REYHAN

How to obtain your Qatar police clearance certificate when you're in the Philippines? (2018)

40 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

How to obtain your Qatar police clearance certificate when you're in the Philippines?

1. You can send all the requirements to the Qatar Embassy through WExpress (affiliated with DHL, they have different branches but they have one in DFA ASEANA). I called the embassy and was advised that the wait time for this process will take up to 2-3 months.

2. You're lucky if you have a friend in Qatar who is willing to process and get it for you.

My friend successfully got my PCC in just 1 week!

Here is the list of requirements I sent him:

a. SPECIAL POWER OF ATTORNEY (SPA)

b. NBI CLEARANCE

c. SUNDRY CARD/FINGERPRINTS

d. LETTER OF PURPOSE

e. CLEAR PHOTOCOPY OF YOUR PREVIOUS QATAR ID
f. CLEAR PHOTOCOPY OF YOUR PASSPORT AND RELEVANT PAGES
g. 3 PCS OF 2x2 PHOTO (this may not be needed), The Ministry of Interior (CEID) used the photo I had on their system which was the one used in my QID. (But just in case, include it.)
h. COPY OF YOUR PREVIOUS RESIDENT VISA

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a. SPECIAL POWER OF ATTORNEY (SPA) to authorize the person you will appoint to transact, request, sign and receive on your behalf. This has to be notarized with a Certificate of Authority for a Notarial Act (CANA). 

Don't forget to bring a photocopy of your friend's Qatar ID, ask the lawyer to include his/her QID number in the SPA. You will also need your friend's date of birth, nationality, and address.

*Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) does not authenticate this document without CANA.
*You can ask the lawyer who will sign your SPA where you can get his/her CANA.

FEE: 1,150 PHP for SPA and 100 PHP for the CANA.
(SPA fee may differ depending on which law office you'll go to)

b. NATIONAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION (NBI) CLEARANCE. Check the nearest NBI satellite near you. 

FEE: 130 PHP

I got 2 copies of these so I can send one to Qatar and one for my visa requirement.

c. SUNDRY CARD/FINGERPRINTS. You can get this from NBI or (Philippine National Police) PNP in Camp Crame.

NBI requires an endorsement letter as a proof that this document will be used for visa requirements. However, Qatar and the US embassy do not provide any endorsement letters. If you have the checklist with you from National Visa Center (NVC), you can bring it there and they might give you the sundry card. Please contact NBI about this.

I got my fingerprints from PNP, Camp Crame - Crime laboratory. Once you're there, you will be asked to pay the fee at Landbank within the camp. People are really nice and helpful, so just ask them how to get there. It is just a walking distance from the lab.

FEE: 200 PHP

Once paid, go back to the lab. You will only need (2 pcs) 2x2 pictures and the receipt of your payment.

------------------------

After collecting these documents, you may now bring them to DFA-ASEANA. (DFA satellite offices do not authenticate PNP sundry card)

FEE: 200 PHP each document for 1-day processing. 

- SPA/CANA
- PNP fingerprints
- NBI
(total is 600 PHP)

*If you're willing to wait for the normal processing, you will only need to pay 100 PHP per document which will take 4 days before you pick it up.

--------------------------------------------------

d. LETTER OF PURPOSE. This is a formal letter addressed to the Director General of evidence and criminal information. Here's a sample:

Ministry of Interior Qatar
General Directorate of Criminal Investigations
Criminal Evidence and Information Department
P.O. Box 23004
Salwa Road, Exit 15
Doha, Qatar

Subject: Requesting Police Clearance Certificate for US K-1 visa

Date

To the Director General of evidence and criminal information:

I kindly request you to provide me a Police Clearance Certificate for the purpose of obtaining a US K-1 fiance(e) visa. Please find my personal information below:

NAME:
PASSPORT 
PREVIOUS QATAR ID NUMBER: 
DATE OF ENTRY: 
DATE OF EXIT: 

I authorized _____________, with Qatar ID number:  -----------------, to transact, sign, submit and claim the certificate for me.

Please see enclosed documents such as Power-of-Attorney, certified fingerprints, copy of my Qatar ID, copy of my passport and relevant pages, previous resident visa and photographs.

Thank you for your kind consideration.

Sincerely,

g. 3 PCS OF 2x2 PHOTO (this may not be needed), The Ministry of Interior (CEID) used the photo I had in their system which was the one in my QID. But just in case, just include it.

-----------------------------

After you have all these information, you can finally send it to your friend in Qatar. I used DHL, my friend got the mail after 3 days.

FEE: 3,145 PHP

------------------------------

My friend brought it directly to CEID the next day but he was asked to go to the Philippine Embassy to get a stamp. He had to pay 300 QAR for the stamps.

FEE: 100 QAR per stamp

- SPA/CANA
- PNP fingerprints
- NBI

I know, it is really expensive!!!! 😫 It does not end there...

-------------------------------

After getting this done, he went to Qatar - Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) to get another stamp. Again, he had to pay 400 QAR.

- SPA/CANA
- PNP fingerprints
- NBI
- Additional documents
--------------------------------

Then finally, he submitted all of these to CEID on SEP 11 and he was able to get the PCC on SEP 17.

----------------------------

After getting the PCC, he was asked to go back to MOFA to have it stamped.

FEE: 100 QAR.

He sent the documents to me through DHL and he was advised that I will be receiving it within 3 days.

FEE: 360 QAR

What an expensive paper! Wooooah! 😂 

Good luck everyone!
Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 9/18/2018 at 12:53 AM, REYHAN said:

How to obtain your Qatar police clearance certificate when you're in the Philippines?

1. You can send all the requirements to the Qatar Embassy through WExpress (affiliated with DHL, they have different branches but they have one in DFA ASEANA). I called the embassy and was advised that the wait time for this process will take up to 2-3 months.

2. You're lucky if you have a friend in Qatar who is willing to process and get it for you.

b. NBI CLEARANCE

d. LETTER OF PURPOSE

g. 3 PCS OF 2x2 PHOTO (this may not be needed), The Ministry of Interior (CEID) used the photo I had on their system which was the one used in my QID. (But just in case, include it.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a. SPECIAL POWER OF ATTORNEY (SPA) to authorize the person you will appoint to transact, request, sign and receive on your behalf. This has to be notarized with a Certificate of Authority for a Notarial Act (CANA). 

Don't forget to bring a photocopy of your friend's Qatar ID, ask the lawyer to include his/her QID number in the SPA. You will also need your friend's date of birth, nationality, and address.

*Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) does not authenticate this document without CANA.

b. NATIONAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION (NBI) CLEARANCE. Check the nearest NBI satellite near you. 

I got 2 copies of these so I can send one to Qatar and one for my visa requirement.

c. SUNDRY CARD/FINGERPRINTS. You can get this from NBI or (Philippine National Police) PNP in Camp Crame.

NBI requires an endorsement letter as a proof that this document will be used for visa requirements. However, Qatar and the US embassy do not provide any endorsement letters. If you have the checklist with you from National Visa Center (NVC), you can bring it there and they might give you the sundry card. Please contact NBI about this.

I got my fingerprints from PNP, Camp Crame - Crime laboratory. Once you're there, you will be asked to pay the fee at Landbank within the camp. People are really nice and helpful, so just ask them how to get there. It is just a walking distance from the lab.

Once paid, go back to the lab. You will only need (2 pcs) 2x2 pictures and the receipt of your payment.

------------------------

After collecting these documents, you may now bring them to DFA-ASEANA. (DFA satellite offices do not authenticate PNP sundry card)

- SPA/CANA
- PNP fingerprints
- NBI
(total is 600 PHP)

*If you're willing to wait for the normal processing, you will only need to pay 100 PHP per document which will take 4 days before you pick it up.

d. LETTER OF PURPOSE. This is a formal letter addressed to the Director General of evidence and criminal information. Here's a sample:

P.O. Box 23004
Salwa Road, Exit 15
Doha, Qatar

Date

I kindly request you to provide me a Police Clearance Certificate for the purpose of obtaining a US K-1 fiance(e) visa. Please find my personal information below:

NAME:
PASSPORT 
DATE OF ENTRY: 
DATE OF EXIT: 

I authorized _____________, with Qatar ID number:  -----------------, to transact, sign, submit and claim the certificate for me.

Please see enclosed documents such as Power-of-Attorney, certified fingerprints, copy of my Qatar ID, copy of my passport and relevant pages, previous resident visa and photographs.

Sincerely,

g. 3 PCS OF 2x2 PHOTO (this may not be needed), The Ministry of Interior (CEID) used the photo I had in their system which was the one in my QID. But just in case, just include it.

After you have all these information, you can finally send it to your friend in Qatar. I used DHL, my friend got the mail after 3 days.

My friend brought it directly to CEID the next day but he was asked to go to the Philippine Embassy to get a stamp. He had to pay 300 QAR for the stamps.

- SPA/CANA
- PNP fingerprints
- NBI

After getting this done, he went to Qatar - Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) to get another stamp. Again, he had to pay 400 QAR.

- SPA/CANA
- PNP fingerprints
- NBI
- Additional documents

Then finally, he submitted all of these to CEID on SEP 11 and he was able to get the PCC on SEP 17.

He sent the documents to me through DHL and he was advised that I will be receiving it within 3 days.

Good luck everyone!
Hope this helps.

Hi,

You have mentioned that you got your fingerprints at PNP camp crame, did they ask you a copy of your NVC letter? Actually, I am still waiting for our NOA 2 but i want to start now to process my Qatar PC, you think it’s possible?

Thanks in advance.

Timeline
5 hours ago, Leolady05 said:

Hi,

You have mentioned that you got your fingerprints at PNP camp crame, did they ask you a copy of your NVC letter? Actually, I am still waiting for our NOA 2 but i want to start now to process my Qatar PC, you think it’s possible?

Thanks in advance.

Hello, they did not ask for the NVC letter. But just in case they will ask you what is the sundry card for, tell them that it is a requirement for you to get your police clearance from Qatar. 😉

• 1 month later...

Hi Reyhan.. thank you, your post is really helpful. I just would like to confirm if NBI certificate is sufficient (since its scope is the entire Philippines) because I'm confused with MOI's requirement that Original Good Conduct Certificate from the local police is needed (Police Certificate from the nearest police station I'm currently living in). Thank you.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, Russ Pasion said:
  1. Hi Reyhan.. thank you, your post is really helpful. I just would like to confirm if NBI certificate is sufficient (since its scope is the entire Philippines) because I'm confused with MOI's requirement that Original Good Conduct Certificate from the local police is needed (Police Certificate from the nearest police station I'm currently living in). Thank you.

Local police certificate is NOT needed only NBI (if you have not lived in a foreign country) is required by the embassy.

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

8 hours ago, Russ Pasion said:

Hi Reyhan.. thank you, your post is really helpful. I just would like to confirm if NBI certificate is sufficient (since its scope is the entire Philippines) because I'm confused with MOI's requirement that Original Good Conduct Certificate from the local police is needed (Police Certificate from the nearest police station I'm currently living in). Thank you.

This is a common misconception but only a NBI is needed that is it. 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, John & Rose said:

She isn't looking for a Qatar clearance .. she hijacked this topic.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/18/2018 at 12:53 AM, REYHAN said:

b. NBI CLEARANCE

d. LETTER OF PURPOSE

------------------------

- SPA/CANA
- PNP fingerprints
- NBI
(total is 600 PHP)

P.O. Box 23004
Salwa Road, Exit 15
Doha, Qatar

Date

NAME:
PASSPORT 
DATE OF ENTRY: 
DATE OF EXIT: 

Sincerely,

- SPA/CANA
- PNP fingerprints
- NBI

- SPA/CANA
- PNP fingerprints
- NBI
- Additional documents

Good luck everyone!
Hope this helps.

Hi sir, what if my resident visa is missing? What will i do? 

Thank you for your response

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 2/5/2019 at 12:47 AM, JacqueR said:

Hi,

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I apologize if I haven't seen your message. They did not ask for it. Hope that you have completed all your requirements. 

Timeline
On 11/5/2018 at 10:07 PM, Kulagbaw said:

Thank you for posting it. Soon i'll need to get police clearance from Qatar because I worked there for more than 2 years. I have a cousin in Qatar right now and i'm gonna ask him if he can do it for me. --Well I agree, that is really expensive 😱😱

True, but it will all work out and it will be worth it.

On 3/23/2019 at 2:15 AM, Lei660 said:

Hi sir, what if my resident visa is missing? What will i do? 

Thank you for your response

I am not too sure about that. I'm sorry. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.