|Consulate Review: Mumbai, India
Review Topic: K1 Visa
|Review Date :
||February 8, 2019
|Embassy Review :
||Interview experience :
I reached at around 6 AM, all those who had the 7 15 appointment were let in by 7 AM, I met @k@s and went through security and was asked to wait in a queue. The assistance officers asked for NVC call letter which comes in packet 4 and the interview appointment letter, they arranged these documents in order :
Original birth certificate and copy
They stack all these papers in your passport and ask you to wait, then I was sent to a counter, (the biometrics counter) , an Indian officer asked my name and who is calling me to USA, my contact no., fiance's contact no. , She took the documents, arranged them, she also opened the sealed envelope and she explained the IBMRA pamphlet and my rights in US.
Then she got my file, gave me a token and I was asked to wait.
Interview is at the counter ( there are 50 other people who are waiting for their turn and watching you)
Male CO took my interview.
Took the oath and began
1. Who is calling you to the US
2. Where is your fiance calling you
3. Where does he live
4. When did you meet him
5. How did the proposal happen
6. How long have you known each other
7. How long did you two know each other before the proposal
8. How was the proposal, how did it happen, any ceremonies, ring anything
9. Why did you not get married, why K1, why not spouse visa
10. What is your fiance's age and what is your age.
11. Where did your fiance immigrate from and where did he immigrate to
12. Randomly in between he would ask me if I'm married
13. What does he do
14. Is this the first time you are getting married
15. What do you two talk about, how do you spend time with eachother
16. Does he live with his family, who is there in the family, where will you be staying
17. Did you meet his parents
18. Why are not getting married here and why there
19. What are the wedding plans
20. Are you sure you are not married
21. Do you two have any pictures together
22. How many family members do you have
23. How much does your fiance earn
Points to remember from experience :
These look like general questions but they are specific to each candidate, he will base his next questions on what you have answered and he will keep reminding you that you are under the oath, answer everything confidently and firmly
In the middle of the interview he would give a stern expression and throw statements like "I'm very curious" "it's quite strange" "well how do you want to explain this" "you are under oath" , at this time DO NOT PANIC, GIVE CORRECT ANSWERS AND STICK TO THEM.
He twisted some of my answers and tried to tell me that I provided incorrect information under oath, I corrected him twice, stating that my statement was such and such, he then agreed. CORRECT HIM WHENEVER NEEDED, DON'T GET CONFUSED
HE DID NOT ASK FOR ADDITIONAL PROOF OF RELATIONSHIP, NO CONVERSATIONS OR CALL LOGS OR ANY OTHER PAPER but carry all documents.
Know all the basic information about your fiance, birthplace, education details, family details, work details, hobbies, names of friends, place of work, nature of work.
At the end he asked me again if I'm married, if this is the first time I will be getting married and explained my rights.
Then A COLD smile and he said you are ""Approved"" , he said all the best and handed a slip which has a few instructions and the statement "your visa is approved", I gave him A BIG smile thanked him twice.
I met @k@S again, asked him to be confident wished him luck and left.
I was elated and relieved and I was tired and I wanted to eat and sleep 😋
P.S I'm still tired and sleep deprived