749 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, K1journey_16 said:

Check this list, this is from appointment confirmation page

Screenshot_20190212-041723~01~01~01~01.png

@K1journey_16,will they look at any bank statements at Mumbai embassy ?

How many months statements should I take ?

@Greenbaum, I know savings account  statement is optional but if I’m showing it is ythe letter from the bank enough or do I need 6 months of statements too ? Thankyou in advance  

Edited by ujones

Just now, ujones said:

@K1journey_16,will they look at any bank statements at Mumbai embassy ? How many months statements should I take ?

In my case we submitted affidavit 134 and tax return with the original i129f petition, they just checked that, he didn't ask for my fiance's current tax return or his job offer letter or pay slips or any other documents which I took, never heard of anyone taking bank statements, they would want to check how much you earn, so take w2, tax return, pay slips of last three months and job offer letter if you have ( Consulate officer asked me how much my fiance earns but didn't ask to submit proof but I had proof).

4 minutes ago, ujones said:

@K1journey_16,will they look at any bank statements at Mumbai embassy ? How many months statements should I take ?

@K1journey_16 how many years of TAX return? I don't have a job letter, but my company HR directed me to Work Number for job verification letter to be printed.

2 minutes ago, K1journey_16 said:

In my case we submitted affidavit 134 and tax return with the original i129f petition, they just checked that, he didn't ask for my fiance's current tax return or his job offer letter or pay slips or any other documents which I took, never heard of anyone taking bank statements, they would want to check how much you earn, so take w2, tax return, pay slips of last three months and job offer letter if you have ( Consulate officer asked me how much my fiance earns but didn't ask to submit proof but I had proof).

Sorry @K1journey_16, what did u mean by original I-129f petition ? 

2 minutes ago, Srinath06 said:

@K1journey_16 how many years of TAX return? I don't have a job letter, but my company HR directed me to Work Number for job verification letter to be printed.

Take three years, we submitted two years tax return originally, he checked only that, but I took the 2018 latest one too, 2016, 2017, 2018, take payslips of last two months 

2 minutes ago, K1journey_16 said:

You did have proof you submitted the I-134 and there in is the amount he earns. The CO asked you a test question and you were able to answer which help convince her of your relationship. Congrats.

Now a days you can't depend on what financials they'll ask for so you have to have them all. Some CO's in the same embassy will ask for something entirely different from another CO. So play it safe and bring everything required for the financials is my recommendation.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

1 minute ago, ujones said:

Sorry @K1journey_16, what did u mean by original I-129f petition ? 

You don't need the I-129f as it is already a part of your case file.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

5 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

You did have proof you submitted the I-134 and there in is the amount he earns. The CO asked you a test question and you were able to answer which help convince her of your relationship. Congrats.

Now a days you can't depend on what financials they'll ask for so you have to have them all. Some CO's in the same embassy will ask for something entirely different from another CO. So play it safe and bring everything required for the financials is my recommendation.

@Greenbaum In my case i134 had his dad's earnings not his, he was the sponsor at the time we submitted i129f. Nothing of my fiance's earnings was submitted, tax return was also dad's

7 minutes ago, K1journey_16 said:

@Greenbaum In my case i134 had his dad's earnings not his, he was the sponsor at the time we submitted i129f. Nothing of my fiance's earnings was submitted, tax return was also dad's

The financials for the co-sponsor is not submitted when sending in your I-129f. No where in the instructions is that a requirement. If you need a co-sponsor to past the litmus test for the poverty level then it is presented at the interview.  What surprises me is that the I-134 wasn't also asked of your fiancé's job. 

I only point these abnormalities out so that anyone who is reading this doesn't think they only need to do such and such because K1jorney didn't do it and they passed. :thumbs: 

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
17 hours ago, K1journey_16 said:

@K@S any update from the embassy?

The approval slip states that we have to pay a fee, I have checked on UStraveldocs website that it does not apply to K visas, do you have any information?

Checked in the morning today, & it said "Your passport is being processed" or something but by around 7 p.m. it said that the passport was ready for pickup, though it looks like it can only be picked up within 1 hour every week. So annoying! 😒 - http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-loc-passportcollection.asp 

Right, that's what I've heard too. Here, it says that the USCIS Immigrant Fee is towards producing the Green Card, which of course, we won't be eligible for until AoS is completed, so it doesn't look like it applies to K1 - https://www.uscis.gov/forms/uscis-immigrant-fee

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.