is not as sophisticated as western systems. The problem is it being the second interview, second round of medical/police papers ect.  I have looked for any reason for keeping our case in AP, there is none. The Consular told us they do not need anything further from us. I am just frustrated and needed some type of camaraderie.  Though I have thought that his profession could be an issue. He has weapons training and such.  I guess it is a waiting game from here on out.  I appreciate your response  

2 hours ago, Hello729 said:

Unfortunately I don’t have any experience in this area but reading this made me want to cry 😭.  I am so sorry you are going through this.  

Thank you so much for those kind words ❤️ 

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/28/2018 at 6:19 PM, sdavis406 said:

Yes, I understand that their records keeping is not as sophisticated as western systems. The problem is it being the second interview, second round of medical/police papers ect.  I have looked for any reason for keeping our case in AP, there is none. The Consular told us they do not need anything further from us. I am just frustrated and needed some type of camaraderie.  Though I have thought that his profession could be an issue. He has weapons training and such.  I guess it is a waiting game from here on out.  I appreciate your response  

Thank you so much for those kind words ❤️ 

Iraq. "He". "Weapons Training". These are almost certain to cause a multi year wait. But it does look like you are getting close. Keep your spirits up youll be there soon.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.