Jal7700

NVC to Create Case number..?

53 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, abdo1 said:

my petition is approved for IR1 for spouse, case was sent to NVC on 26 september but have not heard from them yet how long it takes to get your email from NVC with case number ? 

It took me 23 days to get my case number.

CR-1 Visa
Texas Service Center
Montreal, Canada Consulate
Canadian Beneficiary/US Petitioner

Married: Nov 15, 2017
NOA1/PD Date: Jan 5, 2018
I-130 Approved: July 6, 2018 (6 months wait)
NVC Received Case: July 18, 2018 (12 days wait)
Received Case Number: August 10, 2018 (23 days wait)
Paid AOS & IV Bill: August 10, 2018
Was marked "PAID" August 15, 2018 at the CEAC site. (3 business days wait)

Filled out DS-261 & Supporting Docs: Tuesday August 21 2018

Uploaded AOS Forms & Supporting Docs: Friday August 24 2018

Case Complete: September 13, 2018

Appointment Date Email: November 9, 2018

Appointment Date: December 21, 2018

Visa Approved: December 21, 2018

Picked up Visa from Post Office: December 31, 2018

Received SSN: January 4th, 2019

Received GC in Mail: March 24, 2019

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
4 hours ago, Jal7700 said:

NVC taking about 3 to 4 week to assign Case number and Invoice number. 

3 to 4 after they receive the receive the case from Uscis right? 

So another 3 to 4 weeks before for uscis to send the case to nvc ?

yey I always wanted to be good on maths 🤣

Our was approved on sept 13 and we didn’t hear anything yet from nvc 🤷🏻‍♀️ We may call them next week incha Allah 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
16 hours ago, CappuccinoMo said:

Our was approved on sept 13 and we didn’t hear anything yet from nvc 🤷🏻‍♀️ We may call them next week incha Allah 

yes !! USCIS take about 2-3 week to send. and NVC take about 3 to 4 week to Populate Case and Invoice number.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
On 10/12/2018 at 6:32 AM, CappuccinoMo said:

we called NVC center friday Oct 12 and got our case number! letter arrived monday Oct 15

we paid fees now waiting for them to be proceed 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
On 10/11/2018 at 7:50 PM, nickymicky said:

my case was sent from USCIS to NVC on sept 24

OCT 2nd NVC got the case

now I am waiting for the case number...

if everything goes smoothly how long it takes for the case complete. I am thinking by the end of NOV is that possible?

it takes about 1 month for you to receive the CASE number and takes another 3 weeks to process your AOS documents ( submit and case sent to Embassy). Then, looking at the current trend for Nepal Embassy, it takes you about 1 month to schedule an interview. You're looking anywhere between 2-3 months from Today. I think the earliest you can have your interview is mid December to early January ( if everything goes as expected).

Hello Everyone 😀. Please help 🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾

We finally  got our I-130 approved on 17 October.

I can see it online via the USCIS website, and it said :

‘’ We will mail your approval notice. Please follow the instructions in the notice “

So my questions

1. Can we do anything (other than rounding up our paperwork) before we get this mail?

2. The message online says they are mailing out the approval notice

So is this the NOA2? and will the notice they mail tell us our petition has been sent to NVC?

if not :

2. How do we know our petition has been sent to NVC?

3. How do we know when to pay the fee /  How are we notified of this?

(Our emails are on  the I-130, but we have never been sent an email)

4. Who gives us our information to login online and fill in the visa application?

If anyone can help it will be much appreciated 

Thanks so much 🙏🏾

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, MrsB2212 said:

‘’ We will mail your approval notice. Please follow the instructions in the notice “

So my questions

1. Can we do anything (other than rounding up our paperwork) before we get this mail?

So is this the NOA2? and will the notice they mail tell us our petition has been sent to NVC?

if not :

4. Who gives us our information to login online and fill in the visa application?

Thanks so much 🙏🏾

at this point all you can do is just start gathering your all AOS and IV Documents and also Police Clearance for Foreign Spouse. It take about 3 week to send your approved case to NVC than at NVC it take about 3 more week to get you Case number and Invoice Number. you will be notify via email from NVC to start paying your fees and instruction to follow. 

2 hours ago, MrsB2212 said:

So my questions

--> Not really, gathering up paperwork is all you can do at this time. 

if not :

---> No, USCIS will not mail another notice. They will (supposedly) update the case status when the case has been physically sent. That will take a few weeks (2-4 weeks).

---> The NVC will send you an email, called the welcome package. It will have instruction on how to do it. You will do it online. 

Note: After the USCIS package arrives at the NVC, it will take them another few weeks to input into their system. During this time, you can call the NVC, they can confirm that the received the package and when you can expect to receive that welcome email. 

Thanks so much 🙏🏾

---> The NVC will tell you in that email. 

37 minutes ago, kid1412 said:

--> Not really, gathering up paperwork is all you can do at this time. 

---> No, USCIS will not mail another notice. They will (supposedly) update the case status when the case has been physically sent. That will take a few weeks (2-4 weeks).

---> The NVC will send you an email, called the welcome package. It will have instruction on how to do it. You will do it online. 

Note: After the USCIS package arrives at the NVC, it will take them another few weeks to input into their system. During this time, you can call the NVC, they can confirm that the received the package and when you can expect to receive that welcome email. 

---> The NVC will tell you in that email. 

Kid1412, you have brilliant!

Thank you so much. 😂🙏🏾

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 3:23 PM, Sherbahadur said:

it takes about 1 month for you to receive the CASE number and takes another 3 weeks to process your AOS documents ( submit and case sent to Embassy). Then, looking at the current trend for Nepal Embassy, it takes you about 1 month to schedule an interview. You're looking anywhere between 2-3 months from Today. I think the earliest you can have your interview is mid December to early January ( if everything goes as expected).

Sherbahadur Ji

I just received my case number from NVC.

did you mail the IV and AOS packet by mail or everything you were able to upload online. Please let me know.

Thank you

Edited by nickymicky

Timeline
1 hour ago, nickymicky said:

Sherbahadur Ji

I just received my case number from NVC.

did you mail the IV and AOS packet by mail or everything you were able to upload online. Please let me know.

Thank you

Yes. Everything was online. Make sure you submit the W-2 as well as tax file for 2017. I was requested for w-2 even tho theres no hard and fast rule requiring w-2. Fokat ma 3 weeks dealy. Still waitinf for AOS approval

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Sherbahadur said:

Yes. Everything was online. Make sure you submit the W-2 as well as tax file for 2017. I was requested for w-2 even tho theres no hard and fast rule requiring w-2. Fokat ma 3 weeks dealy. Still waitinf for AOS approval

got it. that  means even the form I 864 can be filled online and it doesn't required my original signature.

now its lock I cant pay the fees and they told me to wait 24hrs so that I can pay the fees.so hopefully Monday I will pay the fees.

testo kehi imp kura xa vane let me know. I was thinking to send only 2017 tax return transcript  but thank you for reminding me that I need to send W2 also.

aru pani testo kehi xa vane plz let me know .

All the best :yes:

Timeline
23 hours ago, Sherbahadur said:

For 864 make sure u electronically sign the form. As a precaution, I printed the signature page and hand signed the page/ scanned and uploaded.

how about 2x2 photo or other picture do we need to upload or its not required

Timeline

Got the NVC case number on 10/26 logged in as soon as I got the case number but all the fees were $0 so called NVC they told me to wait 24hrs for the fees to get generated. called today and they told me they send the email to supervisor and it might take 6 weeks to fix the issue which is CRAZY.

let me know what's the best thing to do or have you ever experienced similar kind of situation.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.